X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAC Conference Series

South Florida 3-0 East Carolina

Memphis 0-3 Houston

Having the Conference bye, UCF is hosting Virginia Tech on Sunday and Monday in a three-game set.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

South Florida 3-0 East Carolina
      In USF's 9-0 win over ECU on Friday, Georgina Corrick pitched 6 innings allowing only 1 hit and 1 walk while striking out 11 and facing only 2 batters over the minimum.

In USF's 6-0 win over ECU on Saturday Corrick pitched a 7-inning no-hitter and in the process picked up her 100th career win. She walked one batter and hit a batter so she faced 2 over the minimum. She struck out 13.

Corrick wasn't very good in today's game. She allowed 1 unearned run on 3 hits and a hit batter and only struck out 8 as USF finished off the sweep with a 5-1 win. She had to face 7 batters over the minimum as USF committed 3 errors.

So Corrick pitched 20 of the 21 innings against ECU this weekend giving up only the 1 unearned run and allowing only 4 hits while striking out 32 and walking 3 and hitting 2 batters.

Erin Poepping was allowed to pitch the 7th inning of the series opener on Friday.

There's an old saying that good pitching beats good hitting. That theory will be tested next weekend for sure as USF hosts the Shocks. My money is on the team with the good pitching, especially since the team with the good hitting doesn't pitch so good. But I have been wrong many times before. I would love for the Shocks to prove me wrong again.

Comment

Not for nothing, and mostly I'm just irritated with baseball going 1-2 this weekend, but does anyone think for a second that it would be acceptable for Lynn Marshall to do the color commentating during the 2014-15 season?

Again, I'm not really complaining, but it does seem inappropriate. I certainly could be wrong.

Comment

Fresh off a blistering weekend at the plate, Wichita State sophomore Addison Barnard has been tabbed the American Athletic Conference Player of the Week, it was announced Monday afternoon.

Addison went 6-for-12 (.500 Avg.) at the dish with five of those six being home runs. All six hits were extra base hits. In the three-game series vs. Tulsa, Barnard hit 5 home runs and drove in 14 runs with a slugging percentage of 1.833. Barnard finished the weekend sweep with back-to-back multi-home run games, including a career-high 6 RBI in Saturday's run-rule.

She entered the weekend with 13 home runs on the season and tied for 4th in the NCAA, but finished the weekend with 18 home runs and is now the NCAA leader. Barnard became just the second Shocker ever with 40 or more career home runs and is four home runs shy of tying the single season record of 22, which she set in 2021 as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            Having the Conference bye, UCF is hosting Virginia Tech on Sunday and Monday in a three-game set.
            #5 Virginia Tech 2-1 #20 UCF

Comment

AAC RPIs of interest:

11 - UCF
              40 - USF
              42 - Shockers

Comment

Barnard Tabbed NFCA National Player of the Week

The honors continue to roll in for Addison Barnard. The sophomore outfielder can now add National Player of the Week honors to her resume after Louisville Slugger and the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) recognized Barnard Tuesday afternoon.

This is the first time a Shocker has been named an NFCA National Player of the Week. Barnard was also named the D1 Softball Player of the Week and American Athletic Conference Player of the Week.

Comment

Working...
                X