Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#25/25 Shocker SB at Bearkat Classic (Sam Houston State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks lead 4-1 after 4

Comment

Late home runs open the game up for WSU again. 7-3 after a three run bomb from Barnard.

2 home runs today for Barnard and Herring, 1 each for McKinney and Zoe Jones.

Comment

9-3 bottom 7

Comment

9-5 final.

Addie’s 3 run was obliterated.

Comment

Always good to have a 2 win day. We knew coming into the season that the pitching was somewhat unproven. Caitlyn and Erin have plenty of experience but they have generally been inconsistent. A little concerning that the ptiching wasn't a bit sharper against this level of competition but it is early. Nice the to see the offense still cranking. Looks like it definitely will be needed this year. It certainly is entertaining. I wonder if Alison will get a start in the circle tomorrow or on Sunday.

Comment

Addison's 2 homers today giver her 24 career home runs. Believe it or not that moves Addison into a 4-way tie for 10th place all-time at WSU just 2 games into her 2nd year.

As if Addison isn't already a big enough threat with her bat she stole 5 bases in the two games today in 5 attempts. In 52 games last year she stole 9 bases in 10 attempts. Kelli Spring is the all-time career stolen base leader with 56.

BTW, a little Shocker trivia for you. One of the more interesting occupants on the Shocker Top 10 career stolen base list at #6 with 40 career steals is Melanie Jaegers. Don't often see that from a catcher. Melanie is also #2 on the career Runners Caught Stealing By list with 61.

Comment

Other Friday Scores

Houston Baptist 2-0 Dayton
                Two hits for the Huskies and three hits for the Flyers

South Dakota 6-0 Houston Baptist
                Back-to-back homers in the first ining gave the 'Yotes an early 4-0 lead

South Dakota 8-9 Sam Houston State
                The Bearkats trailed 7-4 after four

Comment

Friday Shocker games writeup on the website
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; February 12, 2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Cooper closed out the game last night. She does have some movement on the ball. I didn't see it mentioned, and I don't like to speculate when it comes to health, but I believe Arielle was replaced because of an injury, and from I have gleaned asking about, it didn't look very good. Hopefully holding her out last night was just precautionary and she'll be ok. Don't really want to have to fill in at 2B after 1 game. It's a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Cooper closed out the game last night. She does have some movement on the ball. I didn't see it mentioned, and I don't like to speculate when it comes to health, but I believe Arielle was replaced because of an injury, and from I have gleaned asking about, it didn't look very good. Hopefully holding her out last night was just precautionary and she'll be ok. Don't really want to have to fill in at 2B after 1 game. It's a long season.
                      And it actually was a fill-in at 3B last night as Zoe moved to 2B and Camryn filled in at 3B.

Comment

Game Three

South Dakota State v Shockers

There was a 45-minute weather delay in the game preceding this one (now tied in the fifth inning), so the Shock's game will not start on time. I guess I will go to the WBB game, though sometimes I wonder why.

Comment

I guess this is a new rule?

Comment

Won’t start today until 5 or after

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I guess this is a new rule?

I found a clarification note from the NCAA Softball Secretary Rules editor that was copyrighted 2017. It has been around awhile. I will poke around later - maybe -to see if I can find the original rationale.

Comment

From the Sam Houston State Twitter account, posted about 1 pm:

Due to Inclement Weather our Bearkat Classic Games for Today and Tomorrow have changed to the following:

TODAY:
                                Dayton vs SHSU at 1:30 pm
                                HBU vs Wichita State TBD

SUNDAY:
                                UTSA vs USD at 10:00 am
                                Wichita State vs USD at 12:15 pm
                                Wichita State vs SHSU at 2:30 pm

The Dayton-SHSU matchup is jumping the Shocker game versus Houston Baptist for Dayton-related transportation reasons it appears. This is the last game of the Classic for the Flyers.

For the curious, UTSA is playing at the Houston Invitational on Friday and Saturday and then is dropping by to play the Sunday game against South Dakota.
                                Last edited by flyingMoose; February 12, 2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X