AAC SB Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Six

This game is on ESPN2 with a 1 pm start time.

Bailey is in the circle for the Shockers, BaileyU continues in left field, and LoLo is the DP. White is the starter for UCF.

UCF strikes first with a two-run homer that just clears the fence in left-center. The Shocks are out on three popups. 2-0 after one.

Three quick groundouts in the UCF second. An infield single by Bailee is followed by an error on Ryleigh's groundball, but White ends the threat with two strikeouts. 2-0 after two.

UCF tallies another in the third on a double, sac bunt, and single. An error continues the threat, but UCF does not score again. BaileyU draws a walk, taking two close low pitches, and Addison brings her home with a screaming home run down the left-field line It got out of the park in a hurry. 3-2 UCF after three.

UCF cannot get the ball past Kaylee in the fourth. LoLo draws a two-out walk, but the blue takes the bat out of Kaylee's hands with a strike three that looked wide. Still UCF 3-2 after four.

Three up, three down for UCF in the fifth. Kaylee makes a DPOY play for the second out, making a throw back across her body to nip the runner at first.

In the bottom half, Sydney chops a ball through the hole into right field, Addison walks, and Butters hits the next pitch almost all the way across the street, and the Shocks take a 5-3 lead. Neleigh bloops a single to right, and Mancha is on in relief. After another out, Ryleigh drops another home run into the shrubbery just over the fence. 7-3 Shocks. Vasquez, with only 11.2 innings in conference play, is the next relief pitcher. LoLo knocks the ball by the second baseman, but there is no more damage. 7-3 Shockers after five complete.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 15, 2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Walked Barnard with a runner on first. No surprise there. Next batter hit a dinger - Shox up 5-3

Comment

In the sixth for UCF, Esparza hits her second homer of the game. When Sydney makes an error on the next batter, it is time for a huddle. After a force out (except for a Sydney bobble, probably a DP), a double off the fence in right continues the UCF rally. Bailey then induces a ground ball out to Ryleigh. On to the bottom of the sixth with a 7-4 Shocker lead.

Sydney gets a single up the middle, but the Shocks cannot move her. 7-4 Shockers after six.

Caitlin is on to pitch the seventh for the Shocks.

Two called strikeouts are followed by two infield singles and Esparza, she of two home runs, comes to the plate. A slow chopper to third, Ryleigh throws her out, and the Shockers are AAC Tournament Champions!! and earn the AQ spot.

UCF 4-7 Shockers
        Last edited by flyingMoose; May 15, 2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Really good to see Butters connect in the 5th. Both her and Neleigh squared up sharply hit grounders for the 2nd and 3rd outs of the 3rd inning but you could sense they Shocks were starting to figure Alea White out a little bit.

Ryleigh Buck, Bailey Lange, Madison Perrigan, Sydney McKinney and Addison Barnard were named to the All-Tournament Team, while Barnard took home Most Outstanding Player honors.

Ryleigh had some really nice defensive play at 3rd in today's championship game to go along with her 2 run home run which compared to the home runs by Barnyard and Butters was a pop fly. I do not know if it is possible to hit a ball harder than Addison did on the frozen rope she hit. That one left a vapor trail.

If they are going to talk about how Addison is country strong or farm girl strong then Barnyard seems like an appropriate nickname.

Comment

It’s a shame the regional sites were pre-determined because this team probably would have been in the conversation. They don’t deserve to be sent to OU, Oklahoma St, or Arkansas. Mizzou, Texas, or Louisiana are probably the best options.
            Last edited by shocks02; May 16, 2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Here is link for article predicting seeds. I believe we go to Mizzou.

Comment

Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                Here is link for article predicting seeds. I believe we go to Mizzou.
                I'm skeptical of anything that projection says given that it has OU as the #3 national seed when they have been the consensus #1 team in the nation all year long.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm skeptical too! That is why I say Mizzou at 10-12 seed. No way we are going to Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I'm skeptical of anything that projection says given that it has OU as the #3 national seed when they have been the consensus #1 team in the nation all year long.
                    Huh?

Comment

RPIs after games of yesterday

4 - Oklahoma
                      5 - Oklahoma State
                      7 - Arkansas
                      12 - Missouri

24 - Shockers
                      33 - UCF

66 - USF

Comment

D1 Softball projections! Has shocks going to Arkansas.

Selection Day for college softball is tomorrow and our Tara Henry and Graham Hays release the updated Field of 64 Projections as of May 15.

Comment

Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                          D1 Softball projections! Has shocks going to Arkansas.
                          A reasonable projection. Distances for a number of possible teams for the two sites will decide between Columbia and Fayetteville.

Comment

Going to Norman. Worst possible outcome.

Comment

At Oklahoma. Bummer, frankly.

Shockers are the #2 seed in this Regional with an RPI of 24. Their opponent is Texas A&M whose RPI is 40.

USF is in! At Gainesville against #4 Florida. [Incorrect statement deleted.]

Oklahoma State is #5. Mississippi State is the #2 with an RPI of 29.

Arkansas is #6. Stanford is the #2 in this Regional. Their RPI is 39.

Missouri is #8. Iowa State is the #2 in this Regional with an RPI is 35.

UCF is the #3 in the Regional of #10 Florida State.

I am a little ticked about the lack of respect in this Regional assignment. I hope the girls are too and stay that way. I think they earned better.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; May 16, 2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Reminiscent of our good Volleyball years getting sent to Nebraska or Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X