AAC SB Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC SB Tournament

The write-up from the AAC and from the Shocker site.

The Shocks are now #25/23 in the polls. UCF and USF are RV in both polls.

Comment

Game One

ECU 3-4 UCF

UCF put up a three-spot in the fourth to overcome a 2-1 deficit and held on for the win. White started for the Knights. ECU loaded the bases in the seventh with one out, but Mancha came on in relief to get two strikeouts.

Comment

Game Two

USF is going with Geogina Corrick in the 1st round against Memphis. The Memphis starting pitchers has a 5+ ERA and a 1.86 WHIP.

Scoreless through 3 innings but Memphis has scored in the top of the 4th. A one out single to center, a steal of 2nd and a single to left plated a run for Memphis. The batter who singled in the run took 2nd on the throw to the plate and then advanced to 3rd on an error by the USF catcher. A walk puts runners on the corner for Memphis with 1 out. Corrick gets a foul pop to the catcher an a bunt attempt and a strike out to escape further damage.

UCF takes advantage of a throwing error by the Memphis shortstop to score two unearned runs in the bottom of the 4th to take a 2-1 lead. I suspect that is all that Corrick will need. Memphis had their opportunity but that is probably the only one they will get.

The wheels have fallen off the bus for Memphis in the 5th. USF now up 6-1 and still batting. Game over.

Final: USF 10 - Memphis 2 (6 Innings)

The fighting Corricks move on to face UCF again the semi-finals..
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Game Three

Houston 2-8 Tulsa

Nursing a 2-1 lead, Tulsa exploded for five runs in the fifth inning including a three-run homer to advance to face the Shockers on Friday.

Comment

Game Four

Corrick and White are at again.

Two unearned runs for UCF in the first and a homer and an unearned run for USF in the second and third, respectively. 2-2 after three innings.

A homer in the fourth gives UCF a 3-2 lead which they maintain as the game heads to the sixth inning.

White went the first three innings for UCF, and Mancha came on to start the fourth. After a single and a walk to open the fourth, she has struck out six in a row.

Nobody even reaches second base for USF in the last three innings, and UCF advances to the championship game tomorrow.

UCF 3-2 USF
            Last edited by flyingMoose; May 14, 2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Game Five

In the circle are Bailey (Conference 2.83 and 1.09) for the Shockers and Kassidy Scott (2.50 and 1.29) for Tulsa. Scott is third on the innings-pitched list. Delce and Pochop have at least 50% more innings.

BaileyU is in left field, and LoLo is the DP.

Tulsa scores in the first on a hit batter, steal of second base, and an infield single. For the Shocks, Sydney reaches on an error, Addison has an infield single, and Neleigh walks to load the bases with one out. However, Bailee bangs into a third-to-home-to-first DP to end the threat. 1-0 Tulsa after one.

In the Shocker second, Ryleigh leads off with a single and Kaylee drives her home with a double. 1-1 after two.

Someone can pick this up. I am gone for perhaps the duration.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; May 14, 2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Shox chase the Tulsa pitcher in the third and are up 4-1 now!​

Comment

Lady Shox win 9-4. On to the championship game tomorrow against UCF on ESPN2.

Comment

Shocks win 9-4 but not before making it more interesting than it needed to be.

The big blow for the Shocks was a 2-out opposite field grand slam to left center by Lolo that gave the Shocks a 9-2 lead.

After giving up a single and a walk to open the 6th inning Erin McDonald was brought on in relief of BaileyL. Erin to put it mildly was not good. She walked the 1st batter she faced to load the bases with no outs. A sac fly to center scored a run wiith both runners moving up on a throwing error by Bailee Nickerson. She hit the next batter on the first pitch to reload the bases. A ground ball back to Erin scored a run as she went to 1st for the out making it 9-4. She walked the next batter to reload the based again but got the final out on a pop up that she caught.4

In the 7th inning she walked the 1st two batters she faced on 9 pitches and I guess HCKB had seen enough. Not sure why she waited as long as she did. Caitlyn Bingham came on and retired the next three batters to end the game.

Lolo was clearly the player of the game with 5 RBI in 2 two-out base hits both to the opposite field. The opposite field hits are a good sign for Lolo I think, Sydney was 2-4 with a run scored but that is just an average game for her. Addison was 3-3 plus a walk with 2 runs scored. So the table setters certainly did their jobs. Butters and Neliegh were no shows in this game going 0-7 with a walk. Bailee was 2-3 plus a walk with 2 runs scored and an RBI. Unfortunatley, her one out came when she hit into an inning ending double play in the 1st with the bases loaded. Kaylee Huecker was 2-4 with 2 RBI.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                      Lady Shox win 9-4. On to the championship game tomorrow against UCF on ESPN2.
                      Not sure there is all that much riding on this game. I think the two best teams in the AAC are in the game and both should make the NCAA Tournament regardless of the outcome of the game. Nor will the game impact the seeding significantly either.

I think right now UCF is the hotter team and have the advantage in the circle. Erin pretty pitched herself out of the post-season with her long short stint today. Caitlyn did come in and got the job done. I suspect Bailey witll get the start but hopefully the 3 batters Caitlyn faced and retired in the 7th in today's game will help her confidence. We need more than just Bailey in the NCAA Tournament.

Need better contriubtions from Butters and Neleigh in the middle of the lienup as well. Kudos today for the back end of the lineup picking up the slack in today's win.

BTW tomorrow's game is at 1:00 pm CDT.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Lolo clears the scoreboard in left center and earns a Hihi-Chew.

https://twitter.com/GoShockersSB/sta...64097211592707

The rise ball has given Lolo some problems this year and that was not a bad pitch but she got it all.

Comment

Are the odds in favor of us going to OU or Arkansas as in years past?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Are the odds in favor of us going to OU or Arkansas as in years past?
                            Probably. Here is a post by flyingMoose on the closest regional sites keeping in mind they have selected 20 possible sites for 16 regionals. OU and Arkansas are certainly going to survice the cut.

The list of twenty possible Regional sites has been released by the NCAA. Of course, only sixteen of those sites will actually be used. The sites closest to Wichita are Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. RPIs are: 4 - Oklahoma 6 - Arkansas 7 - Oklahoma State 13 - Missouri 28 - Shockers I think that even if

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Probably. Here is a post by flyingMoose on the closest regional sites keeping in mind they have selected 20 possible sites for 16 regionals. OU and Arkansas are certainly going to survice the cut.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...sb#post1298632
                              My theory is that the higher your RPI, the more respect you get. If the Shockers were the AQ and had an RPI of 60, Norman would be a distinct possibility. (They name the Regionals by the host city as I recall.) But since our RPI is 24 and we are conference regular-season champions and since we have played Oklahoma once and Oklahoma State three times and since Arkansas and Missouri are close enough, I think we will be sent to one of the latter.

Arkansas has an RPI of 7 and Missouri is at 12. Using the "respect theory," my guess is Columbia.

Comment

Working...
                              X