Creighton/Drake Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton/Drake Road Trip

Well the Lady Shocks try to shake the rust off a 2-week layoff by starting MVC play with a tough Friday-Sunday road swing to Creighton and Drake.

This should be a very stern test for the Lady Shocks.

In her Coach's show on Monday Jane was very upbeat and said she thought they had a good chance of pulling off a surprise in one of these games.

Of course, Jane is usually very positive in her outlook and besides she really has nothing to lose at this point, but to put it all on the line.

Let's play the games and see where we are.

:goshocks:

Well maybe we shouldn't play these games.

Creighton dominates the Shocks 83-47.

Thank goodness Kiki Stephens had a good game!

Not sure how you can put any positive spin on this outcome.

:cry:

Comment

Ouch? And Ouch again. That hurts, no matter how you look at it.

Comment

Unbeleivable :( glad KiKi came to play, sounded like Whitney played well. Better get it together before Sunday!

Comment

So much for are good defense. Creighton had 27 assist on 30 baskets.
          Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

They also out rebounded us by 52-39.

Comment

Is there a reason adjustments are not made early in game? 12-2 run calls for change in personnel?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Well maybe we shouldn't play these games.

Creighton dominates the Shocks 83-47.

Thank goodness Kiki Stephens had a good game!

Not sure how you can put any positive spin on this outcome.

:cry:
                Don't think there is a postive spin for this one.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by ballerfan
                  Is there a reason adjustments are not made early in game? 12-2 run calls for change in personnel?
                  It's called...Head Coach isn't doing a very good job and we all know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy
                    So much for are good defense. Creighton had 27 assist on 30 baskets.
                    That may be the highest assist to baskets ratio I can ever remember seeing or hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      They also out rebounded us by 52-39.
                      And Creighton certainly did not have a size advantage over the Shocks. The Shocks with, one or two exceptions, just were not ready to play.

Things are not going to be any easier Sunday against Drake.

Comment

and there, my friend...if a team coming off a 2 week break is 'not ready to play'. something is rotten in denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
                          and there, my friend...if a team coming off a 2 week break is 'not ready to play'. something is rotten in denmark.
                          On the contrary. Shaking off the rust of a long break isn't necessarily easy. I'm certainly not saying that it has anything to do with how bad the loss was, but if anything, the long layoff tends to hurt teams more than help them.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

having played the game LOOOOONG ago, i don't necessarily agree...and rust ,to me, does equate with ready to go...at least effort can be a constant...

Comment

Having played the game not that long ago I agree with TMH that a long layoff doesn't lead to good play.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X