No announcement yet.

Creighton/Drake Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, both teams seemed a little rusty early after both coming off of long layoffs.

A jumper by Kiki tied the score at 10-10 at the 11:40 mark of the first half, at which point Creighton began knocking down open shots and finished of the half with a 35-10 run to lead 45-20 at the half.

Drake stretched the lead to 39 at 71-32 with 10:35 remaining in the game, then coasted home from there.

I am not sure how to evaluate the Shockers effort. However, Creighton did not have any trouble finding open looks despite the Shocks having plenty of time to prepare for what the BlueJays do.

Comment

In her pre-game show, Jane very optimistic that the Shocks will show much better against Drake this afternoon. We will find out shortly.

Comment

Drake 36 - Shocks 23 at the half. Shocks helped by 1-8 three-point shooting by Drake, but hurt by 12 turnovers which is 1 more than they had the entire game against Creighton.

When Drake is patient with their offense they are getting very good shots against the Shocks. On the other hand, the Shocks are finding it tough going against the Drake defense.

Again, the positives for the Shocks a between very few and none.

Comment

I really hope this is Jane's last season. Im sorry but she has had plenty of opportunities to turn it around and she has done nothing but failed
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The big surpirse is 2-10 Missouri State leading Creighton 41-34 at the half.

Comment

Shane Dennis with the understatement of the year with Drake leading 57-30 with about 12:00 minutes to go:

"Shocks teetering on the brink of being blown out again!"

Comment

Drake emptying their bench with 4:00 minutes to go leading 75-41.

Comment

Pack your bags Jane!

Comment

Final Score: Drake 83 - Shocker 46.

:cry:

Unlike the Creighton game I can come up with a couple of positive spins on this game.

1. Shocks showing great consistency losing by 83-47 to Creighton and 83-46 to Drake. :whistle:

2. Shocks biggest deficit against Creighton was 40. Against Drake the biggest deficit was only 39. So some progress there. :whistle:

3. The Creighton - Drake road swing is behind us. :whistle:

4. Shocks shot better vs Drake (off-course did not get a lot of shots off with 28 turnovers). :whistle:

:( :cry: :whistle: :-x :shock: :roll: :wacko: :rant: :x

Comment

Shocks with 3 assists and 28 turnovers. Ouch! :(

Comment

That just doesn't work. I like Jane, but these types of games are unacceptable. Losing is one thing. Not having a chance is something completely different.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

While Jane's teams have struggled overall, they have really struggled big time to win away from home. Her record on road/nuetral court games is now 7-54.

Comment

i've said it MAAAAANY times before....hello, mr.jim littell!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Final Score: Drake 83 - Shocker 46.

:cry:

Unlike the Creighton game I can come up with a couple of positive spins on this game.

1. Shocks showing great consistency losing by 83-47 to Creighton and 83-46 to Drake. :whistle:

2. Shocks biggest deficit against Creighton was 40. Against Drake the biggest deficit was only 39. So some progress there. :whistle:

3. The Creighton - Drake road swing is behind us. :whistle:

4. Shocks shot better vs Drake (off-course did not get a lot of shots off with 28 turnovers). :whistle:

:( :cry: :whistle: :-x :shock: :roll: :wacko: :rant: :x
                              Very funny, but yet at the same time, it isn't.

Comment

Creighton came back to defeat Missouri State 79-73 in overtime.

Missouri State seemed to be the one MVC program in greater disarray than our Lady Shockers and where maybe we could pick up a couple of wins. Now, I'm not so sure.

I suppose our best chances for a few wins are still against Missouri State, Bradley and UNI.

However, after this weekend's performances there are no sure wins, if any, left on the schedule.

Also it's not like we are a young team. We have 4 Seniors and 4 Juniors that all have a decent amount of playing time behind them.

Comment

Working...
                                X