Shocks (#5) vs Creighton (#4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Haleigh finishes the game with 19 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers, and 6 steals.

She didn't shoot all that efficiently (7-17), but otherwise, what a game!

Biggest stat of the game:

WSU FT Shooting: 15-15
    CU FT Shooting: 12-18
    Another key stat Shockers with 11 turnovers to 21 for Creighton.

HCJA really shortened her bench in this game with 6 players garnering 186 of the 200 available minutes. Heather, Alicia and Morgan shared the remaining 14 minutes.

Morgan only played 2 minutes. That is a little surprising. We will see how the legs hold up.

Comment

We looked a lot better, especially at the start of the game. Creighton was playing lackadaisical on offense giving us a lot of fast break chances. They stepped it up to start the second half but the girls came back and finished them off.

1. Their mascot sucked.

2. I was wearing my "Hatin' on Creigton" shirt after the game and their cheer/dance team had someone who said to me, "Good, we hate you, too." Not that my shirt is classy, but I would say the spoken word definitely took away from any class that Creighton may have had.

3. I'm glad we won today, now onto UNI tomorrow.
      Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        I was thinking about them not fouling WSU late, with only an 8 second difference in the shot clock, and down 3. I know we were 15-15 from the line, but wow. They lived dangerously....fortunately we burned them.
        Apparently someone in the post-game news conference had he same question.

Jim Flanery on not fouling at the end of the game-
        “The fact that I didn’t have a timeout left was probably the most influential part of that decision. I wanted to trap first and when you come out of the trap, you can’t dictate who’s going to take the foul without having a timeout.”

Comment

Indiana State with a surprising 80-51 blowout over #2 seed Illinois State.

That kind of loss might knock Illinois State out of a WNIT bid.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu
            We looked a lot better, especially at the start of the game. Creighton was playing lackadaisical on offense giving us a lot of fast break chances. They stepped it up to start the second half but the girls came back and finished them off.

1. Their mascot sucked.

2. I was wearing my "Hatin' on Creigton" shirt after the game and their cheer/dance team had someone who said to me, "Good, we hate you, too." Not that my shirt is classy, but I would say the spoken word definitely took away from any class that Creighton may have had.

3. I'm glad we won today, now onto UNI tomorrow.
            Go Shox!

Wu representn'!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

And my limb keeps getting shorter and shorter (Referring to topic "going out on a limb). The Shox have what it takes to know off UNI. The key is not second shots for UNI. The Shox must be relentless on the boards. Send all five to the defensive boards; don't assume you teammate will get the ball all five must go after it. If the Shox don't pull it off, any thoughts on a WNIT berth or am I in left field?

Comment

Excuse the typo. Not wearing my old man glasses. I meant "Knock" off UNI.

Comment

If we can knock of UNI then we should set our sights a notch higher than the WNIT.

A victory over UNI would give the WNIT committee something to think about. Not sure our overall body of work would support an invite, but if we get to the Tournament Championship game and lose we would have won 7 of our last 8.

Getting to our 1st ever NCAA Tournament and playing in Wichita to boot would give the program a big lift, although we will probably be one and done if we do make the Big Dance.

Prior to our home game with Missouri State on February 17th we were looking like a long shot to be playing in anykind of post-season Tournament. At this point I think we are a lock to play somewhere.

If we make the NCAA or CBI we probably get a home game. Not so sure that will happen with the WNIT.

Comment

Working...
                  X