Shocks (#5) vs Creighton (#4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks (#5) vs Creighton (#4)

The Shocks take on the Creighton Bluejays at 2:35 this afternoon in the quarterfinals of the MVC Tournament.

Shocks split with Creighton this season including a 48-50 OT loss in Omaha and a 9-point win in Wichita.

Creighton has 3 very solid seniors in Kelsey Woodard (MVC 1st Team), Kellie Nelson and Sam Schuett (MVC 2nd Team & All-Defensive Team) and 2 very good freshman in Carli Tritz (MVC FOY/MVC Honorable Mention) and Sarah Nelson (MVC All-Freshman Team). However, they are not a real deep team.

Based on post-season award Creighton's starting 5 would seem to be superior to the Shocks starting 5, but forunately the games aren't played on paper. The Shocks should not be intimidated in any way based on their previous 2 games with the Bluejays. Plus I think the Shocks depth may be a little better than Creightons.

Game can be viewed online for free at:

:goshocks:

Wow. After watching for 4 short minutes, this is an ENTIRELY different team than I've seen earlier in the year.

These ladies get after folks.

6-5 Shocks, shooting 2 after the media timeout.

Comment

It's now 14-8.

At this pace, Creighton has absolutely NO chance. If all you watched was this game, you'd think someone was nuts that told you Creighton has won 11 of the last 12.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        It's now 14-8.

At this pace, Creighton has absolutely NO chance. If all you watched was this game, you'd think someone was nuts that told you Creighton has won 11 of the last 12.
        CU hasn't won 11 of 12. In fact, the lost 3 straight games to end the season (starting with the loss to us in Wichita).

As to the point about this WSU team being very different from early in the season, you are dead on. Ever since the Drake road win, they have been playing at a different level.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I meant 11 out of 12 against WSU. They don't look like a team that's put the wood to us for most of the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            I meant 11 out of 12 against WSU. They don't look like a team that's put the wood to us for most of the last decade.
            Gotcha. What is worse, it that most of those losses haven't been competitive. This year we not only won at home, but should have won in Omaha.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is that TheRealWu? :yahoo:

Shocks up 6, under 4 timeout.

Creighton brought their Nebraska overall group to the game.

Hooray, I'm for the other team.

Comment

Haleigh is currently on pace for a triple double with 8 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 steals so far in the first half.

Comment

Shocks force 14 turnovers in the first half, controlled the boards, and frankly were just the superior team.

3 point shooting keeps the Jays close.

26-20 WSU at half.

Comment

Nice little meltdown to start the 2nd half. Let's see if the Shocks can adjust and re-assert themselves.

One team was prepared for the 2nd half, the other seemingly read my posts.

Comment

wow anybody see those creighton fans who were all were female, weighed 300+ and had a beer.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The officiating is poor to say the least. That last call wasn't anywhere near a travel. Ugly yes....foul on CU? Perhaps. Traveling, no.

Not sure WSU has taken a shot this half. BJays lead 27-26.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                          wow anybody see those creighton fans who were all were female, weighed 300+ and had a beer.

Thankfully, I missed it. However, I did see where Hutch Trinity's alumni class of '79 called and wanted their cheerleading uniforms back.

Comment

Tied at 30, under 16 timeout.

Comment

That's a charge folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X