i have a feeling....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a feeling....

...that the NEXT shocker coach will be watching the current staff tomorrow night...mr.jim littell....

IF there is to be a "next" Shocker coach next year, then that person is going to have a much better view of the game than Mr. Littell.

Comment

I don't see how Jim can make a case for Jane after this year. It's not over yet but you can see the writing on the wall how this team is going to fare in the MVC.

She should have been canned after last year

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
        I don't see how Jim can make a case for Jane after this year. It's not over yet but you can see the writing on the wall how this team is going to fare in the MVC.

I still think the jury is out on how this team will fare in the MVC this year. Primarily because I'm not convinced MVC Women's basketball is very strong this year, not because the Shocks are that much stronger than a year ago.

The league is currently 32-34 in non-conference play. Bradley is bad. Southern Illinois apparently misses Carlai Moore and Jamie Sweere a lot and is only 1-5. Missouri State is 0-6, so the change in Coaching there has not had a positive impact yet.

Illinois State, Indiana State, Creighton and Drake would appear to be the cream of the MVC crop.

UNI is doing better than I thought they would. But I see them and Evansville as middle of the pack teams.

Shocks picked 9th preseason, but I think, barring injuries, they might finish as high as 6th or 7th. My expectation would be 7th at this point.

Would that be enough to save Jane? Hard to say. Many of us thought that last year's performance was going to trigger a change. The difference is that last year expectations were high and this year expectations are very low.

One thing that is evident though is the interest in and following of the team does seem to be dwindling, despite a fairly significant marketing push by the AD. This may be the determining factor.

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23

It might be just a tad early to write the year off. You post would make perfect sense at the end of a bad season with no significant progress. (And you may very well have the chance to make that post!). But I don't see anyway to argue that a case cannot be made for a season that has not yet been played. If you are saying that only winning the Valley can save Jane's job then yes, the Shockers are not going to win the Valley. But, What if they finish third and the freshman class that has looked solid so far plays a big role in the success? Is there no case then?

I understand the frustration with the team's performances over the last few years but I am perfectly willing to let this season play out before saying that firing is absolutely the best answer. We are going to get beat tonight by a very good OSU team but then we will enter a stretch where we can develop the team against solid but not great competition before entering Valley play. ISU and Drake are very good but the rest of the Valley is up for grabs, IMO. I would take a 3rd-5th place finish as evidence that the team had exceeded expectations and was heading in the right direction. It wouldn't earn Jane a free pass but it would earn her another year in my estimation. And I suspect JS is likely to agree.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I've been somewhat critical of Jane in the past, after the season has ended, and I am reserving judgement until March. Keep the faith.

Go Shocks!!!!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

if by better view, you mean a current assistant, then we will be no better off....

Comment

Scoreboard me! 85-39 :cry:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We should have never fired Darryl Smith, he semi turned the womens program around and now its back where it was before
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The program has hit an all-time low. To get beat this bad with a veteran team is really a bad joke. We start two SR., two Jr., and a 20yr old fr. We have two SR. coming off the bench, along with Rice, a Jr. I don't see it getting any better. Why are we settling for seventh or eighth like its something to hang are hat on, then giving her anotheir yr? What Smith had done in 5yrs with no new arena to draw recruits was amazing compared to this.

Comment

i'm not a linker, but go to the osu girls basketball page and click on jim littell, and check his record...you think we could not have a GREAT team here????what they have done at osu in less than 3 seasons is amazing....and he's a big part of it....

Comment

OSU Coach

Molly, what makes you think that Jim Littell could be hired away from OSU to come to WSU? I checked his bio on the OSU web site & it is indeed outstanding with stops at Friends U and Seward County CC in KS along the way.

Comment

good question...and here are my reasons:
                          1.littell has never had a d-i head coaching position...gotta start somewhere
                          2.he is a kansan...
                          3.he can win BIG here...
                          4.he has kansas/big 12 connections
                          5.schaus probably wants to make a splash...

call me crytal ball molly...i see it happenin'... :goshocks:

Comment

I'll give you points 1, 2 and 4. But 3 and 5 are purely speculative and at this point, impossible to support with facts.

Comment

I still think whats his name that was brought in will probably replace Jane if it comes to that.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X