No announcement yet.

i have a feeling....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a combination that the talent is not as good as some think and the Coaching is not getting the most out of the talent we have.

I think this year's defensive changes have helped and are more in tune with the talent level we have.

Offensively, I don't think we are particularly talented nor am I convinced the system we are running allows us to utilize what talent we do have to the fullest. However, I don't claim to be an expert on this either so I could be way off base.

Comment

This info is only provided because debates seem more credible when information is accurate. Rice has stress fractures in both legs not shin splints; most likely a side effect from the medication she took her soph year to treat the endo which is known to cause loss of bone mass density thus resulting in stress fractures.

A relevant question at this point might be why this program continues to play these women hurt rather than allowing them to heal? Very quick to throw out the injury reasons on Daria, Kiki and Whitney but why isn't anyone asking why they didn't redshirt and heal. The season last year would have been the same disaster if they had not been in the line-up. But, look at Drake who did opt to redshirt top players. Their supporting cast came on toward the end of the season. Now they have much more to build on. Just a view to ponder. Imagine throwing out last year and having Daria a soph this year, Kiki a junior and Rice redshirting this year (don't see Rice redshirting last year as it is obvious no one realized in time what the problem was but if she had it might have eliminated the development of stress fractures). Most likely, Marcy and Kyrie would have seen more PT in Daria and Kiki's places and gained even more experience last year which couldn't be construed as negative for this year. Could it be because women's bball is the bottom of the barrel at WSU that they are medically treated like they are or is it Jane's insistence that women play injured (and yes, I said injured not hurt - I know athletes can play hurt)? It also logically answers the why the talent is underperforming question.

Just food for thought and perhaps fodder for a new debate as the "should Jane stay" does get old and tired since the season has started and it is a moot point for now.

Comment

Originally posted by wsubballfan
        This info is only provided because debates seem more credible when information is accurate. Rice has stress fractures in both legs not shin splints; most likely a side effect from the medication she took her soph year to treat the endo which is known to cause loss of bone mass density thus resulting in stress fractures.

A relevant question at this point might be why this program continues to play these women hurt rather than allowing them to heal? Very quick to throw out the injury reasons on Daria, Kiki and Whitney but why isn't anyone asking why they didn't redshirt and heal. The season last year would have been the same disaster if they had not been in the line-up. But, look at Drake who did opt to redshirt top players. Their supporting cast came on toward the end of the season. Now they have much more to build on. Just a view to ponder. Imagine throwing out last year and having Daria a soph this year, Kiki a junior and Rice redshirting this year (don't see Rice redshirting last year as it is obvious no one realized in time what the problem was but if she had it might have eliminated the development of stress fractures). Most likely, Marcy and Kyrie would have seen more PT in Daria and Kiki's places and gained even more experience last year which couldn't be construed as negative for this year. Could it be because women's bball is the bottom of the barrel at WSU that they are medically treated like they are or is it Jane's insistence that women play injured (and yes, I said injured not hurt - I know athletes can play hurt)? It also logically answers the why the talent is underperforming question.

Just food for thought and perhaps fodder for a new debate as the "should Jane stay" does get old and tired since the season has started and it is a moot point for now.
        I think this post is way out of line. It's one thing to be frustrated with a coach's win/lost record and speculate about whether they should be fired. Speculating that a coach may be unconcerned about their players and willing to risk their future health is absolutely unacceptable unless you have hard evidence to back it up. You are bascially accusing Jane of moral and professional failure at a very high level. If you have evidence take it to Jim Schaus, if you are just "guessing" that Jane might be a terrible person, than stop it. Shockernet has tended to have very high standards about this sort of thing and I hope that we hold to that line.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

More excuses, more ifs ands and buts. Time to tell it like it is..Were not very good and any false hope was started at the top, by the coach. She talked about how much better they would be and that we would see a whole new Kikki. I think most of the Sr. players are playing for themselves because they know as the season goes on the losses will keep piling up. Everyone was excited about various players coming into the program to help turn things around, but in truth we haven't brought in any impact players, and most of the players Jane got haven't played up to Janes hype.

Comment

Originally posted by ictshockolate
            More excuses, more ifs ands and buts. Time to tell it like it is..Were not very good and any false hope was started at the top, by the coach. She talked about how much better they would be and that we would see a whole new Kikki. I think most of the Sr. players are playing for themselves because they know as the season goes on the losses will keep piling up. Everyone was excited about various players coming into the program to help turn things around, but in truth we haven't brought in any impact players, and most of the players Jane got haven't played up to Janes hype.
            Well, let's see. Jane took the unusual coaching technique of not giving up her players and telling players and fans that we were going to be awful and we should concede the season. (I will grant you that she--and every other head coach in America-- did emphasize the positives over the negatives. Point taken although not sure about the outrage over this). Kiki does look a lot more like her Fr./So. self than she does like last year's injured Kiki. The freshman class has been pretty good and Samantha Smith looks to be more than advertised.

Now, what I just did is assert some things that you may or may not agree with. You made some assertions that others may or may not agree with. If you would like to answer an argument, you might want to go up and respond to TMH's earlier posts in this thread on a point by point basis.
            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
            X