Best Western Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dregn
    Katie on the left side is a nice suprise. Solves the 4 players for 3 positions problem. On the other hand kind of sucks to have played a true freshman there if she isn't gonna get the playing time for the rest of the year.
    I think EA will get some playing time; I'm not sure AB will be "full time." Amanda is a great jumper and can serve well when "on." To me, her problem is a combination of awareness and "volleyball smarts." For example, remember the OU serve that was going out; everybody (but Amanda) got out of the way while Amanda let the ball hit her (point OU). Sometimes her shots are poorly placed or way long. She just doesn't seem like she plays "smart volleyball." With enough errors, I can see Chris pulling Amanda and putting Adney in a set.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
      Katie on the left side is a nice suprise. Solves the 4 players for 3 positions problem. On the other hand kind of sucks to have played a true freshman there if she isn't gonna get the playing time for the rest of the year.
      I was thinking about that also. However, with both Emily S and Katie graduating we need to get both Amanda and Katie A. as much match experience as possible as they will be key players next year. I would think we will still see EA whenever and wherever Lambo can work her in.

Comment

A sidebar about OU's Coach.

From the OU media guide:
        Restrepo's youngest son, Javier Santiago, passed away from leukemia in July 2009 at the age of four.

Lambo mentioned this in the Match Club Chalk Talk and you could tell that he was more than a little upset about his colleague's loss and maybe not to wild about having to go out and beat him. He said that Coach Restrepo was still quite distraught over this great personal loss.

My condolences and prayers to Coach Restrepo and his family.

Very sad. :(

Comment

Working...
        X