Speaking of VB attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of VB attendance

#16 Hutch CC had a "fill the arena" night and drew 1350 to their match with #12 Seward Co.

Hutch won in a sweep. Here's an article, with photo gallery link.

Page not found - thank you for your patience during the website redesign

Senior night should be "pack the Chuck" night at WSU.

Can't think of a better send off for Sara and Abby.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Maybe we should call Fill Up Chuck Night! :D

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Or "Two-Buck Chuck" nite. :yahoo: (Wine drinkers should get the reference)

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
          Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Or "Two-Buck Chuck" nite. :yahoo: (Wine drinkers should get the reference)
          If we lose to CU on Friday, we'll find lots of whine. ;-) :lol:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Creighton is having unprecedented success this season, thanks to a senior class that bought in early and support from the premier volleyball program in the state.

The Bluejays are 7-0 in the Missouri Valley Conference heading into this weekend's matches. But Creighton will need to be at its best when two teams tied for second place -- Wichita Sate and Missouri State -- invade the Civic Auditorium.
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3057183
              The Bluejays are 7-0 in the Missouri Valley Conference heading into this weekend's matches. But Creighton will need to be at its best when two teams tied for second place -- Wichita Sate and Missouri State -- invade the Civic Auditorium.
              Our schedule this weekend is a beeatch! Frankly, I'll be happy to go one for two.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3057183
                Our schedule this weekend is a beeatch! Frankly, I'll be happy to go one for two.
                If CU decides to lose on Friday and win on Saturday, I will not complain. :good: :lol:

Comment

Can we sell out Koch for MSU match on Fri, Nov 02 and/or the CU match on Sat, Nov 10? This would be great!!! It might get us on ESPN!!

Comment

http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...ead=1192105741
                    Can we sell out Koch for MSU match on Fri, Nov 02 and/or the CU match on Sat, Nov 10? This would be great!!! It might get us on ESPN!!
                    I would say the chances of a sell out are between none and none.

I was going to say between slim and none, but I don't think the chances are that good.

Kudos to Nebraska fans though. They have been responsible for quite a few big time Volleyball crowds.

Comment

Shocks hanging in at #9 in attendance, although we should pass Creighton at some point in the relatively near future.

I will be at the Indiana State match (and pre-game meal) Friday. However, I will be out of town Saturday for what should be a good match with Illinois State.

It really pains me to miss it, but sometimes family obligations take precedence.

I will make sure my 4 tickets get put to good use.

I'll have to leave it to the rest of you to Cheer the Shocks on to Victory vs the Redbirds.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I don't recall last week's numbers, but it looks to me like we'll have a chance to overtake Stanford for 8th (only 1 behind) and have a decent margin (150) over Texas.

With a great turnout vs. MSU and 2000-ish for the other games, I like our chances to finish 7th. Of course, we need a little cooperation from CU, Stanford, Texas and aTm.

Comment

It's nice to see the attendance figures way up there.

Comment

After looking at those numbers a goal of being in the top 5 in regards to attendance is something that will very attainable and a realistic goal here in a few years. Although attendance is not officially a part of making the tourney, it can't help but open the eyes up a little of the selection committee.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
                              After looking at those numbers a goal of being in the top 5 in regards to attendance is something that will very attainable and a realistic goal here in a few years. Although attendance is not officially a part of making the tourney, it can't help but open the eyes up a little of the selection committee.
                              I agree Shockerman. The only question I have is why do we need to wait a few more years. The Shocks have been putting an excellent product on the floor now for the past 4-5 years. If it isn't happening after going 116 -30 over the past 4+ years I'm not sure when it will happen. Maybe the girls need to win a National Championship to get big time support. 0.795 winning percentage over such a time peried is not too shabby. 10 of those 30 losses occurred in 2003, the last time we had double digit losses.

Also, where is the student support? Still searching.

Comment

Working...
                              X