No announcement yet.

Speaking of VB attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

students do need to show some more support. The product they put on the floor is very exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Originally posted by Shockerman
      After looking at those numbers a goal of being in the top 5 in regards to attendance is something that will very attainable and a realistic goal here in a few years. Although attendance is not officially a part of making the tourney, it can't help but open the eyes up a little of the selection committee.
      I agree Shockerman. The only question I have is why do we need to wait a few more years. The Shocks have been putting an excellent product on the floor now for the past 4-5 years. If it isn't happening after going 116 -30 over the past 4+ years I'm not sure when it will happen. Maybe the girls need to win a National Championship to get big time support. 0.795 winning percentage over such a time peried is not too shabby. 10 of those 30 losses occurred in 2003, the last time we had double digit losses.

Also, where is the student support? Still searching.
      I have just now started to come around to Shocker Volleyball and will be attending my first match the night they play Mo-State. Tradition just takes time. Just imagine what an NCAA appearance would do for this traditon, what about a NCAA win! We are heading there, keep up the faith 1972, you are leading the charge.

Comment

Already had both an NCAA apperance and win in 2004. No one seemed to notice to much.

Comment

2004 is when I really started to take notice. That season launched the boost in attendance I think began in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
            Already had both an NCAA apperance and win in 2004. No one seemed to notice to much.
            I noticed and also really noticed when they got stiffed by the NCAA selection committee in 2005 as a ranked team. That's when I got more committed to supporting the VB team by attending matches.

Comment

The VB team received way more pub and notice as a result of the NCAA snub than they did from their win of Nevada in the NCAA's.

IIRC, in 2004 the Shocks were the #3 seed in the Lincoln, Nebraska regional and Nevada was the #2 seed. Shocks swept that match 16, 24 and 20, then lost to powerhouse Nebraska on their home floor in 3 straight 22, 20 and 21. All in all, a very good showing for our inaugural appearance in the NCAA's.

We all know we probably should have had at least one and probably two more invites to the NCAA tournament since then. That would have been helpful. Their is not doubt in my mind that the top half of the MVC is much better than the NCAA Selection Committee realizes or wants to admit.

As far as our attendance goes however, the lack of student support remains a big mystery to me. I just don't undertand that. Do WSU students only like to have fun during basketball season?

Comment

I have just now started to come around to Shocker Volleyball and will be attending my first match the night they play Mo-State.
                Shockerman you have picked a great first match to attend. Generally, the Shocks and the Bears are very evenly matched and in recent history the majority of the matches have gone 5 games. I think you will enjoy yourself very much. This will probably be a very key match in determining this year's MVC Champ.

Either way, give us your impressions after the match. Would like to know what you think of the product the Shocks are putting on the floor.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I have just now started to come around to Shocker Volleyball and will be attending my first match the night they play Mo-State.

If you are fortunate you will get the pleasure of watching the All Conference, impressive in many ways, Bear setter, Katelyn Panzau. ;-)

On top of that, it will be a dynamite match. I promise, you will be stunned at the level of athleticism and competition.

Comment

Panzau played the entire match against Creighton last Saturday, so barring re-injury, she should be pretty much full strength when the Bears visit the Shockers on November 2nd. Katelyn is a senior (thank goodness) so unless you are going to the MVC Tournament, this will be your last chance to see one of the best, if not the best, players in the MVC.

Of course, the Shockers also have an outstanding All-Conference setter in Abby Harsh and both teams have an array of very good attackers. The edge for the Shockers, if there is one, might be our littles, Kelly Broussard and Melissa Granville. I think both the Shocks and the Bears will be well represented on this year's All-Conference team.

Remember Shocker fans that this is $1 admission night with perhaps our most consistently competitive rival in MVC volleyball over the past several years. Hard to beat for your entertainment dollar. I would encourage everyone who has not been to a VB match to take this opportunity to see the Lady Shocks in action. I can't guarantee a win, but I can pretty mutch guarantee you will enjoy the match.

And yes, I am once again calling out the so-called Shocker Maniacs - Where Are You? It would be wonderful to have a wild and crazy student section at the VB Matches. Hope they have the Pep Band at that match also.

There is no reason we can't set a new attendance record on November 2nd.

Comment

Panzau played the entire match against Creighton last Saturday, so barring re-injury, she should be pretty much full strength when the Bears visit the Shockers on November 2nd. Katelyn is a senior (thank goodness) so unless you are going to the MVC Tournament, this will be your last chance to see one of the best, if not the best, players in the MVC.

Of course, the Shockers also have an outstanding All-Conference setter in Abby Harsh and both teams have an array of very good attackers. The edge for the Shockers, if there is one, might be our littles, Kelly Broussard and Melissa Granville. I think both the Shocks and the Bears will be well represented on this year's All-Conference team.

Remember Shocker fans that this is $1 admission night with perhaps our most consistently competitive rival in MVC volleyball over the past several years. Hard to beat for your entertainment dollar. I would encourage everyone who has not been to a VB match to take this opportunity to see the Lady Shocks in action. I can't guarantee a win, but I can pretty mutch guarantee you will enjoy the match.

And yes, I am once again calling out the so-called Shocker Maniacs - Where Are You? It would be wonderful to have a wild and crazy student section at the VB Matches. Hope they have the Pep Band at that match also.

There is no reason we can't set a new attendance record on November 2nd.

Agree to all, '72, but you conveniently missed my point, and probably rightfully so. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Agree to all, '72, but you conveniently missed my point, and probably rightfully so. :good:
                        I got it, but at my age, I actually go to the VB matches to watch the VB, although there are those minor side benefits from time to time. It won't be that long and I'll have a grandson in College (hopefully). I'm sure he'll worry about those side benefits enough for both of us.

But I realize what sells in America and if that's what it takes to attract more fans and young male students to the matches than so be it.

And I agree, Katelyn is a striking young lady, as well as a terrific setter. (And I don't mean striking in the VB sense).

:D

Comment

I got it, but at my age, I actually go to the VB matches to watch the VB, although there are those minor side benefits from time to time. It won't be that long and I'll have a grandson in College (hopefully).
                          Wow!! My oldest (and only) grandson is only 5.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            I got it, but at my age, I actually go to the VB matches to watch the VB, although there are those minor side benefits from time to time. It won't be that long and I'll have a grandson in College (hopefully).
                            My oldest grandson is 13. I was a young grandfather and its a long story.

I have 3 other grandsons ranging from 6 months to 3 years old.

But when you've been called Grandpa for 13 years, you start to realize that you're not getting any younger.

Comment

My oldest grandson is 13. I was a young grandfather and its a long story.

I have 3 other grandsons ranging from 6 months to 3 years old.

But when you've been called Grandpa for 13 years, you start to realize that you're not getting any younger.
                              I'm 21 (and really good at being 21 - lots of experience!! ;-) )
                              What about you?
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'm 21 (and really good at being 21 - lots of experience!! ;-) )
                                What about you?
                                I'll be celebrating my second 29th Birthday next year.

Since you have a lot of experience you should have Good Judgement. They say that Good Judgement comes from experience.

Of course, experience comes from Bad Judgement.

I also have a lot of experience under my widening belt.

:D

Comment

Working...
                                X