No announcement yet.

Speaking of VB attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far this year, I have played soccer three times per week.

(Does this prove anything? Maybe ... but I'm not sure what it is. I guess the point is that I'm trying to keep the spare tire off (or, at least, under control). Oh, and that soccer is fun. Anyway you might try soccer once in a while. OK? ;-) :D ) :lol:

BTW: My agent is still waiting for that phone call from the Chiefs. :whistle: :lol: :lol:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Enough about me. :roll: What about five game matches? We lost to Hawaii in five games; a victory would have helped our poll and RPI standings. There is a thread on volleytalk where they discuss "Game Five Strategies?" http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...ead=1192723166 after noting: " Colorado lost another match last night in 5 games. They have lost all eight 5-game matches that they've been in this season and I feel badly for them since they've been so close. If they win half of those they would be having at least a .500 season." Is WSU prepared to win five game matches? Would five game matches in the NCAA tourney be a problem for Sara (knee? conditioning?), Abby (back) or Stephanie (feet-shin splints)? The opinions of people who played a lot of volleyball (e.g. 2-4 matches per week for a couple months) and dealt with physical problems would be very welcome!!!

PS I'm (hopefully) not the worst soccer player on our team but I'm close. :cry: Of course, most of the others (i) are 18-23, (i) played soccer at a reasonably high level for 20 years or (iii) came from south or central america, europe, etc. I'm still in my soccer development stage. :lol: :lol: Just like 1972. :yahoo:

PPS: Pablo Ranking for Week of Oct 15, 2007
      1 Nebraska 10000
      2 Stanford 9650
      15 San Diego 8405
      16 Wichita State 8370
      17 New Mexico State 8355
      46 Missouri State 7815
      53 Northern Iowa 7645
      54 Creighton 7620
      325 Savannah State 2225
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Shocks hanging in at #9 in attendance, although we should pass Creighton at some point in the relatively near future.

I will be at the Indiana State match (and pre-game meal) Friday. However, I will be out of town Saturday for what should be a good match with Illinois State.

It really pains me to miss it, but sometimes family obligations take precedence.

I will make sure my 4 tickets get put to good use.

I'll have to leave it to the rest of you to Cheer the Shocks on to Victory vs the Redbirds.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
        The Creighton drop happened sooner and farther than I expected. This week WSU #8 and Creighton dropped down to #12

Let's hope Nov 2 has a remarkable attendance.

Comment

I'm surprised that, with NU VB sold out, Creighton doesn't attract some NU fans who love VB. After all, there are no Division 1 football teams in Nebraska as far as I know. :whistle: :lol:

Creighton is averaging about 930 per game if you ignore the 13,081 who watched Cal Poly @ Creighton.

Comment

I want Creighton to play Caly Poly in a stand alone game in the Qwest center to see what the real Creighton attendance for that match was.

I expect the Shocks to draw 8,000 - 9,000 fans for its final three home matches. Drake probably won't be a great draw and those who can or elect to attned only one of the weekend matches will no doubt opt for the Senior Night Match with Creighton on Satuday November 10th.

If they draw these kind of numbers we will finish the season at around 2,330 to 2,400 in average attendance which should allow us to hold on to a Top 10 attendance ranking.

Now my push for exceeding these expectations:

I hope the AD is planning a big marketing push for the November 2nd Missouri State match which may very well determine this year's MVC regular season champ and perhaps secure an NCAA appearance for the winner. Look at the promotion they are doing for Rockin' The Roundhouse.

For Shocker fans this match is not just about whether or not you like Volleyball or Women's sports. It is about Championships and NCAA appearances. With tickets at $1 it has nothing to do with finances or economics. Just check under the seat cushions of your couch and easy chairs. A great opportunity to show the nation that Shokcer Fans are truly special.

For WSU students and so-called Shocker Maniacs, well I'm not sure what to say. From my own perspective, your lack of support of the Shocker VB program to this point has been very surprising and disappointing. Shocker Maniacs? Really! Here is a chance to prove it.

Comment

Does anyone know if the pep band is planning on playing at the Misouri State match? And if so, do they count towards the attendance count?

Comment

Sure would be nice to have them, irrespective of whether or not they are part of the attendance count.

They really add a lot to the atmosphere in Koch Arena.

:good:

Comment

Our attendance:
                  12 games, 30750 fans, 2562 average attendance
                  Good for 7th (between #6 Florida and #7 Texas) on the 10/29/07 stats.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    Our attendance:
                    Not too shabby. Says alot for the program and Lambo.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                      Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                      Our attendance:
                      Not too shabby. Says alot for the program and Lambo.
                      And the neat thing about it is that we are capable of doing so mcuh more if we could get all of Shocker Nation to jump aboard the bandwagon.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I talked to at least 20 people that couldn't wait to get back to another game.

They echoed what we have been saying for years.

Fun, great, so much more athletic than I thought...etc.etc.....

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

That was a match to draw people in, just hope they know they won't all be like that. I got one person who's ready for more.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                            That was a match to draw people in, just hope they know they won't all be like that. I got one person who's ready for more.
                            That same thought crossed my mind.

Last night was great, however, Shocker Fans need to keep in mind that we still have some work left to do this year.

Only 2 more chances to see the Shocks at home in the regular season.

Next Friday we take on Drake which is a match the Shockers should win. However, Drake is getting better and they have an outstanidng freshman in Angela Bys. The Shockers controlled her very well when the played in Des Moines, but she has but up big numbers including going off on MSU in their earlier match.

Saturday we play Creighton, currently in 3rd place and playing Evansville tonight. Creighton is vey tough. And again it is Senior Night for Abby Harsh and Sara Lungren. 2 more outstanding student-athletes it is not possible to have. I would encourage everyone to be there early in order to give Abby and Sara the send off they so richly deserve.

The follwing weekend we go on the road to take on UNI on Friday. UNI so far has been the only MVC team to hand the Shockers a loss so far this year. On Saturday we take on Bradley.

Then its on to the MVC Tournament in Springfield, MO the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving to determine the automatic qualifier for the NCAA Tournament. For those of you not familiar with MVC Volleyball. The top 6 regular season finishers qualify for the Tournament. The Top 2 seeds receive a bye into the semifianals on Friday night.

Hopefully, then it is on to the NCAA Tournament. The best way to get there would be to win the MVC Tournament, but this is going to be a very, very competitive Tournament this year.

The Shocks still have a very good shot at the NCAA as long as they finish the season strong, even if they don't win the Tournament.

IMHO, I think we are in if we win the rest of our regular season games, even if we lose in the MVC Tourney semi-final round.

If we lose one more game in the regular season, then we probably need to at least make it to the Tourney finals to have an at-large shot.

Last night was great, but we need to keep our focus on the big prize and pray that Sara Lungren's knee can hold up to the pounding.

For those of us who like to dream a little, if we run the table the rest of the way and win the MVC Tournament, maybe, just maybe we have a shot at hosting a 1st round NCAA 4-team regional. Now that would draw I lot of new fans in I would think.

Comment

Working...
                            X