54 Abby Harsh, Wichita St. Sr. 55 664 12.07

NCAA® Women's Volleyball
    Division I
    Digs Per Game
    Through Games 09/30/2007
    15 Kelly Broussard, Wichita St. Jr. 56 329 5.88

:goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

School Avg. Total #
      1. Hawai’i 6,420 70,621 11
      2. Nebraska 5,250 42,000 8
      3. Wisconsin 3,609 10,827 3
      4. Florida 3,228 16,142 5
      5. Creighton 2,940 17,637 6
      6. Minnesota 2,748 24,773 9
      7. Penn State 2,568 17,979 7
      8. Stanford 2,364 11,818 5
      9. Wichita State 2,348 21,134 9
      10. Purdue 2,123 10,615 5
      11. Texas 2,070 10,351 5
      12. Texas A&M 2,038 12,227 6
      13. Northern Iowa 1,994 13,955 7
      14. New Mexico State 1,976 13,835 7
      15. Illinois State 1,796 12,572 7

ADDED:
      31. Kansas State 854 5,979 7
      More people (6024) came to the KSU@WSU match than have attended home KSU VB matches (5,979) so far this year.
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
        Originally posted by WuDrWu
        That's what 372 consectutive football sellouts and the cash cow that comes from a handful of programs like that allow you to do.
        The natives up here are getting pretty restless. If the FB team doesn't learn how to play D, that sellout streak, along with the coaching jobs of the HC and certainly the DC, may be in jeopardy.

Your head coach is a borderline idiot. He has adapted to the college game a LITTLE bit from his first year or 2 but the success they are having is much more to do with the tradition of the Husker program than it is the skills of the head coach.

Fortunately for N fans, the return to the days of success is a short road in the B12N but I seriously doubt that Coach C has the tools to take them there for any sustained amount of time.

Since he is the AD's boy, I would guess their jobs are, rightfully so, connected at the hip.

Comment

Back on topic, there are about 100 things I would want to do in the athletic department before we break ground on a new arena.

One of those things would have to be to sign Lambo to a binding, enforceable, lifetime contract.

Comment

[A little known fact about UN-L volleyball - they have so many sell outs because the tix are ridiculously inexpensive for a program that spends SO much money. Even after winning national championships, the VB program hemorraghes cash]

Well first off, 90% of volleyball programs couldn't sell out their arena if tickets were absolutely free.

And looking at the NU volleyball page tickets don't look that cheap to me! $10 general admission for a single game.

I complain because tickets are $4 a game here at Arkansas. (hey...it adds up. lol)

Comment

That's what 372 consectutive football sellouts and the cash cow that comes from a handful of programs like that allow you to do.
              The natives up here are getting pretty restless. If the FB team doesn't learn how to play D, that sellout streak, along with the coaching jobs of the HC and certainly the DC, may be in jeopardy.

Your head coach is a borderline idiot. He has adapted to the college game a LITTLE bit from his first year or 2 but the success they are having is much more to do with the tradition of the Husker program than it is the skills of the head coach.

Fortunately for N fans, the return to the days of success is a short road in the B12N but I seriously doubt that Coach C has the tools to take them there for any sustained amount of time.

Since he is the AD's boy, I would guess their jobs are, rightfully so, connected at the hip.
              Sorry to take this back off topic, but I have to make one more comment. You called Callahan "your" coach. He's not mine, nor is he the coach of a school that I support . :D

Comment

That land that was spoken of is used for track and fireld isn't it? Where would they have the hammer, discus, and javelin throwing if they built a building there?

Comment

Sorry to take this back off topic, but I have to make one more comment. You called Callahan "your" coach. He's not mine, nor is he the coach of a school that I support . :D

I guess you didn't get the memo DJA. You're from N, you support N football.... He is your coach, sorry.

Comment

Don't be mislead about the NU volleyball facility. It is located in an old fieldhouse (NU Colesium) that outlived its usefulness and was carved-up to be used for other things. The volleyball venue is the end-zone and not quite half of the side stands. It is very cool and vert intimate for 5,000 or so volleyball fans, but it is NOT a facility built (from the ground-up) for volleyball.

Tickets are not cheap and NU students have a difficult time getting tickets for home volleyball matches, which they don't like. There are too many seats reserved for season ticket holders and NU boosters.

The NU Colesium is an intimidating place. You go in the building and there are tons of trophies and such for volleyball. The court is surrounded by dozens of Big 8 and Big 12, NCAA regional, NCAA Final Four, and NCAA Championship banners. The fans sit right at courtside on the end-lines and it gets LOUD!!

Some creative configuration in Koch Arena could improve the atmosphere. Pull the VB court closer to the stands and use temporary bleachers on the opposite side.

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I happened to watch Florida State vs Georgia Tech last night while listening to the Shocks and was surprised to see them play in the basketball practice gym......They just brought in temporary metal bleachers...............

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I would like to see WSU purchase a volleyball only floor. I know that can be done, as we had the Kansas Coliseum floor in Levitt the last few years before renovation. The hitch might be if that would damage the current floor and its "springy" properties.

I saw some VB match on TV, can't remember who, but they were in what was obviously their basketball arena (a gazillion empty seats), but had a VB only floor down over the regular floor. Looked very nice.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                          I would like to see WSU purchase a volleyball only floor. I know that can be done, as we had the Kansas Coliseum floor in Levitt the last few years before renovation. The hitch might be if that would damage the current floor and its "springy" properties.

I saw some VB match on TV, can't remember who, but they were in what was obviously their basketball arena (a gazillion empty seats), but had a VB only floor down over the regular floor. Looked very nice.
                          I've wondered about that also, but have never seen it before. I assume most VB programs simply don't have the budget for that kind of expenditure plus the cost of installing, removing and storing.

Also, you have the possibility, although it doesn't occur a lot, of holding VB and Basketball on the same dates in November which might make installing and removing the floor in a timely fashion an issue.

An interesting thought nonetheless.

Comment

Perhaps inspired by this thread ( :D ) Creighton has announced that it is building a separate arena for volleyball/WBB. While the arena had been rumored for quite a while, the announcement was nevertheless a bit of a surprise. Normally the Jaybackers know about this sort of thing way in advance because we are hit up for money, but this time the financing was secured without approaching us.

Hopefully this new arena will provide us with a better home court advantage then the cavernous Civic Auditorium. I feel we've got a good find in our coach and hope that CU VB can start to regularly attract crowds like you guys get.

Comment

DoubleJayAlum: CU has a higher average attendance than WSU at this time. I don't understand your comment "hope that CU VB can start to regularly attract crowds like you guys get."

Comment

Come of Spangler. We all know that we draw better than CU. I believe we've looked at the numbers and without the NU game they're less then stellar.

Unless I'm thinking of some other team and am just too tired to recall properly....
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X