No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Indiana State & Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the deadline for making reservations for the bus trip to Springfield is November 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by PointShockers
      I believe the deadline for making reservations for the bus trip to Springfield is November 14.
      That's correct, I was able to confirm your info in the announcement of the trip on goShockers.com

On Fri., Nov. 21, the Shocker volleyball team heads to Springfield, Mo., to take on the Missouri State Bears for their last regular-season match of the year. This is a great chance to support your Shockers on the road!

The only caveat would be if they sell all seats prior to that date, although not sure what the chances of that happening are.

Comment

• Quote from the Bloomington-Normal Newspaper write-up:

“We had nothing to lose. We came out swinging hard,” said Redbird sophomore Mallory Leggett. “It (set two) was hard. Any close loss is very hard. It kills your emotions. It was different the next two games.”
        A couple of things. Shows just how big pulling that 2nd Set out of the fire was.

Also, the initial comment shows the attitude these MVC teams are bringing to the matches vs the Shockers. Nothing to lose, let it fly and swing as hard as you can. You could see that attitude in the Drake match and it sounded like Indiana State also played that way.

No doubt SIU and E-ville will bring that same attitude to Koch Arena next weekend.

Comment

• Looking bad in some sets against bad teams. This conference is not preparing this team very well for the post season. The lady Shox will get ran come tourney time. Yeah I said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
            Looking bad in some sets against bad teams. This conference is not preparing this team very well for the post season. The lady Shox will get ran come tourney time. Yeah I said it.
            Go tell that to Chris Lamb, Sarah McGee, etc. and see if they agree. :lol:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Originally posted by KC Shox
              Looking bad in some sets against bad teams. This conference is not preparing this team very well for the post season. The lady Shox will get ran come tourney time. Yeah I said it.
              You just wanta see KC Shox get stomped by a girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz
                Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Originally posted by KC Shox
                You just wanta see KC Shox get stomped by a girl.
                I'd actually might like that. :D Anyway, this has been eluded to in prior posts in this volleyball forum, and I agree with those who mentioned it.

Comment

• I had never been to a volleyball game until one of its members called thanking me for my membership in SASO. Her name was Jackie Brown and said she was a member of the volleyball squad. I know they get the student athletes to call members and thank them but she souded so genuine that I told myself I would support them by attending one match the following year. That was the year that HLA was being renovated and the matches were at the Heskett Center. I went to a match and was impressed with their athleticism and Sara Y. Jackie Brown did not play due to an injury and later became a pole vaulter for the Shox. The folllowing year I went to several home matches and the year after that a season ticket holder and have been since. In this instance I became a fan of the sport in a strange and round about way but I believe the sport will continue to grow albeit slowly. Oh forgot to mention there were probaly about 36 others there to watch them at the Heskett Center. Go Shox!

Comment

• The recorded attendence back in the Heskett days was still usually 350-500 people. I think they counted all the students in the gym playing pick up basketball, ;). That's actually how I ended up attending my first match. Went up on a friday night to shoot hoops and there happened to be a game. I watched that one game and haven't missed much more then a dozen home games since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo
                      I had never been to a volleyball game until one of its members called thanking me for my membership in SASO. Her name was Jackie Brown and said she was a member of the volleyball squad. I know they get the student athletes to call members and thank them but she souded so genuine that I told myself I would support them by attending one match the following year. That was the year that HLA was being renovated and the matches were at the Heskett Center. I went to a match and was impressed with their athleticism and Sara Y. Jackie Brown did not play due to an injury and later became a pole vaulter for the Shox. The folllowing year I went to several home matches and the year after that a season ticket holder and have been since. In this instance I became a fan of the sport in a strange and round about way but I believe the sport will continue to grow albeit slowly. Oh forgot to mention there were probaly about 36 others there to watch them at the Heskett Center. Go Shox!
                      Pogo, that team was a fun team to watch over their years at WSU not to mention they were very easy on the eyes. Jackie Brown, Sara Younes, Elizabeth Meyer, need I say more??????

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771
                        Pogo, that team was a fun team to watch over their years at WSU not to mention they were very easy on the eyes. Jackie Brown, Sara Younes, Elizabeth Meyer, need I say more??????

Actually, yes, you do need to say more. I don't think any discussion of eye-easiness can take place without mentioning Darci Vohs. Admittedly, she is no Sarah McGee, but then again who is?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Sara's jump serve was one of the most athletic I have ever seen, the way she would literally jack knife her body serving. It hurt my back just watching. Go Shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Originally posted by shocks771

Actually, yes, you do need to say more. I don't think any discussion of eye-easiness can take place without mentioning Darci Vohs. Admittedly, she is no Sarah McGee, but then again who is?

Good call on Darci. Those were the days. Not that it is bad now, especially with McGee, but the level of hotness on the floor back on that team might not ever be matched again.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771
                              Those were the days. Not that it is bad now, especially with McGee, but the level of hotness on the floor back on that team might not ever be matched again.
                              Take note folks as this is one of the 10 best posts of all time on Shockernet.

Comment

Working...
                              X