• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dregn
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    I'll be able to sleep tonight now!!!
    I don't know if I will sleep well or not, but at least I am breathing much easier.
    Isn't this fun? It's come along way since watching games with maybe 300 other people upstairs at the heskett...
    I can't blame the players if they may be a little tight. It's a good thing they are not gripping like I am. Yeah, it is fun.

Don't forget to make your reservations for the bus trip for the season finale vs Missouri State in Springfield.

Comment

Is the MSU game on Friday or Saturday? If on Saturday I may convince myself to make the trek to Springfield.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's a Friday night which is to bad or i'd go with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Is the MSU game on Friday or Saturday? If on Saturday I may convince myself to make the trek to Springfield.
          Unfortunately it is a Friday which could make it tough for a lot of fans. On the other hand, I have more than my share of vacation time I need to use or lose, so I will be taking the day off. The bus will leave at noon.

Comment

24-0 (13-0) not too mention 34 straight MVC road wins.

:clap: :good: :yahoo:

Comment

The Evansville win over UNI was their first win ever against the Panthers in 31 trys.

Indiana State lost to MSU tonight but the Bears had to rally from a 2-1 deficit to win in 5.

Could it be the MVC is getting deeper as a VB conference. It seems like maybe they are.

Comment

Shockers have a 3 game lead with 5 to play. The magic number is now 3. :yahoo: :posterwu: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Excellent job ladies.

And nice call on all the gloom Doc! :good:

:posterwu: :clap:

Btw.. how many WSU fans were in attendance tonight?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Total attendance tonight was 2,230 fans on the Free Admission Pack the Arena Promotion.

Doesn't compare to the support Shocker fans would have shown given the same promotion.

Comment

Box score says 2,230 fans at the match. Nice crowd.
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Total attendance tonight was 2,230 fans on the Free Admission Pack the Arena Promotion.

Doesn't compare to the support Shocker fans would have shown given the same promotion.
                        Exactly my point. People support this volleyball team VERY well. I just think a person or two out there needs to realize this and be thankful for what we've got.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Exactly my point. People support this volleyball team VERY well. I just think a person or two out there needs to realize this and be thankful for what we've got.
                          I agree with you to an extent, but I also don't understand how out of 8000 people willing to shell out $400 a year on basketball tickets can't find another $70 to support the nationally 10th ranked Volleyball team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

I think everyone is pretty happy with the support the Shocks recieve. On the other hand, some fans believe we can do even better.

Maybe we can, maybe we can't, but I really don't see anything wrong with setting your expectations and goals as high as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                              I agree with you to an extent, but I also don't understand how out of 8000 people willing to shell out $400 a year on basketball tickets can't find another $70 to support the nationally 10th ranked Volleyball team.
                              It's not comparable.

Unfortunately, it's a fact that the sport of volleyball =/= the sport of basketball. It's just a way of life... whether we have an 0-24 team or a 24-0 team (although the 24-0 team helps out a touch).

How come of the 8000 basketball season ticket holders, only about 2-3000 shell out to support a perennial national baseball powerhouse, which has even more history than the volleyball team, and even a little bit more hardware, aka a national championship?....

...Because it's a fact that college basketball interest > college baseball interest. Those are just how things are. In a relative sense, we VERY much go beyond our duty to support this team (hence the Top 8 rank in attendance). You just have to think of it like that. I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, because I really love this team and I can get into this sport at times, and I wish a few more could show up at games... but please just try to be realistic with this and be satisfied for what we've got, instead of moping about something that's really unrealistic. No need to waste your time moping around with this kind of season going on.

End rant.

:posterwsu:
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think everyone is pretty happy with the support the Shocks recieve. On the other hand, some fans believe we can do even better.

Maybe we can, maybe we can't, but I really don't see anything wrong with setting your expectations and goals as high as possible.
                                There's nothing wrong with having lofty expectations. That's fine. And as most fans are, realism may be put on the back-burner.. which again as fans, is fine.

But to come on here and begrudge and nitpick and whine about something that just isn't gonna happen is a little irritating.

Must we always pick something wrong with the program.. even with a No.10 ranked team, with a 24-0 record, and a Top 8 attendance rank.. Must we still not be satisfied??

I guess it's just human nature. I'm just tryin' ta keep it real and in perspective.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X