Shocks vs Indiana State & Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Indiana State & Illinois State

The target on the Shockers back continues to get bigger and bigger with each win. Now ranked #10 in the AVCA polls and with Nebraska losing the Shocks and Penn State are the only remaining undefeated teams in the country.

We have Indiana State on Friday and Illinois State on Saturday.

Bradley picked up its 1st MVC win of the year last weekend against Indiana State. The Shockers should sweep INS and they will if they play hard and stay focused.

ILS will pesent a much more difficult challenge. The Redbirds gave UNI all they could handle last weekend losing a very tough five-setter on the road in Cedar Falls by sores of 21-25, 19-25, 27-25, 25-20, 13-15.

Expect a very large crowd for the ILS match as they are running a Pack the Arena free admission promotion:

Free admission coupons for the event can be picked up at any of the following locations in Bloomington-Normal.: Alamo II Bookstore, Arby's, Hanson's Dry Cleaners, McDonald's, Papa John's Radio Bloomington, Taco Bell. In addition, fans can also pick up "Pack the Arena" coupons at any of this weekend's slate of Redbird Athletics events, which include Friday night's volleyball match versus Missouri State and Saturday afternoon's football game against Youngstown State.
    As I said, the target on the backs of the Shocks continues to grow.

Good Luck, Ladies! Play hard, play smart, play focused.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

I think it may be an advantage for the Shocks to get Indiana State on Friday and Illinois State on Saturday this trip.

Hopefully, Missouri State will be able to rough up the Redbirds a little bit Friday night. I will be pulling for a long, tough 5-set match.

Also Illinois State has two tough teams to prepare for while the Shocks can probably focus more of their preparation time on the Redbirds.

Comment

Just curious what the mandatory minimal amount of Shocker fans that needs to be in attendance for each of these two games?

And yes I'm fully aware they're both road games.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Just curious what the mandatory minimal amount of Shocker fans that needs to be in attendance for each of these two games?

And yes I'm fully aware they're both road games.

Correction: 21. I forgot about Mike Kennedy.

Comment

Re: Shocks vs Indiana State & Illinois State

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          The target on the Shockers back continues to get bigger and bigger with each win. Now ranked #10 in the AVCA polls and with Nebraska losing the Shocks and Penn State are the only remaining undefeated teams in the country.

We have Indiana State on Friday and Illinois State on Saturday.

Bradley picked up its 1st MVC win of the year last weekend against Indiana State. The Shockers should sweep INS and they will if they play hard and stay focused.

ILS will pesent a much more difficult challenge. The Redbirds gave UNI all they could handle last weekend losing a very tough five-setter on the road in Cedar Falls by sores of 21-25, 19-25, 27-25, 25-20, 13-15.

Expect a very large crowd for the ILS match as they are running a Pack the Arena free admission promotion:

Free admission coupons for the event can be picked up at any of the following locations in Bloomington-Normal.: Alamo II Bookstore, Arby's, Hanson's Dry Cleaners, McDonald's, Papa John's Radio Bloomington, Taco Bell. In addition, fans can also pick up "Pack the Arena" coupons at any of this weekend's slate of Redbird Athletics events, which include Friday night's volleyball match versus Missouri State and Saturday afternoon's football game against Youngstown State.
          As I said, the target on the backs of the Shocks continues to grow.

Good Luck, Ladies! Play hard, play smart, play focused.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:
          They're running a free admission deal for both of their matches this weekend? Or just against MSU?

Comment

ILS is just doing it against WSU
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Shocks vs Indiana State & Illinois State

Originally posted by rrshock
              They're running a free admission deal for both of their matches this weekend? Or just against MSU?
              The free admission deal is for the WSU match only. However, if you attend the MSU match on Friday you can pick up a coupon for free admission to the WSU match. Or you can get your free admission coupon at the football game on Saturday or at the various retailers listed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                I think it may be an advantage for the Shocks to get Indiana State on Friday and Illinois State on Saturday this trip.

Hopefully, Missouri State will be able to rough up the Redbirds a little bit Friday night. I will be pulling for a long, tough 5-set match.

Also Illinois State has two tough teams to prepare for while the Shocks can probably focus more of their preparation time on the Redbirds.
                That's what Valley coaches have been complaining about in pairing two good teams together for the back to back matches.

Comment

Maybe those Valley coaches just need to improve their programs to keep up with the others
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I hope to heck I am wrong, but this weekend just screams "trap" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Maybe those Valley coaches just need to improve their programs to keep up with the others
                      Or they could move their University to Hutchinson, Joplin or someplace closer than Springfield! :D

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        I hope to heck I am wrong, but this weekend just screams "trap" to me.
                        I'm not sure I think it is so much of a trap because of what happened at Drake last weekend. I think we will be ready to play.

But Illinois State has some talented players and is capable of beatiing us even if they have our full attention and focus. Especially with a large home crowd behind them. WSU is used to large crowds, but not ones that are supporting the opponent. From that standpoint, maybe it is a little bit of a trap.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd ILS can draw with their free admission promotion and see how the Shockers handle the crowd.

Comment

I do think Indiana State is much better than they have been over the last several years.

They did knock off Illinois State at home two weeks ago in 4 sets by scores of 24-26, 25-20, 26-24 and 30-28.

This is the match that could be the trap match if the Shocks look past the Sycamores. Hopefully, their performance against Drake last Saturday will keep that from happening.

:goshocks:

Comment

Just a reminder. The Indiana State match starts at 6:00 PM.

Pre-game show to start shortly.

:goshocks:

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'd been meaning to ask since ISU seems to always be different.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X