Clear All

Come on gals...seal the deal

Comment

Service ace give the Shocks the W

Comment

Awesome

Comment

BAM! Huge comeback!

I was literally up half the night with my wife not feeling well. She is now situated. I started following towards the end of the 4th and caught the entire fifth set. Now that it's FINALLY over, I'm getting some sleep. 😴😴😴
          78-65

Comment

Tabitha has been good every match so far, but was crazy good today. 21 kills, 18 digs, and the game winning ace.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Wow, how about that? Awesome comeback.

I didn't get to listen to the last two sets but it seemed like Brooke Smith really helped change the match.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Set 5

Mikaela gets only her third and fourth kills of the match early in the set.

The teams switch ends at 7-8. No two-point leads yet.

At 8-10, Lambo takes a timeout.

Hitting errors helping the Shocks. 10-11.

Mikaela is blocked and it is 11-13. Lambo takes his last timeout.

After Giorgia keeps the point alive with two great digs, a Marquette hitting error brings the score to 13-13 and brings a Marquette timeout.
                Appreciate the commentary Moose.

Comment

What an amazing comeback. Outhit for the match and still found a way to win. Great win and toughness. Epic.

Comment

Pretty solid Marquette team and 6'5" sophomore Allie Barber is a beast. Golden Eagles beat Hawaii in Hawaii before dropping a tough 4 set match to #13 UCLA, a match they should have taken to 5 imho (led 18-12 & 22-18 in the 4th), then were swept by an outstanding San Diego team ranked 17.

Comment

Really nice win for the Lady Shocks. I was totally out-of-pocket this morning from 8:00 to 11:00 win no way to track progress of the match. So thanks for the comments and set recaps.

I turned the match on at around 11:00 and the Shocks had just called timeout at 11-13 in the 5th set. I saw that the Shocks had lost the first two sets but rallied to win sets 3 and 4 after which88 both teams had scored 88 points each. My initial thought was that an 2 point deficit with 2 to go would be very difficult to overcome. The Shocks overcame.

I did get to hear the post-game show as well. Sounds like the two big take aways from this match may be the Brooke Smith redshirt removal and the Shocker's toughness to battle back after get lit up in Set 2 and going down 0-2 in the match.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Pretty solid Marquette team and 6'5" sophomore Allie Barber is a beast.
                        The 6'6" Jenna Rosenthal is a reasonable facsimile of a Volleyball player for Marquette as well.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the Shocks can maintain the momentum for this tough, perhaps emotional, win over Marquette this afternoon against what appears to be a pretty decent Miami (OH) team. Of course, I would much rather be coming off an tough, emotional win than a tough, emotional loss.

Miami playing IUPUI right now and will have to turn around and play the Shocks at 4:00 pm CT.

Currently the match IUPUI won the 1st set 25-22 and Miami has evened the match winning the 2nd set 25-20.

Set 3 goes to Miami 25-16 (2-1)

Set 4 goes to IUPUI 25-16 (2-2) forcing Miami to play 5 sets as well before taking on the Shocks.

Barnburner 5th Set5 goes to into the 20's. Miami prevails 21-19 (3-2).
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 2, 2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            Tabitha has been good every match so far, but was crazy good today. 21 kills, 18 digs, and the game winning ace.
                            Apparently the coaching staff has been working on Tabitha's positioning on her serve which they said she balked at a bit at first but she served pretty well against IUPUI yesterday. But ending the match with a service ace today may really give Tabitha confidence in the new approach. And you're right. Tabitha has easily been our most consistent hitter so far this season. You could kind of see that coming with her strong finish at the end of last year.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 2, 2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Brief match report from Marquette's web site.

Marquette's twin towers, Alie Barber (26 kills) and Jenna Rosenthal (20 kills) both set new career highs in kills vs the Shocks today. These two also combined for 2 Block Solos and 13 Block Assists.

Match report from GoShockers.com

Emily Hiebert was just 1 kill shy of a triple double in the Marquette match. She had 9 kills, 44 assists and 15 digs plus 3 block assists.

Tabitha Brown set a new career high with 21 kills and Giogia Civita set a career high with 29 digs.

The blocking which seemed to be heavily in favor of Marquette early ended up reasonable close with the Golden Eagles holding a 14 to 12 advantage.

"It's a turning point game," head coach Chris Lamb said. "We decided to go with Brooke Smith in the third set. That child gets better every day in practice. She is sneaky efficient and just scores. I'm super proud of Emily (Hiebert). We had to play different to come back and win. In the fifth, we out hit them and that's the match."
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 2, 2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                "We decided to go with Brooke Smith in the third set. That child gets better every day in practice. She is sneaky efficient and just scores. I'm super proud of Emily (Hiebert). We had to play different to come back and win. In the fifth, we out hit them and that's the match."
                                In part of the post-game, Lambo described Sean Carter going "crazy" (I don't recall the exact term) about needing to put Brooke in. When she was told she was starting the third set, she just smiled.

Comment

Working...
                                X