Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man from UNCLE View Post
    I see a trend set 3 should be Shockers 25-15
    Never tempt the Volleyball Gods. Shocks trail 7-12 in Set 3.

Comment

Shocks claw back to even it up at 13-all. ETSU takes a timeout.

Comment

Shocks grind out a 25 - 21 3rd set win to finish off their 2nd sweep of the day.

Nice work Shocks.

Emily Hiebert's line: 32 assist, 14 digs, 4 service aces, 3 blocks assists a 5-1-6 attack line and a partridge in a pear tree.

Lambo: 6 sets and 6 different lineups. Emily Hiebert is the best player in the Tournament. Really likes the ETSU libero. Don't forget that Giorgia is a freshman and looks fantastic (22 digs to lead the Shocks).
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 26, 2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Interesting on the playing back-to-back matches today. Initially the Shockers were setup to play single matches on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but that was setup when they were still in the Valley. The joined the AAC and have 20 play dates in that conference and you can only have 28 plays dates so WSU said they would have to compress their play to 2 days. Therefore, they ended up playing two matches back-to-back today.

Comment

Hopefully, ETSU will be able to squeeze into the top 100 of the RPI again this year. They have losses to the Shocks and Arizona plus the loss to Lipscomb should not be a bad loss. They still have some decent matches left on their non-con schedule as well. vs Virginia, at Appalachian State who took Missouri State to 5 sets, at Western Kentucky, vs Pittsburgh, and at Virginia Tech.

Both ETSU and Lipscomb play Western Kentucky. Not a household name but Western Kentucky was 30-3 last year with an RPI of around 15.

Comment

Lambo also made some comments about the middles. Some of it was mildly technical, so I won't pretend to understand it all. They are still trying to work Abbie into her new role - the new middles are all getting their first real experience - partially because of that (and how quick they are to the ball), we play slower with them - the skill set of certain middles complement certain outsides better as they are "paired" and move across the front row in their rotation.

I think that is the best I can un-confuse it.

Comment

For the curious, the Lipscomb-Arizona match is on ESPN3 at 730pm.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Lambo also made some comments about the middles. Some of it was mildly technical, so I won't pretend to understand it all. They are still trying to work Abbie into her new role - the new middles are all getting their first real experience - partially because of that (and how quick they are to the ball), we play slower with them - the skill set of certain middles complement certain outsides better as they are "paired" and move across the front row in their rotation.

I think that is the best I can un-confuse it.
                  I think you did pretty well. I didn't want to attempt an unconfusion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    For the curious, the Lipscomb-Arizona match is on ESPN3 at 730pm.
                    Lipscomb off to a good start jumping out to a 7-3 lead in Set 1. I assume this a Lipsomb announcer team. They are very good from what little I have heard so far.

Go Bisons Go!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I assume this a Lipsomb announcer team. They are very good from what little I have heard so far.
                      In touting Lipscomb's Nusbaum, they cited her stats against ETSU. Somehow they did not have time to get around to her stats against the Shockers.

Comment

• Set 1

Lipscomb, 25-13.

Arizona HC Dave Rubio had already used his second timeout at 6-11, apparently not liking what he was seeing. He was clearly right.

Set 2

Lipscomb, 31-29.

Since this is a televised match, three challenges are available to the coaches during the entire match. If the coach is right, they do not keep the challenge - three is all you get. Each coach had a call reversed in this set.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; August 26, 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Lipscomb picks up a tight set 2, 31-29.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Set 3

Arizona wins 25-20 to trail 1-2 in sets

The Wildcats jumped out to a big lead and held on.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              Set 3

Arizona wins 25-20 to trail 1-2 in sets

The Wildcats jumped out to a big lead and held on.
                              Really wish we could have seen the Shocks today, because from what I'm watching, and @flyingMoose: please give your opinion, Lipscomb is the real deal.

Comment

• Down goes Zona. But more importantly for the Shocks up goes Lipscomb.

A very nice win over the Bisons by the Shocks just got nicer.

Comment

Working...
                                X