• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Announcement is tomorrow.
    On ESPNU at 8pm CT.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcdn View Post
      Thanks. I am new to this. LOL
      See you in line next summer for season tickets.

Comment

Based on who could potentially host, I would guess we will be in either Lawrence, Lincoln, or Fort Collins (Colorado State). Anyone else see anything different?

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu View Post
          Based on who could potentially host, I would guess we will be in either Lawrence, Lincoln, or Fort Collins (Colorado State). Anyone else see anything different?
          Pretty sure if you eliminate Fort Collins and Lincoln, it will be between the remaining locations.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Pretty sure if you eliminate Fort Collins and Lincoln, it will be between the remaining locations.
            That was my thought. It seems to be a pretty common place for the girls since OU has slid a little.

Comment

Jody is the MVP of the tournament. She is joined by Emily and Shimen from the Shockers.

Valley Release

Comment

Did anyone hear the post-match comments from Lambo? I heard the very end where he registered his displeasure that the Valley even had a tournament, but nothing before that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  And this is the problem with women's collegiate competition. They are so afraid of bad attendance numbers that neutral sites and fairness are pushed to the background. Even Gino Auriemma agrees with me on this. Step it up ladies, this home court crap needs to end.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu View Post
                    A major goal of the committee after determining the sixteen national seeds is to minimize travel costs to the NCAA. A team greater than 400 miles from the host site is allowed to fly. Fort Collins (even should Colorado State get a seed, which is very unlikely) is 570 miles away. We will not be sent there. (The NCAA has their own mileage calculator which I do not know how to access, so that mileage is courtesy of Google.) Lawrence, Lincoln and Columbia are the primary possibilities. Missouri is borderline for being a host.

Comment

That was quite a gutty effort by the Lady Shocks. At times they played great and at other times they got a little sloppy an d gave away some points. OTOH, MSU pretty much overpowered them at times and played very well themselves. I think this tournament win says a lot about how gritty this Shocker team is especially since they did not have a whole lot to gain or lose in this match. Saw a lot of pride, leadership and team chemistry driving this team tonight. Thought they might have blown it at the end but showed some real toughness to put it away after the momentum had totally swung back to MSU.

Fairly decent contingent of Shocker fans in attendance and I thought we did a good job of supporting the Shocks. The MSU fans were into the match pretty good as well. it was a good, intense atmoshphere and I can tell you the MSU team seemed like they really wanted this one.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        Did anyone hear the post-match comments from Lambo? I heard the very end where he registered his displeasure that the Valley even had a tournament, but nothing before that.
                        Only because Lamb's teams have a history of underperforming at the conference tournament.

I'm fairly sure that the tournament has allowed an MVc team to "steal" a bid (a team getting the AQ that wouldn't have gotten an at-large) more often than it has prevented an MVC team from making it in if there hadn't been a tournament.

also, the official NCAA mileage from Wichita State to Colorado State is 574 miles

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                          Only because Lamb's teams have a history of underperforming at the conference tournament.

I'm fairly sure that the tournament has allowed an MVc team to "steal" a bid (a team getting the AQ that wouldn't have gotten an at-large) more often than it has prevented an MVC team from making it in if there hadn't been a tournament.

also, the official NCAA mileage from Wichita State to Colorado State is 574 miles
                          Since I cited Google, I should have provided the 573 miles that it actually calculates rather than my rounded number. But is the NCAA Mileage Calculator available somewhere?

I think the issue with the tournament is that an AQ may knock out a "more deserving" Valley team that otherwise would have received an at-large bid. At least the Valley is normally a more-than-one-bid conference so the regular season conference leader has some protection.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                            I think the issue with the tournament is that an AQ may knock out a "more deserving" Valley team that otherwise would have received an at-large bid. At least the Valley is normally a more-than-one-bid conference so the regular season conference leader has some protection.
                            I can't think of any instances of that happening in recent seasons.

ncaa mileage table: https://web1.ncaa.org/TES/exec/miles

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                              I can't think of any instances of that happening in recent seasons.

ncaa mileage table: https://web1.ncaa.org/TES/exec/miles
                              I think that Lamb's view is still understandably colored by going 18-0 in conference and 27-2 overall in the regular season, and being left out of the NCAA tournament after losing in the finals of the MVC tournament in 2005. I think he is also not thrilled with the way hosting has been distributed, including UNI getting back to back hosting when in theory it was our year to host and UNI and MSU getting to host 5 out of the last 6 years.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                I think that Lamb's view is still understandably colored by going 18-0 in conference and 27-2 overall in the regular season, and being left out of the NCAA tournament after losing in the finals of the MVC tournament in 2005. I think he is also not thrilled with the way hosting has been distributed, including UNI getting back to back hosting when in theory it was our year to host and UNI and MSU getting to host 5 out of the last 6 years.
                                Great points.

I hope JayJ decides to become a Shocker fan the next week as he will be absent of a team to cheer for during that time.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X