• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting to win it on a block!

Comment

DOMINATING 5th set 15-7

Great job ladies!!!!!

Comment

Lambo being Lambo commenting on Grady and how this win diminishes none of what happened.

Love this program.

Comment

Talk about finding another gear. :applause:

Comment

Commented on how it affected them....my words, may have led to slow to start.

34-17 errors for UNI. That's the difference right there. Although while the 3rd set seemed that way, I really thought the girls controlled the play in 4 and 5.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Lambo being Lambo commenting ...
              He noted that there was, shall we say, an animated discussion among the coaches at the break about what course to take. They took the right course.

Comment

Missouri State pretty much handling the Salukis so far.

25-22 in set 1 and leading 12-6 in the 2nd.....of course, this is pretty much like the first match.

Comment

Bears took the 2nd set 25-19 and lead 14-7 in the 3rd. Looks like the Shocks will have to win a road match if they want another MVC title.

Comment

The Bears complete the win (22, 19, 20 - only the first set was really ever in doubt) and meet the Shockers tomorrow for the Tournament Championship and the auto-bid to the NCAAs. I continue to think that the Shockers, Bears and Salukis will all qualify for the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

I am visiting relatives in Bentonville, Arkansas. With the Shocks in tomorrow's final and with the weather in Wichia so crappy I think our group of 5 will head over to Springfield tomorrow to support the Shocks and then head home to Wichita on Sunday when the weather may inch above freezing.

I think the Lady Shocks have locked in an NCAA berth at this point but might as well eliminate any and all doubt about that with a win over the Bears tomorrow. That would also help take the sting out of a tough week for the Shocks and the Shocker faithful.

Comment

Awesome comeback win for the ladies. Hell of a match.

They've swept the Bares in Springfield before. Might as well do it again.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                          I continue to think that the Shockers, Bears and Salukis will all qualify for the NCAA Tournament.
                          With one day remaining, the RPI Futures now has: current .. team .. (W/L today)

32 Shockers (31/34)
                          34 Missouri State (32/36)
                          40 Southern Illinois
                          47 Northern Iowa

You may notice Northern Iowa with a noticeable bump in their projected RPI. The RPI Futures posted earlier in the week did "not update[d] conference tournament schedules - so earlier this week [RPI was] understated for many teams that played in conference tournaments. I also believe that the margin of error is higher among teams around the 40-55 area." Thus, Northern Iowa still may be in the conversation, but I suspect that is a pretty big "may."
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; November 28, 2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: expand explanation

Comment

A decent start to set 1. Tied at 14.

Comment

A little hard to believe how well that set was played. 26-24 MSU. Bears hit .462 WSU .400

Bears had 21 kills and 3 blocks on 26 points. That's pretty clean.

Comment

Our blockers aren't getting their hands on enough hits, especially on the right side, and even more so when it comes off the hand of Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                X