No announcement yet.

Shockers vs Jayhawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In his post game comments as reported on the local news tonight Lambo said this team has been up and down and that he thinks he has seen 3 teams. One that seems disinterested at times, one the has been banged up and the one the showed up in Lawrence. He said it's great to be playing good at this time of the year and that when this team is in their playing well mode they are a very good volleyball team.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 4, 2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• 'Sup fellas?

Comment

• Wichita Eagle match report: http://www.kansas.com/2012/12/01/258...all-beats.html

Lawrence Journal-World match report: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/de...econd-/?sports
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 2, 2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          'Sup fellas?
          Careful, Doc, that **** eatin' grin will become permanent if you are not careful. I can tell that mine is showing signs of doing that.

Comment

• It was all I could do to walk out of AFH. I would have stayed all night watching those kids smile. Ashley Andrade's Dad flew in last night to surprise her. Then she plays arguably the 2 best matches of her life.

vs Arkansas 23 kills (only 1 error) 5 blocks and an insane .564 hitting %
            vs Kansas 18 kills 9 block assist and another crazy .438 hitting %

I assume she was named regional MVP.

I've never seen a human being more happy than Jackie Church. EVER.

I could go on and on....and I probably will.

Congrats to a fantastic group of young ladies and their coaches and staff. If ever someone deserved it, you did.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Careful, Doc, that **** eatin' grin will become permanent if you are not careful. I can tell that mine is showing signs of doing that.
              I have to say, a younger Doc would have sprinted to the KU band and instructed them on the precise way to properly stow their serving cheers.

I had this odd feeling I was being challenged to be the fan I am when we play every other team. Could I bench my hatred for the most annoying fan base in the history of mankind? The answer is yes, even though it was painfully difficult. I reveled in the pure and unbridled joy of this wondrous Shocker team. I celebrated their win, not the other team's failure.

And the long and refreshing drink from the Chalice of Victory was indeed sweet.

Comment

• I'm glad you were able to experience it Doc. A memory that will live for a lifetime I'm sure.

I'm sure that drive back through the Flint Hills was a pretty happy one...

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I have to say, a younger Doc would have sprinted to the KU band and instructed them on the precise way to properly stow their serving cheers.

Karma's a what??? Since next Friday night is open for them, they can begin practicing what proper etiquette is like during an NCAA Tournament match.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As a student at KU (only atmospheric science team in the state of Kansas, out of state tuition is way to expensive) but a definite shocker at heart due to my upbringing of going to almost every WSU home game, i really wanted to go to this game, but had to go to a date party up here, which was quite lame.

Go Shox!! Glad to hear the good team win.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I had this odd feeling I was being challenged to be the fan I am when we play every other team. Could I bench my hatred for the most annoying fan base in the history of mankind? The answer is yes, even though it was painfully difficult. I reveled in the pure and unbridled joy of this wondrous Shocker team. I celebrated their win, not the other team's failure.

And the long and refreshing drink from the Chalice of Victory was indeed sweet.
                    "Ohhh, KU? Ohhhh, we're not a football school. We're a basketball school. Ohhh, yeah, we're not a baseball school either. We are the most awesome basketball gift to the world, blessed on high, just wait 'til then."

Wulp, add volleyball to your list blue chickens.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      As a student at KU (only atmospheric science team in the state of Kansas, out of state tuition is way to expensive) but a definite shocker at heart due to my upbringing of going to almost every WSU home game, i really wanted to go to this game, but had to go to a date party up here, which was quite lame.

Go Shox!! Glad to hear the good team win.

Nothing personal but.....

I, of all people, appreciate your predicament more than you'll ever know, but that decision was quite lame. And don't give me any crap about "this girl was hot yadda yadda...." or "yeah but this was a big party yadda yadda...." there's a "big party" up there more often than Coach Self adjusting his wig & I drove around the school during down time over the weekend and there's so many desperate 2 bit tramp stamp hos traipsing about campus, hoping someone will look their way for 1 second that I could've gotten laid inside an hour. Last night happens maybe a couple times in your lifetime. I suggest you head over to Danforth Chapel and do some soul searching on your priorities.

Comment

• The ncaa tournament bracket looks good this morning. Could I get a t-shirt like it.

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Was an all-Tournament team named?
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                            Was an all-Tournament team named?
                            I don't believe they do that at the subregional (first two rounds) level.

Comment

• Topeka Capital-Journal piece: http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-12-0...leyball-season

Comment

• Enjoy

Highlights, the on-court celebration after the match, and the post-match press conference from the Shockers second round NCAA Volleyball Tournament victory o...

Comment

Working...
                                X