No announcement yet.

2024 AAC Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAU fans crying on social media that they had to play in Wichita. And that they were only allowed 1 loss. I guess they expected a 2 game bye AND double elimination just for them. Their fans might be worse than Memphis. Especially for a school that 99% of the US didn't know existed until last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      FAU fans crying on social media that they had to play in Wichita. And that they were only allowed 1 loss. I guess they expected a 2 game bye AND double elimination just for them. Their fans might be worse than Memphis. Especially for a school that 99% of the US didn't know existed until last year
      If the Shockers lose tomorrow I hope that FAU gets an at-large bid. If the Shocks win I doubt the NCAA will want 3 AAC teams in the tournament. Then FAU fans will be really pissed. I hope they are still pissed of tomorrow afternoon.

Actually, I don't like the way this tournament is setup either.

Comment

• I haven’t watched a game since the start of conference play, but I’ll be tuned in tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If the Shockers lose tomorrow I hope that FAU gets an at-large bid. If the Shocks win I doubt the NCAA will want 3 AAC teams in the tournament.
          Uhm, maybe, but I doubt it. The Shockers will steal a bid from someone with a win, but the NCAA is not saying this conference can only have this many teams in the tournament. As I write FAU is 42 and the Shocks are 60 on WarrenNolan. (I didn't realize it was that bad. Memphis will do that to you.) I think FAU is in. Oh, Charlotte is 28. They are in.

KPI are 30, 33 and 52. I have no idea how much weight KPI has.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; May 10, 2024, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If the Shockers lose tomorrow I hope that FAU gets an at-large bid. If the Shocks win I doubt the NCAA will want 3 AAC teams in the tournament. Then FAU fans will be really pissed. I hope they are still pissed of tomorrow afternoon.

Actually, I don't like the way this tournament is setup either.
            I'm not a fan of the set up either. But you can't deny that FAU had a massive advantage today with it being their first game and WSU's 3rd in 3 days. Which was why the crying was ironic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not a fan of the set up either. But you can't deny that FAU had a massive advantage today with it being their first game and WSU's 3rd in 3 days. Which was why the crying was ironic.
              I am not denying that at all. In fact I commented yesterday how winning this tournament for any of the bottom 8 teams was a steep uphill climb with this setup. The Shocks are 3/4 up that steep hill.

Comment

• FAU will host next year, so they can stop the bitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Uhm, maybe, but I doubt it. The Shockers will steal a bid from someone with a win, but the NCAA is not saying this conference can only have this many teams in the tournament. As I write FAU is 42 and the Shocks are 60 on WarrenNolan. (I didn't realize it was that bad. Memphis will do that to you.) I think FAU is in. Oh, Charlotte is 28. They are in.

KPI are 30, 33 and 52. I have no idea how much weight KPI has.
                  You may be right about FAU. But apparently the FAU coach told the ESPN+ announcers that if they did not win today against the Shocks that they would be on the bubble and that it coudl go either way. Does not sound like the FAU coach feels like they are a lock. In their favor is that HCKB is on the selection committee this year and clearly she would be a supportive voice for FAU for what that is worth. Despite what happens today FAU looks like a tournament team to me.

Comment

• I don't think FAU had a very good strength of schedule. They won 40 games but a lot of Q3/4 wins. That being said, I hope they get an at large bid. I would still rather see them than an 8th or 9th place SEC team. I sat in front of the father of an FAU player today. Real nice guy. We talked the whole game about how things were going and how good our conference is. Hope they make the tournament. The team we saw today was not nearly the same as they were in March. The same thing can be said about the Shockers. This is the team we had hoped to see all year. Go Shox!
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Some interesting and nonsensical numbers:

Auburn 21 RPI 9-15 in conference

California 25 RPI 9-13 in conference

South Carolina 29 RPI 8-16 in conference

Kentucky 30 RPI 8-16 in conference

Texas Tech 36 RPI 8-16 in conference

Utah 38 RPI 10-13 in conference

UCF 41 RPI 12-15 in conference

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                        I don't think FAU had a very good strength of schedule. They won 40 games but a lot of Q3/4 wins. That being said, I hope they get an at large bid. I would still rather see them than an 8th or 9th place SEC team. I sat in front of the father of an FAU player today. Real nice guy. We talked the whole game about how things were going and how good our conference is. Hope they make the tournament. The team we saw today was not nearly the same as they were in March. The same thing can be said about the Shockers. This is the team we had hoped to see all year. Go Shox!
                        They were 20-14 against Quad 1 and 2….which is still pretty darn good.

Comment

• NM
                          Last edited by shoxlax; May 11, 2024, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Highlights of Shockers v Florida Atlantic

Comment

• Last night I went to Nolan’s and was looking at our results. It already had the game score of 5-4 with us losing. I went back to the score about 20 minutes later and it had been taken down. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Last night I went to Nolan’s and was looking at our results. It already had the game score of 5-4 with us losing. I went back to the score about 20 minutes later and it had been taken down. Weird.
                                If we lose 5-4 I'm getting my tinfoil hat out

Comment

Working...
                                X