2024 AAC Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure who the Shocks will counter with but my guess is they will go with Chloe. If the Shocks get past Tulsa I think the Shocks will start Aiison vs FAU with Lauren and Alex waiting in the wings. if they make it to Sunday they come back with Chloe.
    This rotation certainly sounds plausible to me, but the final is on Saturday at 11 am CT.

I was going to be quiet mostly but ...

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m sorry but it doesn’t get any weaker than to blame social media for your performance on the field. That is one of the lamest excuses I’ve ever heard be put out there before. And it’s absolutely an excuse. The fact that the WSU media puppets are doubling down on it is even more embarrassing.

We have a cart-before-the-horse problem here. Social media did not drive the performance in the circle. The performance in the circle drove the social media "What's going on here?" question by several posters.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 9, 2024, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Are we allowed to talk about the poor play of opposing teams or is that out of bounds as well? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
      Some may say it was poor play, others might say it was entertaining play or an interesting strategy.

Comment

Highlights of Shockers-UTSA from the AAC YouTube channel

Comment

The PBP guy is definitely an AAC assignment. I've heard him before but can't remember his name. Cat has done at least a couple of color spots here. Impressive credentials to say the least.

I thought Allison was fantastic last night. Obviously Addie was otherworldly. The way Chloe has been throwing lately, if we can just get a couple of timely hits here and there it could be a special weekend. It feels like this group of seniors deserves a bit of good fortune for all the work and success they've worked for these last 4 years.

Go Shocks!

Comment

That third homer by BAddie left the park in a hurry!
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              That third homer by BAddie left the park in a hurry!
              Insert WstateU Austin Powers "laser" GIF

Maybe it's just my age, but I am going to miss the little things from sports...like Addie's home run trot from 3rd to home where she kind of leans forward and the arms either cross or go behind her....seen it so many times and it's just kids having fun. Great memories.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; May 9, 2024, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Insert WstateU Austin Powers "laser" GIF

Maybe it's just my age, but I am going to miss the little things from sports...like Addie's home run trot from 3rd to home where she kind of leans forward and the arms either cross or go behind her....seen it so many times and it's just kids having fun. Great memories.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Addie was really zoned in against the UTSA pitching. The fact that it was the UTSA pitching might be a mitigating factor. We will see as the pitching definitely should be tougher from here on out. I actually felt a bit sorry for the UTSA pitchers especially the starter as her defense pretty much collapsed behind her.

13 runs on 10 hits is pretty impressive but also requires quite a bit of charity from the opposing teams. 4 walks, 2 hit batters and 5 errors (I am counting the missed pop foul by the UTSA catcher with Addie at the plate that was not ruled an error because she didn't touch the ball) in 4 innings qualifies as a good amount of charity.

Not quite sure what to make of the fact that 9 of the 10 Shocker hits came from Addie (4), Lainee (3) and Sami (2). Lainee and Sami have not had great offensive seasons this year. In fact, heading into the final series of the regular season against Memhis Lainee was hitting .250 with 14 RBI and Sami was hitting .225. Over the past 4 games, 3 vs Memphis and 1 vs UTSA, Lainee is 6-10 (.600) with 6 RBI raising her average to .275 and Sami is 5-12 (.417) raising her average to .246.

Granted that this improvement is coming against by far the 2 worst pitching staffs in the AAC, however, it would be very helpful if this gets Lainee and Sami contributing on offense at a little higher level going forward. Improved confidence can lead to improve performance.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 9, 2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Isn’t there a NIT equivalent for Softball? Would think we would be a lock for that if we don’t run the table.

Comment

One interesting fact that came out of Coach Bredbenner's Tuesday radio show, other than how terrible Shockernet is, Alex Aquilar apparently has some kind of an injury that does impact her pitching. I think this was also mentioned on the ESPN+ stream of the UTSA game last night. So it is hard to say what Alex's availability is this week.

Lauren was inconsistent last night. She made some very good pitches and then had some command issues as well. She was pretty emotional when she was pulled from the game in the 2nd inning. Would have been nice if Lauren could have finished out the game and saved Alison, who was very solid, a few innings but HCKB apparently sensed she may have been losing it a bit mentally. It all worked out well in the end for the Shocks. I think if Lauren could have gotten through that inning she would have been fine especially after the Shocks extended the lead to 8-0 in the bottom half of the 2nd. Still may need Lauren for some innings at some point this week. Hope she can bounce back.

In any case, looks like Chloe and Alison will have to carry most of the load. Both have been pithing pretty well lately.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Isn’t there a NIT equivalent for Softball? Would think we would be a lock for that if we don’t run the table.
                        Not that I am aware of. Not sure how much interest there would be in that from either the coaches or the players. The softball is along grind with quite a bit of time spent traveling and on the road especially, in Wichita State's case early in the season.

Comment

Removed by OP

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not that I am aware of. Not sure how much interest there would be in that from either the coaches or the players. The softball is along grind with quite a bit of time spent traveling and on the road especially, in Wichita State's case early in the season.
                            Found out there is and it is called the NISC tournament. I think there is an above average chance we go if offered.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Found out there is and it is called the NISC tournament. I think there is an above average chance we go if offered.
                              I stand corrected.

Comment

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before…

Addie Bomb! #91!

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X