• Show
Clear All

Not a softball school.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      flyingMoose here is an example of the step backwards towards the 1st baseline that Lauren does with her back foot. Not sure it has any impact on her effectivene but it does seem pretty unusual to me.

I see what you mean. She does this all/most of the time? It has been too long since I have seen her pitch or any video. Ten months actually. But, yes, it is like she is losing her balance and about to fall over but catches herself. Uh, has she put on weight? Can I ask that? She's a big girl, but ... . Ok, I won't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

I see what you mean. She does this all/most of the time? It has been too long since I have seen her pitch or any video. Ten months actually. But, yes, it is like she is losing her balance and about to fall over but catches herself. Uh, has she put on weight? Can I ask that? She's a big girl, but ... . Ok, I won't ask.
        Yes, she pretty much repeats that on every pitch. I noticed it last year but didn't say anything about because she was relatively effective last year. Plus I suspect she has been doing this for a long time and it would be very difficult to break that habit and muscel memory at this point. Since she did do this same thing last year and was relatively effective I'm thinking it probably is not contributing much to her woes this year. I agree that it does almost look like she is losing her balance. I don't thing I have seen any other pitchers finish like this.

That said HCKB is going to have to get with Coach O and figure out what is going on with these ladies. Perhaps givien them too much to absorb and think about and ending up with paralyis by analysis?

Comment

We're going to struggle without Sami.

Comment

We need our pitching to come around for sure. We don't hit like in years past, so outscoring everyone isn't going to happen. That said, I have to give props to FAU. They had a great approach at the plate, making the Shockers throw strikes. The performance by Schlotterbeck on Sunday was simply amazing. 4 for 4, 4 runs scored, 3 homers and a double, 9 RBIs, 14 total bases. 5 innings pitched giving up only 2 runs. Simply amazing. I have never seen that at any level of ball. I hated that the Shox lost, but I can appreciate an outstanding performance by anyone. She will be AAC Player of the Week.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              We're going to struggle without Sami.
              Does Sami pitch, too? :)

Yes, we probably win the first Saturday game with her defense at SS.

Comment

Working...
              X