Shocker SB v Florida Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB v Florida Atlantic

The Shockers begin their conference schedule this weekend as Florida Atlantic comes to Wilkins Stadium. Weather permitting, games are Friday at 6 pm, Saturday at 4 pm, and Sunday at noon.

The Owls have a record of 18-5 with two losses to ranked Arkansas and a 2-1 record against teams who were RV. Their RPI at the start of the week is 39.

The FAU offense is led by Jesiana Mora (OPS of 1.115) and Kamryn Jackson (1.049 and team-leading four home runs). Presly Leebrick and Kiley Channell have an OPS above .900.

Their innings are primarily scattered among three pitchers. In innings-order: Trinity Schlotterbeck (ERA of 2.23 and WHIP of 1.24), Gabby Saco (2.28 and 0.90), and Ainsley Lambert (1.68 and 0.72).

Leebrick and Schlotterbeck have been Player and Pitcher of the Week respectively.

CC (1.358 and five homers), Addison (1.057 and five homers), and Bailey (.970) continue to be the mainstays of the Shocker offense.

Chloe (3.15 and 1.40), Alison (4.30 and 1.48), and Alex (5.09 and 1.41) appear to be the staff for most of the rest of the season. Alex's outing against Oklahoma State was the first really positive performance of the season outside of Chloe.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; March 7, 2024, 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Alex's outing against Oklahoma State was the first really positive performance of the season outside of Chloe.
    I assume your are discounting Alison's 11.1 innings against Illinois State and UT-Arlington where she gave up only 1 run due to the level of competition.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Interesting. What I just saw on the weather is that there is still a 30% chance of rain at noon. Greater than that before with the % going down to 14% by 5PM and continuing down. Almost no chance after 6 AM Saturday through Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Interesting. What I just saw on the weather is that there is still a 30% chance of rain at noon. Greater than that before with the % going down to 14% by 5PM and continuing down. Almost no chance after 6 AM Saturday through Sunday.
          That is what I am seeing as well. Could be the want to move the starting time up to perhaps be able to monitor the weather real time and to provide enough time to work through weather delays to get the full game in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I assume your are discounting Alison's 11.1 innings against Illinois State and UT-Arlington where she gave up only 1 run due to the level of competition.
            Yes

Comment

Charlotte at South Florida is the other notable series this weekend.

Others are

East Carolina at North Texas and

Tulsa at Memphis (Sat-Sun) and

UTSA at UAB.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; March 9, 2024, 07:49 AM.

Comment

The Shockers have played the fewest number of games among AAC teams:

23 Games: ECU, FAU, USF
                22 Games: UTSA
                20 Games: UNT, UAB
                19 Games: Tulsa, Memphis
                18 Games: Charlotte
                15 Games: Wichita State

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  The Shockers have played the fewest number of games among AAC teams:

23 Games: ECU, FAU, USF
                  22 Games: UTSA
                  20 Games: UNT, UAB
                  19 Games: Tulsa, Memphis
                  18 Games: Charlotte
                  15 Games: Wichita State
                  It has occurred to me that this lack of work is part of the problems the pitching staff are having. Except for Lauren. Something else is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    My guess is that part of the reason the time was moved up because the temperature, or wind chill, might be low enough to call the game. Friday's high is at 12:01 a.m. The wind chill is forecast to be 32 degrees at 6 p.m.

Comment

Game Postponed.

The temperature will be below the AAC threshold.

DH at 1 pm Saturday.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; March 8, 2024, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Game Postponed.

DH at 1 pm Saturday.
                        Before coming on SN, I took a look at the forecast. Likelihood of rain was less, but the temperature and wind chill....Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

The wind chill was going to be brutal.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

Deleted by OP.

Comment

From the AAC Softball Policy Manual -

"Games shall not be played if the “RealFeel” temperature for the facility on AccuWeather.com is 30 degrees or below."

As I type, AccuWeather has a RealFeel for today of 28.

EDIT: And at Game Time, the RealFeel is still 28. Pretty miserable. Plus, although I wasn't looking real closely, I did not see anything in the Manual about dirt v artificial surface infields.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; March 8, 2024, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X