Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    7th

Stolen base. Less than stellar throw ends up bouncing off Wong into RF. Runner advances to 3rd.
    Single ro RF plates one.
    Lainee tried to frame the pitch and then made a late throw to second. If she holds on to the ball, no runs for the Owls this inning. The base hit to RF was a one-hop line drive directly to Mila. FAU would have held the runner at third.

Comment

Game Two

Alex induces three ground outs to start the game. An error on Addie's fly ball, a ground out, and a walk to Bailey puts runner at the corners with two outs, but Lainee flys out to end the inning. No score after one.

A walk and a stolen base get a runner in scoring position for the Owls, but on second she remains. With two outs, Mila walks and Krystin doubles her home. Shockers 1-0 after two.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; March 9, 2024, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Good start for Alex.

Comment

Definitely a bigger strike zone this game.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

FAU triples with one out in the third, but a ground out and fly out end the threat. Still 1-0 in the middle of third.

Addie walks but is doubled off first on a fly ball to center to end the inning. 1-0 after three.

The Owls lead off their fourth with a single and a homer to take the lead. The load the bases with a hit batter and two walks are scattered among two outs, but Alex get a pop out to end the inning. FAU 2-1 in the middle of the fourth.

Lainee opens the Shocker fourth with a single, and a walk to Caroline follows. Sophie bunts them over, and Mila follows with her first homer as a Shocker! A three-run blast!! Krystin singles, move to second on a wild pitch and to third on a single by CC. Ainsley Lambert is now in the circle for FAU and get the next two outs. Shockers lead 4-2 after four.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; March 9, 2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Not sure you can hit a ball much harder than Taylor did in the 3rd after a lead off walk walk to Addie. I thought she was going to knock the glove off the leftfielder's hand. Burbs followed up wwith a line drive shot to straight away center who made a great catch and then double Addie off of first who apparently thought that ball would clear the centerfielder.

Comment

Alex really grinding in the 4th. A single followed by a home run to start the Owls' 4th inning at bat puts them up 2-1. A ground out, hit by pitch, fly out, walk, and a walk loaded the bases before getting a pop out to Taylor behind 3rd base.
                In the Shockers 4th, Lainee rips the 3rd straight screaming line drive but this one got over the Owls' centefielder but she held Lainee to a single. A walk to Caroline and a sac bunt by Sophie put runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Mila than delivered her first career home run to center and the Shocks are up 4-2.

A Krystin single, a wild pitch and a single to center by CC put runners on 2nd and 3rd as CC with heads up baserunning went 2nd on the throw home. Still only 1 out. The Owls go to the bullpen bringing in Ain Lambert.

Addie pops to short right center and Taylor strikes out looking as the Shockers fail to cash in further. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt them
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 9, 2024, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Alex really grinding in the 4th. A single followed by a home run to start the Owls' 4th inning at bat puts them up 2-1. A ground out, hit by pitch, fly out, walk, and a walk loaded the bases before getting a pop out to Taylor behind 3rd base.
                  In the Shockers 4th, Lainee rips the 3rd straight screaming line drive but this one got over the Owls' centefielder but she held Lainee to a single. A walk to Caroline and a sac bunt by Sophie put runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Mila than delivered her first career home run to center and the Shocks are up 4-2.

A Krystin single, a wild pitch and a single to center by CC put runners on 2nd and 3rd as CC with heads up baserunning went 2nd on the throw home. Still only 1 out. The Owls go to the bullpen bringing in Ain Lambert.

Addie pops to short right center and Taylor strikes out looking as the Shockers fail to cash in further. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt them
                  We are duplicating, but you can have it since you are on the Plus it appears, and I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

We are duplicating, but you can have it since you are on the Plus it appears, and I am not.
                    I thought you were at the game. Go ahead and take it. I can add the color if it is needed.

Comment

Alex not exactly fooling anyone. Line drive to center for an out and a line drive to left center for a single to open the 5th. Then another line drive the wall in left fro double makes it 4-3. Although they are reveiwing the play at the plate. Look like she was out to me but not sure they will overturn it. Called out at home on a great job of blocking the plate with left foot by Laniee the runner touched Lainee's foot but not the plate until after Lainee tagged her.

Make that 4-2 with a runner on 3rd with 2 outs. An infield single up the middle plates the rund and makes it 4-3.

A single to left makes it runners on the corners.

HCKB may want to thing about bringing in Chloe athough she was out of sorts in game 1. HCKB going with Lauren.

Another ball pretty much crushed but fortunately pretty much right at Burbs in left for the final out of the at bat.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 9, 2024, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Good call on the review at home. The tv guy didn’t pick up on it but the plate umpire didn’t signal safe until the runner got up and touched home after the slide. That indicates the runner didn’t touch the plate initially but he thought the tag was missed as well. The replay confirmed that the tag was applied.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Alex not exactly fooling anyone. Line drive to center for an out and a line drive to left center for a single to open the 5th. Then another line drive the wall in left fro double makes it 4-3. Although they are reveiwing the play at the plate. Look like she was out to me but not sure they will overturn it.
                          You keep it.

First game only - it lasted forever, so we did not stay to watch some of this one.

Lauren is in to pitch! Wow!! And gets the last out of the Owl fifth.

You keep it despite the commentary I just snuck in. :)

Comment

The one batter Lauren faced won't give you a lot of confidence that she will be able to hold FAU down for 2 innings despite getting the out.

Shockers down meekly in the bottom of the 5th. The Shocks have done nothing against Ain Lambert in 4.1 innings so far today. 2.2 innings in game 1 and 1.2 innings so far in Game 2.

The 1st batter in the 6th for the Owls lined a ball to the right of Caroline at first but she was able to lay out and grab it. A grounder into the 5-6 hole is backhanded by Taylor but she has not play and just eats it. A foul pop to Krystin for the 2nd out. An opposite field double just inside the line in left plates the tying run from a hitter who was 0-7 on the day. A ground out to 3rd ends the at bat.

I know Chloe was really bad in game 1 but I think you have to consider giving her another try.

After Mila strikes out leading off the Shocker 6th Krystin tomahawsk a pitch at the letters over the right field wall just to the left of the party deck. 1out later Addie B blasted another pitch that was up and in over the wall just left of the scoreboard. Taylor strikes out to end the 6th. Shocks lead 6-4.

Lauren out for the 7th and gets a big 3-pitch strike out for out #1. Taylor snags a foul pop behind 3rd on a 3-1 pitch for out #2. Lauren gets ahead of the next batter 1-2 before walking her to bring the tying run to the plate. A ground ball to CC's right at 2nd is handled cleanly and the throw gets the runner at 1st to end the inning.

Badly needed win for the Shocks. Pretty good job by Lauren in the 7th. Apparently, she just want to set it up so that she got the win.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 9, 2024, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Chloe comment -

She throws hard, of course. A rise and a curve? You can see a rise or drop from ground level (where I sit), but a curve or screwball are harder to see. I watched a lot of her pre-game warmup, and I think I heard Lainee call for some curves. She did throw a couple of changes today. But when HCKB saw her throw two-in-a-row against the backstop and only Lainee prevented a third-in-a-row from going back there, she had seen enough.

So she throws hard but she does not know where the ball is going some days. A lot of days? I can see why she was still available to us - why UMKC was her best offer. I am not a pitching coach, so I have no suggestions, but surely there is some back-to-basics to work on.

Comment

Other Saturday Games

Charlotte 5-1 USF
                                Charlotte 12-1(5) USF

East Carolina 0-2 North Texas
                                A three-hitter this time

Tulsa 9-0(5) Memphis
                                Tulsa 8-2 Memphis

UTSA 1-3 UAB
                                UTSA 3-8 UAB

Comment

Working...