Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Lambo is going to run out of players:

Comment

I just realized that every match will be available to watch this season, home, away and neutral. That has to be a first.

Not saying for free, but available.

Is Reagan Anderson #5 or #8?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I just realized that every match will be available to watch this season, home, away and neutral. That has to be a first.

Not saying for free, but available.

Is Reagan Anderson #5 or #8?

She is listed on the roster as #5, but is wearing #8 in the team pic. There is no #8 listed on the roster. Fortunately, she is very easy to spot regardless of her number.

Maybe she refused to wear an upside down 2.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 24, 2023, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

She is listed on the roster as #5, but is wearing #8 in the team pic. There is no #8 listed on the roster. Fortunately, she is very easy to spot regardless of her number.

She was wearing #8 during the OU game. Gabi was wearing #19. It looks like they may have finally gotten 2s and 3s at the jersey factory. Too bad they ran out of 5s.

Or... Hear me out... Could we have two Hanna Montanas on the team?

Comment

Talented AND smart!

Comment

Another tidbit from our MVC years were that we won the league tourney the last two years...first time in history and we won them on the road, first time in history. Couple of very good teams those years, we might have won 2 or 3 AAC titles during that span.

Comment

However, bigger picture, as WuDrWu pointed out the Legacy of Chris and Shannon Lambo and what they have done for volleyball in Wichita and surrounding areas has been great and should not be diminished.

[/QUOTE]

Chris and Shannon Lamb have certainly been around Wichita Volleyball for a long time. Not diminishing that.

What have they done that they did not get paid to do?

Their contributions have all resulted in them getting paid. Lambs have made LOTS of money through their “contributions” to Wichita Club Volleyball.

A large “bonus” paid to Chris a few years ago at a time he was selling lack of funding for his recruiting budget.

All fine. All should be part of that “Legacy” and not diminished either.

Name one “free” volleyball event WSU Volleyball and or Chris Lamb has been part of in his 20+ years in Wichita.

Bottom Line. If Chris can’t win COLLEGE volleyball games without Shannon or his former assistants than what exactly is he being paid to do at WSU.

Don’t worry everyone. Chris has been telling you all summer this team is better!! But, don’t look at “wins”. “Wins” don’t matter. It’s the RPI that actually goes up if you lose!! Shmeh!!!

Maybe I’m just seeing things wrong. When I look at the goshocker page for volleyball in the mirror, it says that the team is 2-0!!

Welcome to Chris’s Crazy Kitchen! Where nothing matters unless Chris tells you it does!
                Last edited by jimshocker; August 26, 2023, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The Pablo rankings in D1after the first week are 90% based on last year. By conference time when they are 100%(?) this year, those numbers will be of more interest.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I had posted about this in May. https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...07#post1395207

A little bit gimmicky perhaps, but you have to admit the Nebraska fan base is pretty impressive.

Comment

Kayce will start for Washington (they only have a roster of 13 with 2 setters and the other setter is a redshirt sophomore who played primarily as a DS and a serving sub last year. So that will be Kayce's team and I think she will do a good job for the Huskies. I guess will have to wait and see but the early returns on Izzi shows this may be a wash. Izzi seems to be a little better attacking in front row and perhaps a little bit better blocker with her 3 inch height advantage over Kayce. Kayce may be a little bit quicker and a little better with her off the net defense. Who has the better year will probably depend on who has the better passing team. Kayce is playing her final year. Izzi is listed as a senior but I believe she has 2 years of eligibility remaining if she wants to use it. I do not know whether she has made that decision or not. Kayce got a very nice deal from Wazoo and I certainly don't blame her for jumping on it.
                          Looks like i was wrong about Kayce starting at Washington. At least initially. Kayce played in 6 of 11 sets WU played in its opening weekend against UTEP, SE Louisiana and Grambing and had a total of 26 assists. Still, for Kayce, a very good student, she got a great deal reportedly getting two years of grad school paid for 1 year of volleyball.

Washington lost to UTEP in 5. beat SE Louisiana in 4 and easily swept Grambling.

Comment

In other transfer news, Lara Uyar is playing sparingly for ECU.

Addy Badley hasn't started the season yet for St. Edwards (first match this weekend).

Sophie Childs is the 2nd leading scorer and 2nd in blocks for Texas State.

Hailey Plugge is splitting time in a 6-2 for Sacramento State (seems to be the starter though) and leads them in assists.

Kailin Newsome is the leading scorer (also digs) for SE Louisiana who won their conference and went dancing last year (swept at Minnesota, Kailin was 13-3-33 .303).

Zofia Szczotkiewicz is at Albany and played some last year but hasn't seen the floor this season.

Lauren Phillips transferred to North Texas where she played sparingly last season and is now on the roster at some place called Point Loma in San Diego which might be the most freaking gorgeous campus view of all time. Sheesh. The Sea Lion season hasn't started yet. Don't know if they are D2 or D3 but she gets a roadie to Honolulu and Hilo, so who cares?

Sina Uluave is a defensive rotation sub for SMU playing every set.

Marriah Buss graduated from Omaha with at least 1 season of eligibility remaining and transferred to Nebraska, but has retired from playing volleyball.

Shea Lauria landed at Wisconsin Platteville and has been a back row mainstay for the Pioneers and has a couple of years of eligibility remaining.

I think I got everyone. Wait, is Lily taking a graduate year somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I think I got everyone. Wait, is Lily taking a graduate year somewhere?
                              You had previously reported that Lily had transferred to Idaho State to play for Sean Carter and Chelsea Scott.

Idaho State was swept twice by Boise State in week 1. Friday at Boise and Sunday at home.

Lily leads the team in digs with 23 so I presume she is the starting libero for the Bengals.

Comment

Probably time for me to start pinning a note to my wind breaker and taking the bus to watch the dogs chase the funny bunny.

Comment

Working...
                                X