No announcement yet.

2023-24 Shocker Softball Offseason, Fall Season and Pre-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. While this clears the biggest of the question up, the follow on question is why did the pitching coach no notice retire. Kenny didn’t sound too happy about that.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looks like CC Fleming is transferring from Wichita State to Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
          Looks like CC Fleming is transferring from Wichita State to Virginia Tech.
          She did not get any play time this past year as a freshman so this is not too surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

She did not get any play time this past year as a freshman so this is not too surprising.
            Agreed. Virgins tech is a good program though aren’t they?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Agreed. Virgins tech is a good program though aren’t they?
              Yeah, I think so. I guess that's a good sign when your redshirts can move on to good programs. I wish her well with the Hokies.

Comment

Wichita State and Charlotte on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Wichita State and Charlotte on this list.
                  I still despise the Mid-Major label...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I guess this is a first for WSU to have 4 "coaches" on the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I guess this is a first for WSU to have 4 "coaches" on the staff?
                          NCAA Division I Council modernizes rules for coaching limits

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/artic...oaching-limits

Coaching limits

The Council voted to eliminate the voluntary coach designation across Division I, instead including those coaches within a new limit for countable coaches in each of the applicable sports.

By adopting the proposal, the number of countable coaches in baseball, softball and ice hockey increased to four total in each sport. The Council rejected an additional increase to five countable coaches in those sports.

The Shocks have had volunteer assistants in the past. Also, Syd McKinney who I think was set to be a grad assistant this year, has taken an assistant coaching position at Marshall University.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...44#post1402644
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 21, 2023, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Shockers Add Grand Canyon Transfer for 2024 Season

A native of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, Wong will have one season of eligibility for the Shockers after spending the 2023 campaign at Grand Canyon.

Only so-so numbers at Grand Canyon last year but put up huge numbers in Juco ball.

It will be interesting to see what she might be able to do under the tutelage of HCKF and AHCEE. However, she only has 1 year of eligibility remaining.

Comment

RH: Podcast with Courtney Oliver on Shocker Softball

Wichita State softball pitching coach Courtney Oliver is at the microphone to talk about facing Shocker hitters from the opposite dugout, how her time as an athlete at Hofstra shaped her career and her pitching philosophy.

We also talk Boston Red Sox, changes in the AAC and drive-in movies.

Comment

Fall Softball Schedule Announced

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/8/2...announced.aspx

The Shockers will play six exhibition contests this fall, including three games against Division I opponents. All five home dates will be 10-inning scrimmages with the exception of Kansas and South Dakota State. The matchups against the Jayhawks and Jackrabbits will feature a doubleheader of two 7-inning games.

Wichita State will make one road trip on Oct. 1 to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowgirls.

Admission is $5 at the gate for all home games at Wilkins Stadium.
                                Sept. 16 | 12 PM McLennan Wilkins Stadium
                                Sept. 22 | 5 PM Seminole State Wilkins Stadium
                                Sept. 24 | 1 PM Kansas (DH) Wilkins Stadium
                                Oct. 1 | 3 PM at Oklahoma State Stillwater, Okla.
                                Oct. 7 | 12 PM Emporia State Wilkins Stadium
                                Oct. 8 | 12 PM South Dakota State (DH) Wilkins Stadium

I like it that they have started to mix in games with D-I opponents into the fall schedule. Not sure if that is something new that the NCAA implemented as allowable in the last couple of years or not.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X