2023 AAC Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Uh, no. Played twice and lost twice. Lost 1-3(9) on March 29 and lost 1-9(6) on April 11.
    The announcers much have been talking about us but kept saying Tulsa. That makes more sense.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The announcers much have been talking about us but kept saying Tulsa. That makes more sense.
      Given the play-by-play announcer for this game (I forget her name but recognize the voice from Twitter) that mixup makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Krystin easily swipes 2nd.
        Krystin's first stolen base and her first attempt of the year.

Comment

We have looked pretty clueless against this pitcher the last 3 times we faced her.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
            We have looked pretty clueless against this pitcher the last 3 times we faced her.
            We have looked pretty clueless too often towards the end of the season. Part of that is conference pitchers who have seen us a lot over the years, but still.

Comment

Whats the rules on things like this. The short stop was blocking the baseline which caused Addie to have to slide to the side. If the Short stop isn't in the baseline and Addie can slide directly in, its safe and not even close. How does interference work in these cases?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Whats the rules on things like this. The short stop was blocking the baseline which caused Addie to have to slide to the side. If the Short stop isn't in the baseline and Addie can slide directly in, its safe and not even close. How does interference work in these cases?
                If she's playing the ball, which she was, there's nothing wrong with it.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Pain

Comment

Of course that call at 2nd ends up being one of the deciding factors. The other being our inability to hit throughout the game.

Comment

If she's playing the ball, which she was, there's nothing wrong with it.
                      So what if Addie just takes her out? She SHOULD have equal rights to getting to the base.

Comment

Now we may be headed to OU, again. Ugh.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Considering how bad we looked at the plate against Kansas and again against Tulsa, I'm not liking our chances no matter where we end up. The offense has been pretty dreadful.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So what if Addie just takes her out? She SHOULD have equal rights to getting to the base.
                            Take out? Like don't slide? I'm sure that would be an issue. Take her out while sliding? Part of the game. You have to allow the defense to play defense.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Tough loss. I think we are all a little disappointed but that’s what can happen in single elimination.

Comment

Take out? Like don't slide? I'm sure that would be an issue. Take her out while sliding? Part of the game. You have to allow the defense to play defense.
                                I mean slide directly into the base instead of to the side which is what caused Addie to be out. You have to allow the base runner to run the bases too.

Comment

Working...
                                X