22/25 Shocker SB at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am sure you meant Rylee Dugar. I not quite as sure, but it would not suprise me if the Shockers see a boatlaod of change ups today.
    LOL. Don't you just love a spell checker?! That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

LOL. Don't you just love a spell checker?!
      I don't need any help from spell checker for my typos.

Comment

Syd opens with a bunt single, and Addie doubles her home. Sami and Bailey walk to load the bases, but Camryn pops out. 1-0 Shockers in the middle of the first.

Memphis returns the favor with a bunt single of their own, also on the first pitch. A stolen base, a walk, a single to right (and the runner is out rounding the base at second?) follow. A ground ball advances the runner to second, and a single scores both runners. Shockers trail 2-1 after one.

With one out, Krystin triples in the second, and Sydney walks. Syd steals second and advances to third on the wild pitch, scoring Krystin. Addison follows with a two-run blast. Lauren and Lolo follow with singles, but nobody can get them in. Shocks lead 4-2 in the middle of the second.

Alison gives up a homer to start the bottom of the second, and Alex is on to pitch. She gives up an infield single, but no runs. 4-3 after two complete.

Lainee reaches on an error and with two outs, Sydney homers. A single and a stole base for the Tigers but nothing more. 6-3 after three.

Lolo walks and with two outs, Bailey doubles off the top of the wall in center field to score the pinch runner Madyson. A leadoff single for Memphis leads to nothing. 7-3 after four.

Krystin is on on an error. Addie bunts her to second, and Lauren drives her home with a two-out single. A two-out walk but no more for the Tigers. 8-3 after five. At least Memphis are not run-ruled in all three games.

Lainee has an infield single with two outs, and Krystin walks - just so they can get to Syd. She singles, but Lainee is thrown out at the plate. The first scoreless inning for the Shocks. Two groundouts and a strikeout in the Memphis sixth. 8-3 after six.

Addie leads off with a walk in the seventh, steals second base with one out, and advances to third on a throwing error. Lolo follows with a walk of her own. Siera pinch runs and steals second (or indifference?). Sami singles to score both runners. 10-3 and on to the bottom of the last.

With two outs, the Tigers get two singles, one of the infield variety, but Alex gets another strikeout to end the game.

Shockers 10-3 Memphis

Alex gets the win with six innings of five-hit, no-run relief. She had five strikeouts and gave up one walk.

Of the twelve hits for the Shocks, Syd had three and Addie and Lauren each had two. Syd and Addie both homered. The Shockers had multiple RBI from Syd, Addie, and Sami.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; April 8, 2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Really solid work in the circle by Alex in relief of Alison. 6 innings, no runs on 5 hits, walked 1 and struck out 5.

Comment

An aside: 220' to center field in Memphis with what appears to be an eight-foot fence.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; April 8, 2023, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Other Series

Tulsa 0-3 USF
              Two of the wins were by one run.

ECU 1-2 Houston
              The Coogs score a run in each of the last four innings to take the rubber game of the series, 7-6.

UCF - bye
              Last edited by flyingMoose; April 8, 2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Siera pinch runs and steals second (or indifference?).
                If it had been a good pitch, I doubt the Memphis would have thrown through and it probably would have been defensive indifference. But the pitch short hopped the catcher who took in the chest protector and had no play. Since Sierra was off the the pitch she gets credit for a stolen base as I don't think you can assume defensive indifference.

Comment

Not getting run ruled is a victory for Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Not getting run ruled is a victory for Memphis.
                    Definitely won't do much for the Shocks RPI.

Comment

Only the games against Oklahoma State and Oklahoma can help the RPI - directly at least. None of the rest of the schedule can help.

Comment

Yep. The weekend dropped the RPI from 17 to 24.

Comment

Working...
                        X