Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Sami is going to be a star
    Totally, I agree. She has the look of a good all-round player, a good demeanor and she seems to be catching on to hitting D-1 pitching. Although I don't know if what the Shocks are facing today is legit D-1 pitching.

Shocks taking advantage of he wind blowing out.

Comment

Howell gets the first batter to fly out to CF and strikes out the next. She still doesn't look comfortable in the circle today. Another K ends the inning.

9-2

LuLu gets walked. Great D by the 2B to make a diving stop into the grass and was able to just get Mills at first. LuLu to 2nd. Sami hits a bouncer to SS and almost beats the throw. LuLu stays at 2. Taylor goes down swinging.
      Last edited by SubGod22; April 7, 2023, 03:14 PM.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Howell gets the first batter to fly out to CF and strikes out the next. She still doesn't look comfortable in the circle today.
        She has what looks to me as a little bit of an odd quirk in her delivery as, at least on some pitches, she seems to rock backwards or sidways and almost stumbles. In any case, not the smoothest looking style, but she gets the job done.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I missed the first out. Stupid people at work not wanting to just let me watch softball. Next batter has a little slappy check swing sort of thing that bounced high up the middle. Syd makes a great play but can't quite get her. Out number two comes on a high, lazy fly ball to Addie. Addie then ends the inning with a nice sliding catch on a line drive.

9-2

To the fourth we go

Cam get a line drive single to left center. Lainee grounds out to first, Cam advances. Nelson with a sharp grounder down the first base line that's snagged and she's putout. Cam advances to for Syd. Syd drops one down the left field line to score Cam. Addie grounds out to SS.

10-2. Shox have left 8 on base I believe.

Last edited by SubGod22; April 7, 2023, 03:31 PM.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Stupid people at work not wanting to just let me watch softball.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Did I see Kenzie Schopfer warming up in the bullpen?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Did I see Kenzie Schopfer warming up in the bullpen?
                I hope so. This is the type of game, as well as tomorrow, where we could allow those not in the top 3 to get some work in.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Howell remains in. First batter fouls out to Addie. Next batter with a deep fly ball that's tracked down in front of the CF wall for out number 2. Ground ball to Syd ends the 4th.

10-2

LuLu starts the 5th with a ground out to 2nd. LoLo goes down looking on a change. She was fooled but it did look low. Nice pitch though. Sami singles up the middle. Taylor lines one by a diving SS and into LF for a single. Cam goes down swinging.

Not sure why the girls aren't just sitting on the pitchers off speed stuff. They seem to be her go to pitches and just about the only ones she's consistently throwing over the plate.

Headed to the bottom of the fifth. Memphis needs a run to extend the game.

Pinch hitter fouls out to Lainee. Another pinch hitter, (0 hits on the year) grounds out to Syd. Next batter walks. The last three pitches were nowhere close to the zone. Slap to 2nd and Sami gets her by less than half a step.

10-2

Ball game.
                  Last edited by SubGod22; April 7, 2023, 03:55 PM.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Could we put together a SN team that would score a few runs on Memphis?

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm getting down in the weeds now, but let's get some of this right. Roughly speaking, not Rules Book language necessarily, and not bothering with some finer points ...

Interference is committed by the offense and prevents the defense from making a play. Interference is immediate dead ball and someone is Out. Examples are a runner colliding with the SS who is fielding a ball or being hit by a batted ball that the SS has a play on.

Obstruction is committee by the defense and impedes the offense in some manner. Obstruction is delayed dead ball. Bases that would have been reached without the Obstruction are (eventually) awarded. If during the delayed dead ball playing action someone is put out Out, the ball is dead and the bases associated with the Obstruction are awarded. That could mean that the Out is removed.

It sounds as if Sami was obstructed by the catcher. If the umpire subsequently awards her home, she still has to touch home plate.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; April 7, 2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

It sounds like Memphis will have to throw the same pitcher again tomorrow. That makes me sad if it comes to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          It sounds like Memphis will have to throw the same pitcher again tomorrow. That makes me sad if it comes to fruition.
                          Yeah, you have to kind of feel for them. Their 1st year coach appears to be doing a good job of keeping their spirits up. Better days may be ahead for Memphis softball. Sounds like they made a pretty good hire try to get their program turned around.

University of Memphis Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Laird Veatch announced the hiring of Stephanie VanBrakle Prothro as head softball coach on August 18, 2022.

Prothro comes to Memphis after spending the last 12 seasons as the pitching coach at Alabama. In Tuscaloosa, Prothro helped the Crimson Tide win the 2012 NCAA Championship, three regular-season SEC titles and two SEC Tournament crowns.

Comment

Game Three

No Zoe in the lineup. Sami moves up a spot to the five-hole followed by Bailey RF, Camryn 1B, Lainee, and Krystin. Alison is in the circle for the Shockers and Rylee Dugar for the Tigers.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; April 8, 2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Still no Zoe and Taylor is getting the day off.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                Game Three

No Zoe in the lineup. Sami moves up a spot to the five-hole followed by Bailey RF, Camryn 1B, Lainee, and Krystin. Alison is in the circle for the Shockers and Rylee Sugar for the Tigers.
                                I am sure you meant Rylee Dugar. I not quite as sure, but it would not suprise me if the Shockers see a boatlaod of change ups today.

Comment

Working...
                                X