No announcement yet.

2022-23 Softball Offseason/Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was right. That's a dumb ass bracket. TC Colorado loses their first game of the tournament play and gets Silver. Team USA who TC already beat once in the tournament (twice including pool play) gets gold. That makes no sense.

Link to the bracket. https://canadacup.com/about-us/womens-results/

Comment

This is a standard bracket used in International competitions. It even has a name that I do not recall and could not find in a quick Google. TC Colorado got to skip some of the medal rounds and went directly to the Gold Medal game. In theory, they have an advantage because of a rested pitching staff, but mostly, they have to win fewer games to finish first.

EDIT: Page playoff system
      Last edited by flyingMoose; June 29, 2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Just saw a FB post from Wichita State Softball where D1Softball is ranking their top 150 players. Sydney McKinney comes in at #27.

It looks like they're doing 15 at a time, but you also have to be a subscriber to the site to actually see it, so I can't really link anything.
        Recently saw another FB post where Addie came in at #2!
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Recently saw another FB post where Addie came in at #2!
          Indeed she did:

Comment

Comment

2022 MaxPreps All American Teams

Shox get one on the first team

Sami Hood, Sr., Allen (Texas)
              Wichita State signee hit 20 home runs this year for the Eagles. She also batted .463 and drove in in 64 runs.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

2022 MaxPreps All American Teams

Shox get one on the first team
                Outstanding!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Eagle - 'I'm finishing here': All-American Sydney McKinney committed to Wichita State softball

The success has opened doors McKinney never imagined, like an invitation to play with Triple Crown Colorado this past week in the Canada Cup, an international softball tournament where McKinney proved herself against elite competition by hitting .429 in eight games against national teams. She hinted to The Eagle on Wednesday an even bigger opportunity is on the way later this summer.

Being one of the nation’s best players on a team in the American Athletic Conference has brought the inevitable question from the softball world McKinney’s way this summer: why stay at Wichita State when you could have your choice of team in the SEC, Big Ten, Pac 12 or Big 12?

She has been hounded this offseason, whether it through text messages, direct messages on social media or in person to consider the transfer portal for her final season, but McKinney shrugs it all off. There’s no changing her mind: she’s finishing her career at Wichita State for Kristi Bredbenner, the coach who believed in her before every program in the country would take her.

“People ask me about it and I’ve had coaches talk to me, but I tell them that Wichita is home,” McKinney said. “Wichita is where I grew myself as a person and as a player and everyone has always supported me, even when I didn’t have all of the accolades. They love me for who I am here. I’m definitely finishing here. I definitely want to continue to represent Wichita State.”
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

How absolutely effing refreshing. With all due respect to Addison, Sydney is the best to ever play at Wichita State and is the heart and soul of this team. I am as impressed by Sydney as a person as I am with her as a player. What outstanding leadership.

Comment

Once in a lifetime talent and person.

What a joke that other coaches have talked to her. That has to stop, “allowable” or not. I’m sure our staff isn’t innocent but this is horse **** if the player hasn’t entered the portal.

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread, and it kind of fits "off season".

Anyway, I am catching up with the ALWAYS well done Roundhouse Podcasts with Paul Suellentrop. If you haven't listened to new Strength and Conditioning head guy Ryan Horn, you need to. Man he makes you want to get into the gym right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Didn't want to start a new thread, and it kind of fits "off season".

Anyway, I am catching up with the ALWAYS well done Roundhouse Podcasts with Paul Suellentrop. If you haven't listened to new Strength and Conditioning head guy Ryan Horn, you need to. Man he makes you want to get into the gym right now.
                          Yes, I did listen to that podcast and he sounds very good. So far liking what I am hearing from him and about him. Sully asked each of the men's basketball newcomers he has interviewed (6 so far) of their impressions of Coach Horn. All had very positive comments although not sure you would expect otherwise.

Comment

Nm
                            Last edited by Stickboy46; June 30, 2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

How absolutely effing refreshing. With all due respect to Addison, Sydney is the best to ever play at Wichita State and is the heart and soul of this team. I am as impressed by Sydney as a person as I am with her as a player. What outstanding leadership.

Agreed. Very quickly became my favorite shocker athlete. Great talent, great person and always looks like she's enjoying every moment of it.

Comment

Transfer from Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                                X