2022-23 Softball Offseason/Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Her mother is a former Shocker catcher, Carrie Brown.

The Shockers would be a serious step down from expectations one would think. As mentioned above, it is not clear what the factors are in the year she just had except that others pitched better. When the HC grabs two pitchers out of the portal, that has to shake your confidence.
    That's the negative side. The positive side is that she has one last opportunity (year) left, and going into a year, with a nationally Top Ranked team, already set up with top recruits, and returning highly recruited pitchers for that one last chance, might not appeal. With the right pitcher or two, this Shocker team could be a really good team, and make some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That's the negative side. The positive side is that she has one last opportunity (year) left, and going into a year, with a nationally Top Ranked team, already set up with top recruits, and returning highly recruited pitchers for that one last chance, might not appeal. With the right pitcher or two, this Shocker team could be a really good team, and make some noise.
      Yeah, but she isn’t a Mike White recruit either. So, I don’t see the down side. If she is interested in coming to WSU, I say take her even if it only provides additional depth. If she has a senior year close to her freshmen or sophomore years, WSU can win the conference and make some waves in a regional or super. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by barry1305 View Post

Yeah, but she isn’t a Mike White recruit either. So, I don’t see the down side. If she is interested in coming to WSU, I say take her even if it only provides additional depth. If she has a senior year close to her freshmen or sophomore years, WSU can win the conference and make some waves in a regional or super. Just my opinion.
        I think you mis-read. I set out a positive side for her wanting to come to Wichita and pitch for the Shockers.

Comment

Got ya :)

Comment

Just saw a FB post from Wichita State Softball where D1Softball is ranking their top 150 players. Sydney McKinney comes in at #27.

It looks like they're doing 15 at a time, but you also have to be a subscriber to the site to actually see it, so I can't really link anything.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sydney's and Addie's TC Colorado team is now 5-1 and tied for first with Team USA (who they beat) and Team Canada. They play Team USA again later today.

Also a pretty nice article about Addie and Avery

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Sydney's and Addie's TC Colorado team is now 5-1 and tied for first with Team USA (who they beat) and Team Canada. They play Team USA again later today.

Also a pretty nice article about Addie and Avery
                SAY WHAT!!! Witchita!!! You gotta be sh*tting me!

Comment

TC Colorado beats USA again 3-2. I believe that puts TC in the gold medal game tomorrow. Sydney goes 1-2 with a run and a walk. Addie goes 1-3 with an RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    TC Colorado beats USA again 3-2. I believe that puts TC in the gold medal game tomorrow. Sydney goes 1-2 with a run and a walk. Addie goes 1-3 with an RBI.
                    I believe with one out in the last, Addie fielded a deep fly and then threw to Syd to double up the Team USA player attempting to advance on the tag. A Shocker double play ended it.

I wanted to watch the game tonight. $20 to stream. LOL No thank you Canada.

Guess I'll wait for the Twitter update in a couple of days.

Should be about the time we hear those 2 are transferring as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I believe with one out in the last, Addie fielded a deep fly and then threw to Syd to double up the Team USA player attempting to advance on the tag. A Shocker double play ended it.

I was going to "like" your post until I got to your last line.

Comment

Based on the play by play, the double play wasn't the game ender... But it was still impressive. The game ender was a pop out to Sydney.

Top of the first tonight and Sydney already with a hit and a run scored. 1-0 with 2 outs in the top of 1

Comment

Are you watching or following along somewhere?

Comment

Are you watching or following along somewhere?
                            Download the new GameChanger app for free before your next season starts. GameChanger Classic officially retired December 31, 2023. Download the new GameChanger app for free scorekeeping tools, live streaming, advanced statistics, and more.

Play by play. 7 day free trial you can cancel immediately but still keep the 7 day trial.

Comment

Interestingly it doesn't appear Jocelyn Alo is playing and she didn't play the game earlier today. She did play in the game last night against TC Colorado

Comment

USA gets 2 in the bottom of the 2nd but Sydney leads off the 3rd with a triple.1-2 USA winning right now

edit: they somehow leave her stranded at 3rd even though at least one ball was put in play and a runner was thrown out stealing 2nd. Figured she would have gone on that throw.

Now 5-1 top of the 7th. Not looking great.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a other game after this. From the bracket it looks like the final game but This would be TCs first loss since going to bracket play vs pool play where USA already lost once (to TC in the 2nd round). Would be weird to be double elimination except in the gold medal game
                                Last edited by Stickboy46; June 26, 2022, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X