NCAA Round 1 - Shocks vs Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    You just can't allow a huge run like the one we allowed in the middle of the game. We played even at the start and end of the game, but allowing one big service run is all it takes.
    Unfortunately, playing poor in stretches here and there is a bad habit of this team. Inconsistency from match-to-match and within matches and within sets has been a bugaboo for this team.

Comment

Have to get Emily going. Not getting much out of her yet.

Comment

Now don't give up the lead shox 17-15

Comment

Our defense got our confidence back up and now running a better offense. Much improved passing and Hooper in the 2nd third of this set...hope to see that continue.

Comment

Emily Adney has not been a factor. 2 kills, 5 errors, a negative .158 hitting percentage. Not sure how much of that is due to KSU taking her away and how much is due to the play on our side of the net. In any case, if that continues we have no chance.

Comment

Frustrating...but then I think about it...how nice is it to have a sport that we expect an at large bid into the NCAA tournament and expect to win the first round year after year. We have the same expectations for our basketball and baseball programs, but this sport actually achieves those expectations.

Comment

K-State (with know Seniors) finishes off the sweep in a match where the Shocks really never threatened K-State.

A nice, but not great, season. Thanks to Hoop, Waldo and Camri for their outstanding representation during their Shocker careers.

Comment

Disappointing finish. Only really competitive in one set.

But if this is a "down" year for Shocker VB, I'll take it.

Comment

I will note that Chelsey Feekin came in the match to set late in each of the three sets. But in third set, once K-State reached 23, Lambo reentered MEH so she could finish her Shocker career on the court. Classy and what you would expect from him.

Comment

Pepperdine 3-0 Missouri State

22, 21 and 16

Comment

I had to stay away from this topic pretty much all week. Everything I heard told me that the goal was reached with the announcement on Sunday, and I expected exactly what happened yesterday, as painful as it was to view. This was about the biggest "mailed in" effort I've ever witnessed from a team that had a legitimate opportunity to advance.

But that was the kind of year it was in WSU Volleyball. It's now time to turn the page. We say goodbye, however sad, to the Mary Elizabeth Hooper era and usher in a new team. Will we move forward? I don't know. I hear people say the talent level keeps improving but I am nowhere near skilled enough to offer an opinion on that, but it's hard for me to believe we'll be better without MEH even if I think Feekin is uber talented (which I do).

I hope this program has not hit it's peak, but we need to continue to grow the fan base (and I don't have any answers how to do that) and we need to find some of the "it" that we've seemed to miss, especially this year. You know UNI has "it" when you see them (and I don't just mean Bre Payton). You just know they'll win the 24-24 point...and likewise you know we're not. That's got to change if we're going to move forward.

Still, this is the most impressive athletic program I've ever been around and I will always be proud to have any association with Coach Lamb and his team. A wonderful group of young ladies. Congratulations on another successful season!

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
                          Frustrating...but then I think about it...how nice is it to have a sport that we expect an at large bid into the NCAA tournament and expect to win the first round year after year. We have the same expectations for our basketball and baseball programs, but this sport actually achieves those expectations.
                          +100

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Thanks to Hoop, Waldo and Camri for their outstanding representation during their Shocker careers.
                            And this. Thank you '72 for all your support of this program, and to all the other WSU Volleyball fans and supporters.

Comment

This team was not without their disappointments this year. The talent level just didn't seem the same as years past.

Comment

Caught the 6:00 news last night on KSN and the graphic said "Shockers - 3, KSU - 0"... I was so excited. Unfortunately, the commentary did not match said graphic. What a dirty trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X