Shocks vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs. Nebraska Game Thread

This will be a tough one, even with our top notch A game.

Looking forward to it though.

As was mentioned, it is on TV, and the Nebraska announcers do a very good job with these games. I've seen a few while up in Nebraska for work.

Nebraska VB coach John Cook's comments on playing the Shockers from www.huskers.com.

On preparing for Wichita State tomorrow night
    “We’re used to playing different teams. There are different sized teams in the Big 12. There’s all kinds of sizes, and Wichita State has been here before. Those seniors played here two years ago. We played them in the spring, so they’re not going to be intimidated by us. It will be a little bit of an adjustment for us, but you have to be ready to play your best. Our team is pretty good adjusting, and that’s one of our strengths. I was surprised (Wichita State) won as easily as they did tonight though. I thought they would be a closer match, but they took it to Western Kentucky.”
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

So he talks them up then shoots them down, all in the same paragraph.

Nebraska won't be intimidated and I hope our girls won't either.

Comment

If the Shocks could somehow pull a miracle out of their Molten bags it would be one of those upsets that leave a fan breathless.

I suppose the chances are slim and none. But it is sort of like than scene from Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd (Jim Carrey) asks Mary (Lauren Holly) what are his chances to make it with her. When he gets the answer - one in a billion, he responds happily - "then you're saying THERE IS A CHANCE".

Shocks chances are better than one in a billion, but perhaps not by much.

As Lambo said on the news last night, this Nebraska team may be the best women's college VB team ever, but the Shocks are going to show up and give the Cornhuskers what they deserve, "a fight".

You just never know what can happen in Sports. One of the things that make sports so much fun.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Nothing better than beating a husker, besides they are due to lose one!

Comment

Kudos to Channel 12 Sports for their coverage of WSU NCAA Volleyball match yesterday.

It was their lead story, they spent 2 minutes on the match including video highlights and an on-site report by Brian Holmgren including showing Lambo's comments about the Nebraska match.

Here is a link to the video of last nights sportscast if you did not see it:

Click on the video titled: Eyewtiness Sports at 10 - November 30th.

To quote Lambo: "This the Super Bowl. This is it."

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Does anyone know if they will be showing the match anywhere in Koch for those of us wanting to see both the volleyball and women's basketball game tonite.

This would save me from finding someplace close to the arena to watch the volleyball match.

Comment

I don't know about Koch Arena, but you might want to check with either the Fox and the Hound, AJ Boltons, the Cedars are one of the other area sports bars.

That would have been a great promo for the women's BB game though if they could have shown the VB match on the video screen prior to the VB game. Not sure if that is tecnically feasible or not.

Comment

Their SOB coach fears us, and he's just in denial.

:goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

I didn't take anything he said negatively, at all.

He said WSU won't be intimidated by them and I think he was thinking Western Kentucky would give us a better game but we dominated them. I think it was a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

He said WSU won't be intimidated by them and I think he was thinking Western Kentucky would give us a better game but we dominated them. I think it was a compliment.
                      I read those comments that way as well.
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

I agree. I prefer a win but it is nice to get some respect from the coach of the defending national champ. In addition, WSU and NU played in the spring http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&ATCLID=847939 and if you look at who Nebraska played (San Diego, Wichita State & Colorado State), you can see that they only played good teams (each of whom was ranked in the Top 25 at some point in the season). To me, it is a sign of respect that NU plays WSU in the spring.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Good Luck against the NUBBS

That is a great team. I watched our match against them in Lincoln and it was women against girls. I did not see our match in Ahearn but we did lead by two games before the Huskers woke up to win in 5. I know some here do not think KSU is good but the NCAA seeded them 9th in the tourney yet we struggled against the NUBBS especially in Lincoln.

That said the NUBBS have been playing less consistently the latter half of the season so maybe your gals can sneak past them.

Comment

High Risk, High Reward

Comment

Re: Good Luck against the NUBBS

Originally posted by BCSCat
                              That is a great team. I watched our match against them in Lincoln and it was women against girls. I did not see our match in Ahearn but we did lead by two games before the Huskers woke up to win in 5. I know some here do not think KSU is good but the NCAA seeded them 9th in the tourney yet we struggled against the NUBBS especially in Lincoln.

That said the NUBBS have been playing less consistently the latter half of the season so maybe your gals can sneak past them.
                              There isn't one Volleyball fan on this site that thinks KSU isn't good. We know they are good. The simple fact of beating us in our own barn means they are good. You are confusing respect for a program with respect for you. It is you many of us do not like.

Comment

Working...
                              X