Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska wins 30-22, 30-19, 30-19

Comment

Great season Shocks. Great experience to play a GREAT Nebraska team.

Shocks just can't match that kind of firepower.

Goodbye and best wishes to Sara and Abby. Thanks for the great memories.

Already looking forward to next year.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Great season Shocks. Great experience to play a GREAT Nebraska team.

Shocks just can't match that kind of firepower.

Goodbye and best wishes to Sara and Abby. Thanks for the great memories.

Already looking forward to next year.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
        Ditto.

Shocks really fought hard and I am pretty sure Lambo is going to be very proud of his girls.

Shocks lose 6 matches all year. In all likelyhood 4 of those teams are going to be in the Sweet 16. 2 are in already and UH is a big favorite tonight and KSU should beat Oregon.

Wow, you know how good they are and then you see them in person. NU is amazing.

Comment

This was a great year for Shocker VB. Get our second NCAA win, and have a hard fought battle with Nebraska (probably will win it all), plus VB gets its own fourm on shockernet. How great has it been.

Comment

Pavin is going to win the POY award again this year. That's 3 POYs on THIS TEAM.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

I am even more proud of our program than I was before the game.

Comment

They should stay on air until they get a chance to talk to everyone.

No offense to basketball, but I can catch the 2nd half only of 1 game to hear Sara and Abbey get to talk about their careers one last time.

While I am at it, BIG THANKS to Mike Kennedy for taking the time and effort to hustle back from App St to cover the team.

Comment

No shame in losing to a team as deep and talented as Nebraska.....in Nebraska too.

I'd sure like to see us play schools of their caliber earlier in the year.

Yes, Thanks Sarah. Thanks Abby. And thanks to the entire Shocker Nation, network and family for making VB matches fun and enjoyable to attend.

:wsu_posters: :posterwsu: :posterwu:

Comment

Great season and like '72 said......I am already eagerly anticipating 2008.

Comment

Maybe there can be a rematch next year in Wichita? That would be awesome. Like I said before. We came up to a brick wall and did our best to scale it.

Comment

Certainly our early season schedule prepared us for matches like this and we need even more of those in the future.

More Cal-Polys and Hawai'is and fewer UMKCs.

Comment

So much bad logic used in volleyball.. where you have WSU going to Lincoln after clearly being the best Valley team, instead of going to Manhattan, etc. I'm not familiar with the whole selection process, but that seemed a little odd. MSU, which fizzled at the end, had a chance against Oregon/K-State and at least a better draw. Now I figure a lot of it is based on geography, but I dunno. Doesn't seem fair..

How fun would it have been to be paired in Manhattan..

Oh well..

Congrats on a GREAT season Shockers! Very exciting and proud indeed.

:posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: :yahoo: :good:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          So much bad logic used in volleyball.. where you have WSU going to Lincoln after clearly being the best Valley team, instead of going to Manhattan, etc. I'm not familiar with the whole selection process, but that seemed a little odd. MSU, which fizzled at the end, had a chance against Oregon/K-State and at least a better draw. Now I figure a lot of it is based on geography, but I dunno. Doesn't seem fair..

Oh well..

I think we are just supposed to be grateful to the committee to let us particapte at all! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Oh well..

As I said before, we got a 2 seed in a tougher regional, while MSU got a 3 seed in an easier regional. The end result is that, while MSU would have had an easier top seed to play, they had a much tougher opening match, and sure enough they couldn't win, while WSU got an NCAA win. I'll take facing NU over a one and done any day. In addition, if WSU had taken care of business in the MVC tourney, we might have avoided NU, but we didn't. I'm very happy to get the best seed we have ever had and an NCAA victory.

At the end of the day, I would prefer to be the higher seed and get a good shot at an NCAA win and let the girls play the best. Playing against NU in that environment will pay dividends in the future in helping to continue to build a program.

I had high expectations for this year, and after a Valley championship, an NCAA win, and a competitive showing against NU, and can say nothing but good about what our girls have done this year. GO SHOCKS!
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Congratulations to the team!! Abby & Sara - THANKS!!!

Next year our setter will probably be a freshman. It may be a tough year, at least at the start when we play OOC, in 2008. Abby did a great job and played through pain and illness. Sara was two-time MVC POY. Great people!! Hopefully Katie, Lindsey, Sarah, etc. will step up for us (along with our current Soph starters).
                              :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Fun season and a good match to watch on TV. Already excited for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X