X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    If I had a mil lying around we would have a Women’s Soccer team in 24’
    I'd be on a beach in Hawaii.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Earning........20%

Comment

Kansas Rush also won the U16 title. The U17 team has a wonderful and sad story surrounding them. if you haven't read it... Eagle - Wichita girls soccer team wins 'fairy tale' national championship in honor of teammate

They were desperate to fulfill what they believed to be their destiny, to “do it for Kilar,” which had become the team’s lodestar in the two years since their former teammate, Kilar Gillispie, had died at the age of 15.

“This was way bigger than just a game for us,” Rush goalkeeper Avery Mason said. “Since Kilar passed, every single game has meant so much to us.”

Every player on the team wore black “KG7” armbands during games, and “Do it for Kilar” flags waved up and down the sideline of the team’s games.

But the most touching tribute came from Hunter, who was best friends and soccer teammates with Gillispie since the age of 4. After the tragedy, Hunter made the heavy decision to start wearing Gillispie’s No. 7 jersey to carry on her legacy.

It’s not uncommon for Hunter, a scoring dynamo at Circle High School, to find the back of the net, but it wasn’t hard to see why those on Kansas Rush Wichita felt like Tuesday’s championship game was straight out of Hollywood when Hunter, wearing the No. 7 jersey, scored the winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Rebel Elite FC from St. George, Utah.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that Kilar was with us on the field today,” Hunter said. “To be able to score that goal, wearing her jersey, it’s literally crazy. It’s a moment I’ll never forget. That’s once-in-a-lifetime stuff.”
        Around the same time as the U-17 Rush team won their title, the U-16 Rush girls soccer team captured their own national championship at Scheels Stryker Sports Complex.

The 2007 Kansas Rush Wichita team survived a scoreless 110 minutes in the championship game against Allegheny (Penn.) Force FC, then prevailed in the fifth round of a shootout when goalkeeper Parker Clark (Maize) made a save and Ashlynn Stipp (Circle) converted the game-winner from the spot.

Just like in the other final, a father coached his daughter’s team and watched as his daughter scored the title-clinching goal.
        It's beautiful and sad. It's cool that the Gillespie's are still so involved and close to the team.

I think this also further shows how much local talent we have and we need to start the program sooner rather than later.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Kansas Rush also won the U16 title. The U17 team has a wonderful and sad story surrounding them. if you haven't read it... Eagle - Wichita girls soccer team wins 'fairy tale' national championship in honor of teammate

It's beautiful and sad. It's cool that the Gillespie's are still so involved and close to the team.

I think this also further shows how much local talent we have and we need to start the program sooner rather than later.
          Outstanding story! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

I just want to make Kung Wu mad by posting about soccer even though there's nothing to currently post about and tagging him so he just has to come see it.

You're welcome!
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm the guy in blue, you're on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I'm the guy in blue, you're on the ball.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The regular season attendance record for a NCAA women’s soccer game is 11,925, which sounds quite breakable.

Comment

Working...
                  X