No announcement yet.

Shocker soccer coming soon?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can just hear Mike Kennedy, “Shocker Soccer” just rolling off his tongue!
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Soccer is obviously a great program add, but I'm still hoping for a package deal with beach volleyball added as well. I will figure out a way to hide my NIL contributions from the wife.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Here is where I think Saal is brilliant. We could be the thing quickly with lots of NIL money to be found. Why? Cause it’s different, people can immediately step up and make an individual statement that doesn’t feel like a lost cause. Averaging 2-3k fans a game is easily possible. Selling licensed apparel will be a huge success. Becoming a regional or national power is far more achievable than outside of track, any other sport.

I could throw $100.00 month towards womens soccer or track or even softball and feel like I’m not just setting it ablaze.
        I'm excited W Soccer is coming to campus but let's not go overboard here. We are not going to average 2-3000 in attendance. After the newness wears off, attendance will be +/- 500, with most that being "tickets sold", not butts in seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

I'm excited W Soccer is coming to campus but let's not go overboard here. We are not going to average 2-3000 in attendance. After the newness wears off, attendance will be +/- 500, with most that being "tickets sold", not butts in seat.
          Depends how competitive we are. It's a growing sport and gaining traction in the area. A good team will draw better than that I think. The average attendance through all of D1 for women's soccer is 1,600+. I would think that would be an achievable mark for a good, competitive squad.

I can't find a breakdown of attendance like I can men's basketball. There's one in a PDF format, but it's getting blocked at work as unsafe. I don't think the 2-3k is that far off base with the little data I can find. Also, considering the amount of locals we could potentially have, that could help generate more interest as well, if they're good. You're pulling even more from friends/family/high school connections that can help generate early excitement as well as long-term fans.

Heck, I attended a lot more women's basketball games when I'd gone to school with a couple of the players. The basketball program has never been able to capitalize off of any of the brief moments of success they've had which hurts, but I think many believe it's possible for a soccer program to be built the right way and be competitive nationally in relatively short order. I could see good things for this program.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would imagine quite a few area teams to watch women's soccer at a collegiate level. Just an off hand question...can Lacrosse be played on a soccer field?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              I would imagine quite a few area teams to watch women's soccer at a collegiate level. Just an off hand question...can Lacrosse be played on a soccer field?
              Usually.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Lacrosse was always a President Golden dream, so because of that fact alone, pass.

Comment

Ahhh yes. So you are going to minimize a truly American sport because of some miscreant. Any sport that is played with helmets pads and long staffs has got to have some merit

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    Ahhh yes. So you are going to minimize a truly American sport because of some miscreant. Any sport that is played with helmets pads and long staffs has got to have some merit
                    Crooked Arrows Official Trailer #1 (2012) Brandon Routh Movie HD - YouTube

Comment

Not sure how big of a deal this National Presidents Cup Tournament is but Kansas Rush Wichita did well. I guess that's an indication that there is some decent home grown soccer talent.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 11, 2023, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Not sure how big of a deal this National Presidents Cup Tournament is but Kansas Rush Wichita did well. I guess that's an indication that there is some decent home grown soccer talent.

Oh snap, yes that's a major tournament. I wonder if that's one of Adam Hunter's teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oh snap, yes that's a major tournament. I wonder if that's one of Adam Hunter's teams?
                          It appears to be:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Nice!

Comment

Recruits!!!!!

Comment

If I had a mil lying around we would have a Women’s Soccer team in 24’

Comment

Working...
                                X