No announcement yet.

Shocker soccer coming soon?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's start the program soon and keep an eye on these local champions!

Eagle - 'A true team': Wichita girls soccer 13U team wins national title at Presidents Cup

A local girls soccer team claimed a national championship on their home turf.

The under-13 team for Kansas Rush Wichita Academy concluded an undefeated path to a title with a 3-0 victory over Beadling (Penn.) 2011 Girls West in the finals of the U.S. Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup on Tuesday at Scheels Stryker Sports Complex.

The winning roster, made up entirely of Wichita-based players, was Marisol Bernal, Zoe Brown, Alice Dody, Blakley Finley, KJ Gray, Paige Grosser, Ellie Hein, Kollins Hon, Laney Klein, Brecken Lacy, Breckyn Marsh, Lily Palmer, Gemma Redcorn, Mia Rochester, Alexis Sacks, Stephanie Sells, Kenzie Stout and Jenna Thompson.

“I’ve only been with this team for about six months, but they’ve been an absolute pure joy to coach,” Kansas Rush Wichita manager Travis Stipp said. “They’re a team that is always wanting to train, always wanting to be together, always wanting to play and that makes them so easy to coach. This championship was just the culmination of a lot of hard work and their commitment to being out there, traveling, playing and training.”
    Seriously, if we're to possibly start a program in '26 or '27 this age group would be a factor. You'd be looking at HS sophomores or so at the launch of the program. I'm not sure how long the recruiting process is in soccer when it comes to developing relationships and such, but getting on them early never hurts. I won't be surprised if a few of these kids develop into D1 talent. Sounds like it's an entire group of hard working go getters that want to get better.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
    X