Big Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan
    ...Nickerson and even Smith able to play PF if needed.
    Ben Smith? Are you serious?

He's a 2-3 and would never see a single minute at the 4.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

He played some PF at juco. He's 6-5 and averaged double figure rebounds as a freshman and sophomore. I agree that he IS a SF for us, but he would be very similar in size to Clemente and Martin.

See link on Ben Smith's transition from inside to guard:

Livin the dream

Comment

Tongihts scrimmage

This thread is getting rather confusing. How did Ben Smith's name come up? Anyway, this was a great night to watch a scrimmage. Clevin Hannah was there along with PJ Couinard. With 13 players on scholarship there along with the 4 walk-ons, those 2 plus 3 recruit prospects who participated in the scrimmage, they enough players for 4 complete teams plus 2 subs.

There were several Shocker fans on hand & we all liked what we saw very much. Joe Ragland is the real deal at pt guard! That has to be the 1st take away from watching a scimmage although Demetric Williams will press him greatly for playing time.

Outside the playing area, we met a new assistant coach who was hired a month ago, but hasn't been announced yet in the media. He is going to be the Dir of Player Development as I understand it. He has 3 past involvements in the final 4 - once as a player with Ohio State, and the other 2 times as an assist coach - once with Rick Pitino at Louisville and the other time at the U of Michigan. I didn't understand what this guy said his 1st name was, so I'll wait for the official announcement.

Folks, get ready to fasten your seat belts for the basketball season. This team is going to come to play every night! It's going to be a very exciting season.

Comment

xa, check PM.

Comment

I'm not able to post on Rivals' message board. Something is messed up and I've never cared enough to get it fixed. Bossi has a thread on there about the visit list. I'm hoping somebody will post a question to him about just who our Mr. McGee is.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Without Eric Bossi's help here is my own thinking on this. I don't know why Rival's had Tyrus McGee down for a visit with us. Perhaps he was to come in, perhaps not. I cannot find a McGee on the available rosters in the Panhandle League. But Carl Hall is at Northwest Florida State College this year which is in the Panhandle Conference. He fits the description given in this thread. There is a picture of him here:

Does this look like him?

The Shocker staff was VERY impressed with him at Hutchinson last year when he was with Middle Georgia College. I've had this information in the 2011 Summary (near the bottom). I also mentioned him in the Offers and Visits thread I recently posted. I'm not surprised if indeed they wanted him in for an official visit ASAP.

I believe Carl has already visited VCU and probably has a visit scheduled with a C-USA school.

Betcha it was him. Come on Carl, I want you to be a SHOCKER!!
              In the fast lane

Comment

Carl Hall

Yes, that's the Carl Hall I saw in the concourse at Koch Arena last night. Trouble is, I thought one of the coaches told me it was McGee. So that means that Tyrus McGee must have indeed been the other guard here on a recruiting visit besides Chapman. The 4th player here was Victor Nickerson.

Comment

Who was on Pitino's staff in 97?

Comment

Carl Hall is listed as either 6-8 or 6-9 and averaged 18.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, and 3.6 bpg as a freshman at Middle Georgia. 65% FG and 62% FT. Carl looks like our PF for 2011-2013!

Okay, so I am drooling a little at the thought of Hall and EO manning the blocks as seniors...That would be a seriously dangerous place to be on offense for the opponent!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

:yahoo: 4 recruits in this weekend!!??!!

Is it too much to ask for one verbal? :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                        He played some PF at juco. He's 6-5 and averaged double figure rebounds as a freshman and sophomore. I agree that he IS a SF for us, but he would be very similar in size to Clemente and Martin.

See link on Ben Smith's transition from inside to guard:

http://enidnews.com/sportslocal/x123...anges-his-game
                        No way SMith sees one minute at the four in D1. He is 6'5" but not even 200 pounds! This kid is a 2/3 combo.

Comment

I agree...my comment was in response to not having enough PFs on the roster...if that were the case, he is someone who would be capable of playing that position if he absolutely had to for a couple of minutes. Get over it. I know he is a guard.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Coach

Pinstrikers, the new coach on the WSU MBB team is Devon Smith. Someone told me that this morning. He went to the Final 4 as a player at Ohio State and was later on Pitinos staff at Louisville when they went to the Final 4. He seems very personable, & knowledgeable about BB.

Comment

I hope Sully has something on this weekend. I'm dying to hear some bit of info on this or what the recruits may think
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Recruit Prospects

I would like to clarify something I said on Friday about 2 players - Tyrus McGee and Carl Hall. When I first arrived at the scrimmage on Fri eve, I noticed all the new faces and I asked another alum standing there who they were. Well, it seems he mixed up McGee and Hall. So, I was mistaken about what I said here about the two of them after that. McGee did indeed take part in the scrimmage and he is a guard. Carl Hall is indeed a big guy at 6-8 or so, but he did not take part in the scrimmage. The last time I saw him out in the concourse, the same alum who had identifiied him earlier as McGee told me that again. So, it was all an honest mistake. I was pretty busy on Sat, but wanted to get back here today and sort this out for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X