Big Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Weekend!

OK this deserves it's own thread as the weekend turns out to be a very important one. We already knew about McGee and Chatman visiting this weekend. We now learn from E. Bossi that E. Victor Nickerson will also be in town.

Love to see us get a verbal from two of these guys during or soon after the visit.
    In the fast lane

I would gladly take immediate verbals from Chatman and Nickerson. I wouldn't much care who took the final 'ship after getting those two.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lets sign em all and be done with it! Actually though, I don't know that we have room for 2 more guards to go along with Wessel in next years class.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Why not?

Nickerson (SF) - Smith would be a SR
        Chatman (PG) - Williams would be a JR, Ragland (SR)
        Wessel (CG) - Murry and Kyles would both be SRs.

Richardson (SG/SF) would be a SO.

With Chatman, Williams and Ragland would both be free to play as SGs with no worries of tiring and losing a ball handler.

I think that would set things up nicely. We probably need one big to go with them. With 5 available the following year we'd still have a lot of options and every position would be available. Including a couple more post players.

In '11 we're looking at Stutz (SR), Ehimen (JR), Hamilton (SO). Insert a JC big if you feel Hamilton won't be enough of an impact or a FR if you do. Either way, you're looking at a couple of bigs in '12.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Why not?

With Chatman, Williams and Ragland would both be free to play as SGs with no worries of tiring and losing a ball handler.

I think that would set things up nicely. We probably need one big to go with them. With 5 available the following year we'd still have a lot of options and every position would be available. Including a couple more post players.

In '11 we're looking at Stutz (SR), Ehimen (JR), Hamilton (SO). Insert a JC big if you feel Hamilton won't be enough of an impact or a FR if you do. Either way, you're looking at a couple of bigs in '12.
          If we sign all 3 of them, along with Wessel, we won't have a scholarship to give to another post player, either JUCO or freshman. Even if Nickerson can play in the post, that gives you only 4 post players on the roster.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

yeah

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              Originally posted by SubGod22
              Why not?

If we sign all 3 of them, along with Wessel, we won't have a scholarship to give to another post player, either JUCO or freshman. Even if Nickerson can play in the post, that gives you only 4 post players on the roster.
              I never said sign all three and my response was to the statement that we couldn't afford to sign two more guards. And isn't McGee a PF? I haven't looked but I thought that's what the Rivals article said. So if we signed him that would give us a JC big. I'd just like Chatman and Nickerson and would take the first big to say yes
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I just looked at the McGee thread and he's a PG. The Rivals article said big man. So signing him would be a problem. I'd rather have Chatman as a JC guard doesn't make much sense to me. So yes, signing all three wouldn't be wise, but my point about two guards still is valid.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

McGee

I was just at the scrimmage tonight. McGee is much too big to be a pt guard. He's a 4 - power forward type.

Comment

So the initial post in his thread is wrong as it describes him as a 6'2" PG? If he's a big than I'll take him with the other two and we can start focusing on 2012!
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Re: McGee

Originally posted by xazshox
                      I was just at the scrimmage tonight. McGee is much too big to be a pt guard. He's a 4 - power forward type.
                      Are you sure it wasn't Nickerson you were seeing?

Comment

McGee

There has apparently been a mixup on which McGee WSU is recruiting. I, along with several others, figured out who all everyone was on the floor. Victor Nickerson is a 3, swing type forward. McGee didn't play in the scrimmage. The coaches aren't allowed to be at the scrimmage, but they pointed McGee out to us outside the Multipurpose area where the scrimmages were held. Our McGee prospect is big & he is going to a Jr college in Florida somewhere this season. I forget the name of it, but it's in the same league with Chipola.

The scrimmages also included PJ Couisnard & Clevin Hannah. With 4 walk-ons involved now, they had enough players for 4 complete teams. There was quite a talent show tonight!

Comment

This is Tyrus McGee from Cowley

Not him?
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Mcgee

Not even close. The McGee I saw is much taller & he has pretty long hair. The McGee I saw is 6-7 to 6-8 or so.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at McGee as a PG to go along with Chatman and Wessel with Nickerson as a SF. That makes the 2011-12 team a little guard heavy with four PG, four SG, two SF, a PF, and two centers. Now McGee the PF makes sense to go along with Hamilton and having Nickerson and even Smith able to play PF if needed.

If you all were at the scrimmage, how about some great detailed info!!! That has really been missing this summer, and we had three recruits to watch so...
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X