No announcement yet.

08 Recruit Stats/Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heiar was the captain of Chris Jans' Kirkwood Community College team.

Comment

Heiar was indeed the captain of Jans' Kirkwood team, and additionally, they both have roots to a nice DIII school in Iowa, Loras College. Jans as a record setting 3 point shooter and Heiar as an assistant for 4 years. Their time at Loras was seperated by a few years, and the coach under whom Heiar served is now the top assistant at Iowa.

Jans played under Brad Soderberg, former coach at Wisconsin and more recently St. Louis

Interesting how paths intertwine at times.

Perhaps Jans has some eligibility left, he could help with the shooting woes :)

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
        anyone know where to find stats for Clevin Hannah's school?
        In the fast lane

Comment

Clevin had 9 points against St. Petersburgh the other day

Comment

Clevin looks to be solid all the way around, in shooting, assists, and steals.

He plays with some teammates that are good too, so I think he is looking for an assist first before shooting, which may explain only 8 or 10 points from him, but I think he has the potential to score more if he needs to.

That game where he hit 4 out of 5 treys was a sign of that potential.

I am excited about our 08-09 recruits coming in, all of them.

BTW, How did Murry do last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9

BTW, How did Murry do last night?
              wish i knew, the houston high school website is messed up right now. i'll try to find it out sooner or later though

Comment

Hannah had 32 points last night in their win

Comment

Wushock, do you have a link that we can look at to see the rest of his line?

Thanks!

Comment

The only other stat they had was 10 for 11 3 pointers. Go to Tallahassee Community College and click on Scorboard and you can follow his team all through the year. You can also go the NJCAA website and click on Chipola Community College and get his up to date stats

Comment

updated

Clevin Hannah had 32 yesterday

David Kyles had 5 on Thursday

i can't find the stats for Toure Murry's last game, the houston chron website is all messed up

Comment

Kyles had 6 tonight against Houston Jesuit

Comment

Torre must not have had many as they give the top 3 scorers and he wasn't one of them and the scores weren't very high for them

Comment

It sounds as though CH can shoot the "lights out" when called upon to score. He is surrounded by tons of talent, and seems to have point guard mentality. However, I have always loved a point guard that distibutes the ball, but if you lay back and don't respect his shooting touch, he can light you up like a Christmas tree.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hannah Has Hot Hand
                              Hits Ten Three’s in Chipola Win

Sophomore Clevin Hannah scorched the nets on Friday afternoon for 32 points, helping lead the Chipola Indians to an 84-68 win over Georgia Perimeter in the Rick Flores Classic at Okaloosa-Walton College.

The future Wichita State Shocker was simply on fire, connecting on a school record ten three point field goals in just eleven tries.

“I was feeling it,” said Hannah. “They kept leaving me open at the top of the key, which got me going in the first half. Everyone was looking for me then. I was just knocking the shots down when they came to me.”

Hannah’s 32 points set a new season high for an individual Indian player. He is now averaging 12.4 points per game, while shooting an unbelievable 66% from beyond the 3pt line (25-38).

“Ever since I’ve known Clevin, he always makes those plays,” said Chipola coach Greg Heiar. “It really wasn’t a surprise to me, because any time this team has gotten down, Clev just puts this team on his back. That’s what great point guards do.”

Chipola came out of the gates sluggish, trailing 23-8 with 9:03 to play in the first half. That’s when the Indians picked it up on defense and Hannah came to life.

Over the course of the final nine minutes of the first half, Chipola outscored Georgia Perimeter 34-8. Hannah went 7 for 7 from the 3pt line during that stretch.

“Great point guards are pass first guys,” said Heiar. “But when the team needs him, that’s when its time to take over. The team needed him tonight, which just goes to show how great of a player that young man is.”

Chipola, now 8-0 on the season, also got a strong outing from freshman Gary Flowers. Flowers ended the evening with a double-double, scoring 10 points and hauling in 11 rebounds.

Sophomore Malik Alvin was solid at the point. He too scored 10 points, while dishing out a team high 6 assists and grabbing 5 rebounds.

The Indians resume play tomorrow at 3:30 pm against USC-Salkehatchie in the Flores Classic. Chipola defeated USC-Salkehatchie last weekend in Atlanta, 81-57.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Shocks02---thanks for the enormous work you do to keep this updated. Just a suggestion, when you add the stats, why not leave the scheduled team showing so we can tell against whom the stats occurred? Again, I appreciate whatever you give me.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X