No announcement yet.

Garrius Holloman - Committed to Cowley CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortez went someplace like Middle Tennesse. There were a couple others from that Heights team that played D-1, one with St Bonaventure and one with......

Comment

after HCC Cortez went to Univ. of Tenn.

Comment

He went wherever Dave Farrar was coaching, that was certainly not UT.

Comment

Farrar went to Middle Tennessee.

Comment

Wait a minute...........maybe I'm crazy.........

Comment

Adrian Griffen was coming to WSU but when Cohen got fired he went to Seton Hall.
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Something that really bothered me back then was a comment I seem to remember reading in the paper after Coach Cohen signed Ryan Herrs. It was something like "We just signed the best player in Kansas." Yikes!!! I seen both of them(Ryan and Adrian) play in High School and I thought Adrian was the best player in Kansas that year, even though I was also impressed with R.H. However, does such a comment possibly hurt your chances later in signing Griffen? Why make such a comment? Ryan had already signed the dotted line anyway. Does anybody else remember this? FSF was spitting nails when I read that!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Not surprising. Cohen also didn't think Steve Woodberry was good enough for the MVC.

Comment

Woodberry was a player and went on to have a fine pro career as well. How we allowed some of these guys to leave the city is beyond me.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Johnny Murdock was overlooked as well and he came back to haunt us over and over and over for his 4 year tenure at SW Mo. State. I watched Johhny Murdock several times when he was a Junior and Senior at South High, and he sure impressed the "Dickens" out of me. Not signing him was the "worst of times and the worst of times"---so to speak.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

that's awful........

Comment

Roy Williams was at Woodberry's house and Mike Cohen called for Steve. That is the difference right there. An out of town coach is actually in the house of a recruit in our back yard, while our coach is calling on the phone for Steve.
                          Not good

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                            Roy Williams was at Woodberry's house and Mike Cohen called for Steve. That is the difference right there. An out of town coach is actually in the house of a recruit in our back yard, while our coach is calling on the phone for Steve.
                            Not good
                            Whether it's a microcosm or not, that's out of context. Unless we know the full story, that moment in time is just that, a single moment that means nothing unless accompanied by a complete timeline of events. Perhaps a week earlier Cohen was in Woodberry's living room when Roy called.

I'm no Cohen apologist, but I don't like it when someone tries to paint a broad stroke with a narrow brush.

Comment

This came directly from Steve's mouth (mixed in with a "I've seen the light" comment).

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                                Johnny Murdock was overlooked as well and he came back to haunt us over and over and over for his 4 year tenure at SW Mo. State. I watched Johhny Murdock several times when he was a Junior and Senior at South High, and he sure impressed the "Dickens" out of me. Not signing him was the "worst of times and the worst of times"---so to speak.
                                Oh the starting 5 we could've had. WSU would've definitely been better had Cohen inked these guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X