No announcement yet.

Garrius Holloman - Committed to Cowley CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya that makes since but the thing that i see in him is desire to have the ball in his hands in crunch time

i wouldnt mind goin after a couple other people on east though
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

I haven't seen Flowers play but from what I hear he'd be another one to keep an eye on. I believe he's a JR this year.

Holloman needs to go to JUCO if he wants to play D1 I think. Either that or hope somebody takes a flyer on him and hope he improves his outsied game.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The best thing that can happen for Holloman would be to grow 4-5 inches, which is possible, or to develop a sweet jumper from long range. Without one or both of those happening he will not be anything more than a really good high school player. In some games he is a man among boys, but that won't be the same in college, even at the Juco level.

I really like Leon Flowers at East. His dad was a good ball player at West in the early 90s and his uncle played for East when I was a student there in the mid-90s. Leon has a nice stroke but relies too much on finesse. I really wish he would learn to impose his will on a game and take over. If he can do that and work on his handles he will have a special senior year. He didn't really produce like he should have his junior year, however...

Comment

I watched East play Goddard tonight and Holloman played a pretty dang good game. That being said he still is too short to play D-1 center ball. He had a fairly good shot but his dribble would have to greatly improve to play a decent PF position. But he still impressed me, he defended well and had 2 monster blocks... a couple dunks and hit a few mid-range shots. The only thing i didnt like was that he was easily winded. Flowers lol has some ups. Dude had a one handed and two handed flush on fastbreaks... he hit a couple shots but traveled almost everytime he touched the ball ( wasnt called but twice). If he could develop his J more and maybe grow an inch or so he could def be a player to watch and maybe try to go after. I see holloman at juco then a small D-1. Flowers possibly a small to medium D-1 or Juco then medium to fairly decent D-1
          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

"Wichita State is not an option for Holloman." SMU and Florida Atlantic are looking at him. He is a qualifier but his options include prep or Juco for one year to develop an outside game. Perhaps WSU is encouraging this route.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Signs with Cowley CC and Steve Eck.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Anyone care to guess where Leon Flowers ended up?

The answer is at this link.

Comment

Without looking I'll say Hutch.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Garrius, along with 6 others at Cowley CC have followed Steve Eck to Hutch. I already mentioned Goff transferring in his thread. Also going to Hutch are Wichitians Adonis Gantt and Cortez Barnes. Jordan Fields, Jawanza Poland and Dominque Lane are the others.

Holloman, Gantt, Barnes and Fields have been cleared to play this season. Poland, Goff and Lane are awaiting transfer waivers. If not received, they will have to redshirt.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Seven Cowley players join Eck

Comment

There ought to be a rule against something like this, however, we all know Steve will win at any cost and he does win.

Comment

There are very few rules at the JUCO level
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Holloman to Bethune-Cookman.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                            X