Garrius Holloman - Committed to Cowley CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawmaker
    This came directly from Steve's mouth (mixed in with a "I've seen the light" comment).
    I don't doubt the accuracy of the story. I'm just saying I doubt it is the whole picture.

Comment

Woodberry

As often happens, this has long since lost touch with anything related to Garrius Holloman -- remember him: the guy this thread is supposedly about? -- and should probably be separated into a topic unto itself.

Nevertheless, since we're hopelessly at sea for the moment, I'll add for Royal and lawmaker that Woodberry was also later quoted as saying that he really liked Rick Duckett and that if Duckett had stayed at WSU, he'd have been a Shocker. Unfortunately, when Fogler left Duckett did as well, and Cohen was either overconfident, underinterested, or for some other reason failed to preserve the connection that Duckett had established. (In fairness to him, maybe it was also simply a case of the player being a recruit of the coach rather than the school, and once Duckett was gone there was no real chance.)

As for Griffin, he was later quoted as saying that he wanted to get out of town and that he liked the big city atmosphere at Seton Hall. So he was really just one of those guys who would have been almost impossible to keep local. If Marshall is salesman enough to change that attitude the next time someone like Griffin or Taj Gray comes along, and can convince the kid to stay at home after all, he will have proven himself a master recruiter indeed.

Comment

Ive said it once and ill say it agian Garrious Holloman is the best player in the state no question about

I was at that game and even though cyphers scored 19 i wasnt impressed with his shooting from behind the arc or is lack of abaility to drive to the lane

I was talkin to Garrious over the summer and he played with cyphers and he was saying that since cyphers broke his wrist he couldnt shoot the same witch you could tell that
        ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
          Ive said it once and ill say it agian Garrious Holloman is the best player in the state no question about
          So I assume you've seen all the other good players in the state.

Can you provide us with a scouting report for the following players:

Travis Releford (Bishop Meige - KU)
          Willie Reed (Bishop Meige - SLU)
          Jeff Reid (Topeka Hayden)
          Ty Modupe (Topeka Highland Park)
          Robert Lewindowski (Blue Valley NW - Texas Tech)
          Alex English (Blue Valley NW)
          Clinton Mann (St. Thomas Aquinas - Iowa St)

I'd like to know how they compare with Holloman.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            So I assume you've seen all the other good players in the state.

Can you provide us with a scouting report for the following players:

Travis Releford (Bishop Meige - KU)
            Willie Reed (Bishop Meige - SLU)
            Jeff Reid (Topeka Hayden)
            Ty Modupe (Topeka Highland Park)
            Robert Lewindowski (Blue Valley NW - Texas Tech)
            Alex English (Blue Valley NW)
            Clinton Mann (St. Thomas Aquinas - Iowa St)

I'd like to know how they compare with Holloman.
            Me too... I'm waiting with bated breath. J/k nut :D
            I often see ‘bated breath’ written as ‘baited breath’. I can see how that happens: you hear the term, and the only word you know that sounds like ‘bated’ is &#82…
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This came directly from Steve's mouth (mixed in with a "I've seen the light" comment).
              Explain a bit more. What do you mean, "I've seen the light."

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                Explain a bit more. What do you mean, "I've seen the light."
                Maybe Lawman was thinking of this:
                "I've Seen the Light" was the outcome of myself and Edwin Starr's co-writing. A piece of Luther Vandross type eighties style soul with a huge gospel influenc...

:yahoo:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

no i honestly havent seen all of them but that is just my opinion what ive seen out of garrious id take anyday and over anyone in the state
                  ShockerNut 2305

Comment

no i honestly havent seen all of them but that is just my opinion what ive seen out of garrious id take anyday and over anyone in the state
                    I was hoping you'd see the ignorance and bias in your own statement, but I guess not.

Comment

If you said you thought he was the best in the city that'd be one thing. And that could be debated. I think most would agree that Relaford is by far the best in the state. That's probably why he's the only one ranked nationally. Unless one of the others has slipped in and I've missed it.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not that it means anything per se, but when I searched for Kansas recruits Holloman didn't even show up.

I'm sure he's a good player, but to say that he is unequivically the best player in the state and you haven't seen anyone outside of the city is just plain ridiculous and not a very good way to build reputation as a believable poster.

Comment

Holloman is a good player, but he's a 6'5" post player. Heck, there are at least 4 guys in the CITY LEAGUE that I'd take over Holloman. I don't even think he's the best guy on his team. I'd probably take Leon Flowers over him. - This is just a pure talent observation. If he came to WSU, I'm sure he could help out if he improves his defense.
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Sounds like another Justin White.

Comment

heres the thang with holloman is he would more than likely play at the 3 and not the 4 if he could improve his shot he could be a monster

yes leon flowers is a very good player for them and so is marcus adams and there point gaurd jawanza powland
                              ShockerNut 2305

Comment

heres the thang with holloman is he would more than likely play at the 3 and not the 4 if he could improve his shot he could be a monster
                                We keep hearing this. The problem is that whenever a player description is accompanied with "ifs", it means he is a project. And based on GM's first full recruiting class, I don't see him using scholarships on projects.

However, once the program is build back into a 20-game winner, I could see GM taking a chance on a guy like this once every 3 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X