No announcement yet.

Dead Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From reading this it looks like the 16th is the last day of the dead period.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=25072

Couldin't get your link to open, but here is where I got my dates:

Comment

I usually get my dates at the "Dewdrop", and normally not till after midnight...............

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=25072
          Finallly got your link to open. I believe if they tried just a little harder they could make it totally incomprehensible. But the way I read it I believe you are correct. If I am understanding this right, the next contact period would be between April 17 and May 20. But who knows if I have my head screwed on right -- you practically have to draw a diagram to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RampageWSU
            We have a world-class Exercise Science program at WSU!

Im not saying you dont get a solid education in that program. But world-class it is not.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

This dead period is "killing" me.

Maybe we should do a poll on who we'll sign, or whether we'll sign somebody we're not aware of.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by rZ

Im not saying you dont get a solid education in that program. But world-class it is not.
                Nah...nothing big. Just 2 ACSM fellows... I tell ya, the program is one of the better in the country. It's not Texas, or Pittsburgh, but it's definitely one of the top 25 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ

Nah...nothing big. Just 2 ACSM fellows... I tell ya, the program is one of the better in the country. It's not Texas, or Pittsburgh, but it's definitely one of the top 25 or so.
                  A program that does not have enough faculty to teach the necessary number of courses, has outdated laboratory facilities, and has no PhD program is not in the top 25. Further more, the required courses to earn this degree do not provide the breadth of knowledge necessary when educating scientists.

That being said, one particular faculty member has applied for and received major $$$ to spend on new lab equipment. The program has potential, if it can separate itself from the College of Education.

Only 1 ACSM fellow in the dept. of human performance studies. Only 3 faculty total, and ruth is a joke so she doesn't count.

Edit: Found this for you as well, granted it's from 2006 however these reviews and program rankings are done on a 5 year basis.

T1. Penn St. and UCONN
                  T3. Arizona St., U. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U. of Maryland
                  6. UMASS-Amherst
                  7. Indiana U.
                  T8. Oregon St., Teachers College-Columbia U., U. of South Carolina
                  T11. Texas A&M, U. of Minnesota
                  13. UT-Austin
                  14. U. of Georgia-Athens
                  T15. U. of Houston, U. of Illinois-Chicago, U. of Wisconsin-Madison
                  T18. Michigan St., U. of Michigan
                  20. Iowa St.
                  21. Ohio St.
                  T22. Ohio St., West Virginia
                  T24. Purdue, UNC-Greensboro
                  T26. Oklahoma, Utah
                  28. Auburn
                  29. Texas Womans
                  30. Mississippi
                  31. Florida St.
                  32. North Dakota St.

Criteria based on faculty indices include Productivity (research publications, books and book chapters, research presentations) Funding (federal, internal, and external) and Visibility (number of faculty on editorial boards and number of professional association fellows)

Criteria based on student indices include Graduate Assistant Support, Student Quality (GRE scores), Employment (postdocs, and number of graduates employed in the field) and Admissions (selectivity and yield)

As a side note, there are some very prominent universities that chose not to participate in this latest ranking review
                  That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle

Maybe we should do a poll on who we'll sign, or whether we'll sign somebody we're not aware of.
                    I would have to vote for players not yet on the summary. We don't appear to be close to any of them.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Originally posted by wu_shizzle

I would have to vote for players not yet on the summary. We don't appear to be close to any of them.
                      I'd take Torye Pelham for a high energy guy off the bench. We could play offense/defense at the 3 with He and Johnny Coy. But again I have no idea what the interest level is there.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

He is visiting other schools. Doesn't appear like we are a match.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Quintrell Thomas, mentioned earlier in this thread will be transfering to UNLV.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                          X