Dead Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Period

A dead period started this afternoon until noon on April 9th. Unless a very recent decision had been made by a recruit that he hasn't announced, don't expect any info on filling the vacant scholarship until after that date.
    In the fast lane

You mean I know something you don't know??

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      You mean I know something you don't know??
      huh????
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm giving trop crap. He thought, as "Recruiting Guru" this would be an easy off season....OOPS!!

Too much going on, and too much to be finalized to take a week off....

Expect LOTS of news come 4/9...including some closer to home...(nothing implied directly, but several people will be jumping quickly trying to get in at WSU before the 1 schollie fills)

BTW...PG Kelvin Grady has decided to transfer from Michigan looking for a fresh start at a program where he can make a bigger impact.

Comment

The KG new is interesting. He was also enrolled in the PE/Kineosology Dept at UM. We have a world-class Exercise Science program at WSU!

Comment

Grady

DSB, I know we see stuff on here about practically every guy who leaves somewhere else -- or so it seems -- but seriously, even though he's a PG, why would WSU be interested in a 5-11 sophomore who would have to sit out a year?

He'd have to be really, really, really good for that to make sense, in which case one might think he'd be having a bigger impact where he already is.

Comment

Re: Grady

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
              DSB, I know we see stuff on here about practically every guy who leaves somewhere else -- or so it seems -- but seriously, even though he's a PG, why would WSU be interested in a 5-11 sophomore who would have to sit out a year?

He'd have to be really, really, really good for that to make sense, in which case one might think he'd be having a bigger impact where he already is.
              In actuality we only see info on a handful of people who tranfer. There is a long list of young men changing schools, verbals, and asking to be released from LOI every year.

I include info on those who either had some connection with WSU, or due to atricles and statements include info that may indicate they may be interested in WSU.

Many are mentioned, like this one, in threads talking about players and possibilities. I do not create a thread unless they specifically are mentioned directly in connection with WSU.

Grady was a Top 100 player out of HS and chose Michigan over offers from Michigan State and Notre Dame among others. He wasn't a fit into Beilein's system. He has indicated academics are an important part of decision.

Comment

Nolan Dennis adds to list of players not going to Memphis.

Dennis, a 6'5 Wing G/F from North Richland Hills, Texas, is ranked in the 50's by most recruiting sites.

Would love to follow Coach Calipari to Kentucky, but is reopening his recruitment in case that doesn't work out.

Pipe dream maybe, but would make a great one player replacement for RC and AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  I'm giving trop crap. He thought, as "Recruiting Guru" this would be an easy off season....OOPS!!

Too much going on, and too much to be finalized to take a week off....

Expect LOTS of news come 4/9...including some closer to home...(nothing implied directly, but several people will be jumping quickly trying to get in at WSU before the 1 schollie fills)

BTW...PG Kelvin Grady has decided to transfer from Michigan looking for a fresh start at a program where he can make a bigger impact.
                  I would doubt if the news you were talking about was AJ...So I am ready for the news on the 9th to happen

Comment

Kansas basketball players Tyrone Appleton and Quintrell Thomas have decided to transfer, the school announced today.

Appleton transferred from Midland CC, and will have one year eligibility left.

Thomas, a Top 150 player from NJ, is looking to possibly stay in midwest, although rumors also include Siena.

Posted only because one or both are expected to land at a MVC school and I for one would welcome Quintrell.

Comment

I forgot Thomas was even there. I never thought Appleton was a good fit up there. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to having Thomas if he wants to stay in the area.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have no idea if there is any interest either way, but I get the feeling that Gregg and Bill have developed, if not a friendship, then a mutual respect and appreciation for what both do and have accomplished. An introduction for the benefit of the other would not surprise me.

Comment

Thomas was a scout 4 star

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I forgot Thomas was even there. I never thought Appleton was a good fit up there. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to having Thomas if he wants to stay in the area.
                            Thomas is from Jersey, but you never know...

Now Appleton is from Indiana, so I could see him ending up in the Valley.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

I didn't feel like starting a new thread, but the signing period begins on Wednesday and runs through May 20th.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X