Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989
    Originally posted by rjl
    While WSU is certainly the "hometown," it seem some are overestimating the difficulty Perry's family would undertake to see him in Lawrence. It's a quick 2.5 hour drive, and it's not like there's nothing else for the family to do when they are there.

Add to it, they would also fairly easily see him in Norman, Stillwater, and Manhattan.

Still not the same net benefit as just down the street WSU, but I am certain it has been considered.
    It is actually a 5 hour round trip. That is not so easy, eapecially for a night game.

It isn't so bad to occasionally make that trip but if you have to make it for every home game and then drive even further for nearly all of the road games. That does get difficult to keep up.

If he went to WSU they could drive 1 mile to home games, shoot they could almost walk to the games if they wanted to.
    There are loads of people who drive 1.5 hours from KC to Topeka every day for their commute (no one lives in Topeka and works in KC). Adding one hour to it for 18 games a year isn't too big a deal.

I'm just saying that it's unlikely Perry's family will miss a home game because it's too far away. Road games actually favor KU (as the conference stands right now).
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• If Ellis does choose WSU, I predict this thread will pass the EO thread page count by the end of the week.

Comment

• It's Over.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I've got a feeling....

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1
            It's Over.
            Meaning? I haven't seen any leaks from sources, only speculation.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
              Originally posted by wsushox1
              It's Over.
              Greens signing can't be good.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1
                Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Originally posted by wsushox1
                It's Over.
                Greens signing can't be good.
                Yes, but he didn't sign.... He orally committed... Same for all the other recruits.
                Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl
                  Originally posted by shox1989
                  Originally posted by rjl
                  While WSU is certainly the "hometown," it seem some are overestimating the difficulty Perry's family would undertake to see him in Lawrence. It's a quick 2.5 hour drive, and it's not like there's nothing else for the family to do when they are there.

Add to it, they would also fairly easily see him in Norman, Stillwater, and Manhattan.

Still not the same net benefit as just down the street WSU, but I am certain it has been considered.
                  It is actually a 5 hour round trip. That is not so easy, eapecially for a night game.

It isn't so bad to occasionally make that trip but if you have to make it for every home game and then drive even further for nearly all of the road games. That does get difficult to keep up.

If he went to WSU they could drive 1 mile to home games, shoot they could almost walk to the games if they wanted to.
                  There are loads of people who drive 1.5 hours from KC to Topeka every day for their commute (no one lives in Topeka and works in KC). Adding one hour to it for 18 games a year isn't too big a deal.

I'm just saying that it's unlikely Perry's family will miss a home game because it's too far away. Road games actually favor KU (as the conference stands right now).
                  I gotta agree with this. Wish I could live in denial here, but I just can't.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• We will know in a few hours. I still remain hopeful. :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Before Ellis: http://www.kansas.com/2011/09/21/202...ore-ellis.html

The Eagle lists 7 former big-time recruits from Wichita. Four initially chose WSU, 2 KU and one the NBA.

If past history means anything, our chances ought to be pretty good.

Comment

• I got my black and gold on today! No matter what we look good!! And ... I still gotta pinch myself that we have VanVleet!! Shox are the best team in the state!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Where can I watch or listen to the decision?

Comment

• 1410 KGSO, or Channel 3 i believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest
                              I've got a feeling....
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• The closer we get to this, the more I have hope! Starting to think the Derail commitment probably doesn't come in to play either way.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X